• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hasbro Game Night FIGHT! - The Final Season

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I was thinking Sylvanian Families, but that has a somewhat messy copyright history and isn't a Tomy IP anymore. I was also eyeing Pop-Up Pirate, but he has an item - not sure if that disconfirms, anyway my submission will be...

hold on isnt pac man technically elegible for this
I forgot to mention this in the initial post, but not is a good a time as any.
Going forward, DLC will allow submissions from characters that are already assists, items, and bosses in the base game. Those disconfirmations no longer count.

Also, we're not including guests yet so no Pac-Man. Technically he would be eligible for the guest round, though, by virtue of being a Bandai property, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Also, we're not including guests yet so no Pac-Man. Technically he would be eligible for the guest round, though, by virtue of being a Bandai property, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there
What I was talking about with Pac-Man is actually that he was believed to be inspired by (or depending on who you ask, plagarised from) an old Tomy toy, but I don't blame you for not getting the reference. Just a silly history joke, not a genuine suggestion.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Wanda (Kamiwaza Wanda)

i don't know this Kamiwaza Wanda,but i had to submit anything for this thread,but i searched about the franchise of this character,Kamiwaza Wanda is a media franchise created by Takara Tomy and there is a anime and manga of thiis

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 64
Happy Valentine's Day to y'all! Normally I would give you all the day off, but given that you're on Smashboards you probably don't have a Valentine, so let's get on with our first DLC vote!
NEW VOTES
Alright, so we wrapped up our Japanese character submission with 6 total characters! I considered submitting myself... but I plan on saving my submission for a later round this season. With that said, thank you to all who submitted! Our nominees for the very first DLC character of Hasbro Game Night Fight are:
Honestly, these are all fantastic obscure pick submissions... but only one will move forward into the DLC line-up.
So with that, go ahead and rank your Top 3, and your own cannot be in first. I'm excited to see who the winner will be!
NEW JOBS
So normally I follow up a character job with a stage job, but we can't quite do a stage for the DLC characters just yet... but we do have 2 extra stages to include regardless, so with that said...

Job: Submit any stage you feel missed out in the base game!
Self-explanatory, really. Not sure if this will fill out both extra spots or just 1, but we'll see what comes of it. In any case, go ahead and nominate a stage that you feel falls under this criteria! It could he any type of stage; One that represented a branch or era of Hasbro/Takara that didn't make it in, a major locale missing from a major IP, or a home stage for a character that doesn't have one. Your pick!

Last edited:
Before I send my votes out, I should mention that I don't like the thought of sex. It doesn't mean your comment on "not having a valentine" doesn't hurt, though.

Votes:
1: Shobu Kirifuda
2: Yamato Delgado
3: M121 Mason
Fun Fact: Had I known he was on the table, I would have submitted Shobu myself.

As for the stage, I actually think Operation missed out.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. M121 Mason
2. Shobu
3. Rizumu

Stage that missed out on base game:

Connect 4

81ZNRHJ+cIL.jpg

I cannot believe this game got NO representation in the base game at all. Basically, the fighters fight on top of the Connect 4 board. Occassionally, you will see hands of players dropping red and yellow chips. Watch out for the bottom to move as you will need to jump to dodge going through the board! Overall, super iconic Hasbro game that deserves a stage for real.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
  1. Rizumu
  2. Mason
  3. Liogre
I love the idea of a Rhythm character and I like Rizumu's Hololive look, so she gets my top vote. Mason is a bit obvious, and Liogre just looks really cool.

For stages, I'm submitting Menzobarrenzan, the city of Spiders
Dd_menzoberranzan.jpg
Always felt as far as D&D stages go, this one was given the shaft too often, so I'm putting it up again.

Also, I'm gonna be leaving submissions and votes open for a couple more hours since I don't feel like a lot of people have gotten the chance to quite yet. If you haven't done si and are reading this, now's your chance before the new Day starts

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 65
The votes have officially wrapped up for the first DLC character joining Hasbro Game Night Fight! And, I don't think these results surprised anyone, because this wasn't a close fight!

And before I move to the results... yeah, f*ck it, I do apologize for my Valentine's Day comment, and if it struck a chord with anyone who read it.

The winner, at 15 points total, is:
5179.png
M121 Mason, representing the Microman series, as nominated by KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 ! Congratulations on the inclusion, and being our first DLC winner!

The Microman series is huge for the origins of action figures as a whole, with a large history and various connections to some of Hasbro's biggest IPs, including Transformers and G.I. Joe... and of course, when the series was ported to the U.S. (similar to Diaclone), it lead to the creation of Micronauts as well, another Hasbro IP!
It's almost a 4-in-1 inclusion here! With that said, the potential for this character is plentiful, so this is a very fulfilling win.
M121 Mason: 15
Shobu Kirifuda: 10
Rizumu: 5
Yamato Delgado: 2
Liogre: 2
Wanda: 1
Not a lot of votes this time around, but those who did vote mainly went for the top 2 here. Interesting results all around, I'd say!

Regardless, let us move on to our stage vote for today!
NEW VOTE
5 Stages were submitted this time around, all based on board games, or tabletop games at the very least! A bit of a surprising coincidence, I must say.
I will be adding links later, but given all of these are, again, based on hugely iconic board games, imagery isn't that necessary.
Go ahead and rank your Top 3, and your own pick cannot be in 1st place!

I have thought about it, and only 1 of these stages will be added; I do want to wait for the dust to settle between what characters get included in the DLC.
NEW JOBS
Given that we started a bit late, I will be focusing on some more low calibre jobs today.

Job: Submit an alternate Costume for any character!
Self-explanatory, as this is not new.

Job: Submit a Themed DLC Costume Pack
Additionally, I did say before that Costume Packs for DLC were in the cards, and now that moment is here!
So, how does this work?
Submit a set of up to 4 to 6 costumes that all share a similar theme! For those who have taken a look at Megadoomer Megadoomer 's DC vs. Marvel thread, DLC Costumes were applied similarly over there!
Additionally, these will be done by ranked vote, so when you submit a costume pack, keep in mind you're submitting to compete!

Just to reduce page lagging (due to excessive images), I would recommend spoiler tagging the Costume Pack submissions, but it is not required.

That is all for today! Short day, I know, but DLC just started so things haven't picked up steam quite yet. Tomorrow, though, will be our second DLC Character round, revolving around double dipping on series already on the roster. Get pumped, lads!

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. Scrabble. RANDOMLY GENERATED WORDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
2. Connect 4. It's clearly very iconic, and I think there's plenty of potential for uniqueness here. Nice call!
3. LIFE Story. There's a lot of potential here for some interesting mechanics, or even just a cool look overall.

As for the jobs, well:

I've got one for Mason! This alt would have Mason's red replaced with a slightly translucient green, which would also replace components such as his wings. This is in reference to the first character in the New Microman series introduced in 1981 (which Mason was a part of!), being M001 - Arom.

Second up: I've got a pack in mind named Old School, with the central theme being that characters' models and appearances are changed to better mirror one of their earliest appearances.

Costume NameImageIntended Character
"Monopoly Man"​
Rich Uncle Pennybags​
"R.A.H."​
Snake Eyes​
"Kimberly Hart"​
Jennifer Scotts​
"Action Soldier"​
Action Man​

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Costume Submission: Acroyear (Microman)
il_570xN.1593498571_hw8q.jpg
Not entirely sure if Mason will be using a sword in his moveset, but in the case he doesn't, Acroyear will simply have his sword sheathed at his hip as part of the costume

Hailing from an alternate universe where the Autobots are evil warmongers, and the Decepticons are heroic freedom fighters, these bots are bringing it their all to HGNF!
The concept of Shattered Glass revolves around the personalities of these characters being inverted, and as such these require new voicelines. I wanted to do all of these at once, so I felt like a Costume Pack was the best way to do it.

SG Optimus Prime
SG Megatron
SG Goldbug (Bumblebee)
SG Starscream
SG Grimlock
SG Soundwave

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I also have a DLC Costume Pack suggestion: Friendship Is Magic

This pack gives MLP fans, including the Brony fanbase, some model swaps that make it look like you can play as more than just Twilight, Pinkie, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash.
The Costumes need to be a bit more specific to be viable

The Costumes need to be a bit more specific to be viable
Sorry about that. Let me make some comparisons...

Twilight Sparkle: Shining Armor
Pinkie Pie: Muffins
Applejack: Sunset Shimmer
Rainbow Dash: Trixie Lulamoon

Granted, I am not a Brony, so I know nothing about these characters except their names.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Hmmm. Well, I am a brony. I'm not entirely sure these could work, though; All of them have different powers from the original, and in some cases they're different species (RD being a Pegasus, and Trixie being a Unicorn).

That does remind me, I feel like some MLP movesets should have been made this late into the thread; It's somewhat unfortunate nobody got around to it

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
  1. Connect 4
  2. Menzoberranzan
  3. Scrabble

The Costume Archive is now up to date, with the exception of missing images that I will have to put in. With that said, I did look through it.

KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 , Hooded CC and G1 Twilight are already costumes, so you'll likely have to change them out for your costume pack. We don't have any RAH GI Joe Skins if you would like to go that route.

M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye Is the MLP Costume Pack still something you want to go through with? I can put it up for vote, though I'm still not sure the costumes fit

Last edited:
The Costume Archive is now up to date, with the exception of missing images that I will have to put in. With that said, I did look through it.

KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 , Hooded CC and G1 Twilight are already costumes, so you'll likely have to change them out for your costume pack. We don't have any RAH GI Joe Skins if you would like to go that route.

M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye Is the MLP Costume Pack still something you want to go through with? I can put it up for vote, though I'm still not sure the costumes fit
Admittedly, I do not want to go through with it. I just put it up there because it sounded nice.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 66
Apologies for the lateness, but Day 66 is now officially starting!

First up is the new stage that will be added as one of 8 stages for this DLC! You all voted, and the winner, at 13 points, is...
0195166164878_0_A1C1_0600.png
Congratulations Northsouthmap Northsouthmap !
Scrabble: 13
Connect 4: 12
Operation: 6
LIFE Story: 6
Menzoberranzan: 5
Connect 4 came close but ultimately Scrabble beat it out by a single point! Perhaps if we have more room this season, a Connect 4 stage will join the lineup!

I know you're all eager to get to the character nominations, so I'll make this quick.
NEW VOTES
Since we had two types of costume jobs, I did plan on splitting up the vote, although as of now there were only 2 submissions, and given that some costumes still need to be changed out, I will be keeping the Costume Pack submissions open until tomorrow!
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 , remember to change the costumes for Cobra Commander and Twilight, since they're already in use!

Otherwise, for our normal costume submissions, we have:
  • Lady Commander [M121 Mason]
  • M001 Arom [M121 Mason]
  • Acroyear [M121 Mason]
In celebration of the Microman inclusion, it seems everyone went for Mason costumes! Can't complain, really, especially given these are all warranted costumes.
Go ahead and list each one out, followed by a Y/N, for yes or no respectively. Though, for me, all 3 of these are a resounding "yes".
NEW JOBS
When it comes to fighting game crossovers, it's always about the new series joining the fight, and for good reason of course. It expands the crossover, brings in new fans, et certera, et cetera. But, sometimes the best characters come from a series already on the roster; Take, for instance, Sephiroth's inclusion in Smash Ultimate. For every series that already exists is a slew of exciting, beloved characters waiting to get the limelight alongside their already playable costars, and hell, in most cases, these characters are more popular than the new ones themselves!

So, what am I saying? Well, today, we are dedicating the next character to the runner-ups of the series already playable! Because, let's face it, there's no shortage of great characters from what we already have!
1280px-Revolution_promo_image.jpg
Job: Nominate a Character from a series on the roster!
I think we all have the gist of this down pretty well. Obviously, the character cannot be from a new series, so keep that in mind. And, just a quick referesher for the series that are on the roster:
  • Transformers​
  • My Little Pony​
  • Power Rangers​
  • Hasbro Gaming​
  • G.I. Joe​
  • Potato Head​
  • Dungeons & Dragons​
  • Magic: The Gathering​
  • Beyblade​
  • Play-Doh​
  • Rom: Space Knight​
  • Jem & The Holograms​
  • Stretch Armstrong​
  • Action Man​
  • Peppa Pig​
  • Microman​
I went ahead and lumped up all of the Board Game characters under "Hasbro Gaming", just to shorten the list; Also, no Masters of the Universe characters, as those will be saved for the dedicated Guest rounds.
And with that, go ahead and get submitting!

Since this started a bit late, I won't close submissions until 1 PM CST tomorrow, give or a take half an hour. You have until then.

Last edited:
Lady Commander: N
M001 Arom: Y
Acroyear: Y

Job: Double Dipped Characters

Does Go-Bots count as a franchise with existing representation, with Cy-Kill as an Assist? If so, I choose Leader-1 as a fighter.

If it doesn't count, I choose Mr. Mint from Candy Land, under the Hasbro Gaming umbrella.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Yes to all costumes.

Double Dipping DLC:

I was considering resubmiting Arcee but I thought of another overlooked Hasbro character who could work as a secondary rep for a famous board game franchise represented already in Hasbro Game Night Fight!

King Kandy (Candy Land)

ezgif-2-a8f26cb8b1.jpg

We have the Candy Land villain and a Candy Land assist so I felt we need a more "out-there" choice in the DLC. Therefore, I introduce the king of Candy Land himself, King Kandy! He would be a heavyweight with a moveset based around the more board game-ish aspects of Candy Land and such with the gingerbread board game pieces, cards, etc. He can use candy as projectiles as well. A heavyweight zoner with tons of candy moves. An overall out-there pick for sure.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
DAY 66
Apologies for the lateness, but Day 66 is now officially starting!

First up is the new stage that will be added as one of 8 stages for this DLC! You all voted, and the winner, at 13 points, is...
Congratulations Northsouthmap Northsouthmap !
Scrabble: 13
Connect 4: 12
Operation: 6
LIFE Story: 6
Menzoberranzan: 5
Connect 4 came close but ultimately Scrabble beat it out by a single point! Perhaps if we have more room this season, a Connect 4 stage will join the lineup!

I know you're all eager to get to the character nominations, so I'll make this quick.
NEW VOTES
Since we had two types of costume jobs, I did plan on splitting up the vote, although as of now there were only 2 submissions, and given that some costumes still need to be changed out, I will be keeping the Costume Pack submissions open until tomorrow!
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 , remember to change the costumes for Cobra Commander and Twilight, since they're already in use!

Otherwise, for our normal costume submissions, we have:
  • Lady Commander [M121 Mason]
  • M001 Arom [M121 Mason]
  • Acroyear [M121 Mason]
In celebration of the Microman inclusion, it seems everyone went for Mason costumes! Can't complain, really, especially given these are all warranted costumes.
Go ahead and list each one out, followed by a Y/N, for yes or no respectively. Though, for me, all 3 of these are a resounding "yes".
NEW JOBS
When it comes to fighting game crossovers, it's always about the new series joining the fight, and for good reason of course. It expands the crossover, brings in new fans, et certera, et cetera. But, sometimes the best characters come from a series already on the roster; Take, for instance, Sephiroth's inclusion in Smash Ultimate. For every series that already exists is a slew of exciting, beloved characters waiting to get the limelight alongside their already playable costars, and hell, in most cases, these characters are more popular than the new ones themselves!

So, what am I saying? Well, today, we are dedicating the next character to the runner-ups of the series already playable! Because, let's face it, there's no shortage of great characters from what we already have!
Job: Nominate a Character from a series on the roster!
I think we all have the gist of this down pretty well. Obviously, the character cannot be from a new series, so keep that in mind. And, just a quick referesher for the series that are on the roster:
  • Transformers​
  • My Little Pony​
  • Power Rangers​
  • Hasbro Gaming​
  • G.I. Joe​
  • Potato Head​
  • Dungeons & Dragons​
  • Beyblade​
  • Play-Doh​
  • Jem & The Holograms​
  • Stretch Armstrong​
  • Action Man​
  • Peppa Pig​
  • Microman​
I went ahead and lumped up all of the Board Game characters under "Hasbro Gaming", just to shorten the list; Also, no Masters of the Universe characters, as those will be saved for the dedicated Guest rounds.
And with that, go ahead and get submitting!

Since this started a bit late, I won't close submissions until 1 PM CST tomorrow, give or a take half an hour. You have until then.
Sorted the submission for you. Sorry about the delay and the confusion: I honestly didn't know if we had a specific list resource anywhere for costumes.

As for costumes, I'd say yes to all three, personally. They seem good to me at least! (Unless I'm not allowed to say yes to my own.)

And now, characters... surely it doesn't count if you're plagarising yourself, right?

Character Name: Gelatinous Cube
Character Origin: Dungeons & Dragons

Considering how sprawling and vast the worlds of Dungeons & Dragons can be with time and imagination, there's not all that much particularly prominent original content from the series that's notable purely for being created to fit in the framework of the game itself. That, however, is where the Gelatinous Cube differs. Introduced right back during the first "white box" set in 1974 (and in the Greyhawk expansion in 1975) as a means of filling the 10 foot wide corridors of the titular Dungeons, the Gelatinous Cube has become an iconic piece of Dungeons & Dragons culture due to its lasting legacy. Aside from the obvious references and the like (such as in Onward, Adventure Time and NetHack), the Cube has also acted as the basis for a lot of RPG tropes across the board - even being one of the potential inspirations behind the Slimes of Dragon Quest fame and the like.

Whilst this iconic beast of acidic death has become a bit of a joke in recent years, given Dungeons & Dragons has moved away somewhat from the traditional standardisation of old-school games, it's still a hugely iconic monster from the series - and one of the surprisingly few that the series can actually completely call its own. Being a particularly monsterous character, you'd play it like one - with attacks and moves inspired by horror movies like The Blob as well as possessing plenty of fantastical elements, all wrapped up in a liquidy hellscape of digestion perfectly suited to an oppressive and controlling playstyle dominating your opponents, whilst moulding and changing to fit into different scenarios or attacks. Think a little like BlazBlue's Arakune, or Marvel vs. Capcom's Shuma-Gorath.

I think there's good space for a bizarre but iconic character like this in this game's roster. I suppose you'd best be prepared to compare it to Pirahna Plant - but I think there's even more of an argument for including the Gelatinous Cube, as it allows us to perfectly represent old-school D&D with an old-school dungeon layout of some kind. Also, it's nice to be able to include an original creation by Gygax himself. Really ties a bow on things, y'know?

and it would be really ****ing funny to just have "a cube" as the second dlc character, not gonna lie

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Does Go-Bots count as a franchise with existing representation, with Cy-Kill as an Assist? If so, I choose Leader-1 as a fighter.
Had to think about this, but ultimately no.

To clarify, existing series is only applying to those on the playable roster; The technicality here is that GoBots is somewhat a subfranchise for Transformers now.

But, we've treated separately from TF for past jobs so that consistency will apply. Mr. Mint qualifies though
Sorted the submission for you. Sorry about the delay and the confusion: I honestly didn't know if we had a specific list resource anywhere for costumes.

As for costumes, I'd say yes to all three, personally. They seem good to me at least! (Unless I'm not allowed to say yes to my own.)
Honestly I should be doing a better job of keeping the Costume Archive up to date and linking it with future Costume jobs, which I will do in the future, so sorry about that. Thanks for the changes, though.

Also, you are allowed to say yes to your own! This isn't a ranked vote after all.
---
On another note, I might extent the job to tomorrow as well, just to squeeze out a few more submissions. I have some ideas for a handul of characters and I can't quite decide yet haha

D

Deleted member

Miss Scarlett
Giving Clue another character might seem like a strange move. But its a game built on its characters. I also think having a female character in the pass would be a smart move. Miss Scarlett is the classic fem fetale. She'd be a vicious and cunning fighter.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Double Dip Character
NINJOR
Mmpr-ninjor.png
Power Rangers

I thought about this for a while; Bounced around between different characters that I may submit later, but I know for sure I wanted Ninjor at some point, and what better point than right now?

And, yeah, let's clear the smoke out the room first; Why Ninjor out of all the possible Power Rangers characters? I did think about a few others; Adam Park, one of the Gold Zeo Rangers, and any Blue Ranger. But, but but but, Ninjor's better.
For starters, when it comes to getting another PR character, another Ranger is a bit predictable. Of course they make up 90% of the franchise's characters, but I wanted to highlight an ally character that wasn't a Ranger, because very rarely does this ever happen. And, all things considered, Ninjor is fairly important to the lore, given his connection to the Power Coins, and the overall representation of the Ninja Rangers, which was one of the biggest arcs in MM Season 3. Also, he wasn't in Battle for the Grid, so he has that going for him as a fully new character.

Speaking of the storyline, yeah, Ninjor is very important all things considered and is a recurring ally for the Mighty Morphin Rangers between their various incarnations, including several crossovers such as the Street Fighter one where M. Bison kicks his ass, and recieving a specialized team-up arc in the Boom! Comics.
Of course it all means sh*t if Ninjor doesn't have moveset potential... but, c'mon, it's Power Rangers, of course he has a whole heaping ton of abilities!
  • Size Shifting​
  • Battle-Mode Transformations​
  • Self-Buff​
  • Lightning Bolts​
  • Fireballs​
  • Full Control over the Ninjazords​
  • Teleportation​
  • Swordsmanship​
  • Smoke Bombs​
  • Aura Sense​
  • Cloud-Riding​
  • Full Control over The Power Coins​
TL;DR Ninjor is stacked.
Definitely think a Power Rangers character should happen and this is the one I'm putting my money into.
---​
On a side note, I have decided to extend the Double Dip job for another few hours! Those who haven't made a proper submission can make one now!
Just to refresh on the series eligible for nomination:
  • Transformers​
  • My Little Pony​
  • Power Rangers​
  • Hasbro Gaming​
  • G.I. Joe​
  • Potato Head​
  • Dungeons & Dragons​
  • Beyblade​
  • Play-Doh​
  • Jem & The Holograms​
  • Stretch Armstrong​
  • Action Man​
  • Peppa Pig​
  • Microman​
Granted, not all of these have a lot of viable options, but feel free to dig as deep as you can!
The votes will start later today around 4 PM CST, and since not a lot else will happen today, I'll say that tomorrow will be our first dedicated DLC Boss Round!

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 67
Closing off today's submissions, our second DLC round is nearly over!
This will be a short day focused primarily on votes, so no new jobs. With that said, we've got a couple things to go over!

First off, all of the Microman costumes have passed the vote and will be included! This also makes M121 Mason the first character to have 4 total costumes!
Additionally, for our 2 Costume Packs...
A simple strawpoll will suffice, given we only have two options! Either vote for just one, both of them, or neither!
NEW VOTES
For our eligible nominees, we ended up with a total of 7! Perhaps a few more could've been snuck in, but 7 will certainly do!
Between these characters, rank your Top 3, and your own can't be in first! Only one will be moving on into the DLC, so vote wisely!

Last edited:
Top Bottom