• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone seen...

Throwback

Smash Lord
...an extremely high bomb jump, probably 3x the height of samus' 2nd jump? I saw it last night, from a samus off the stage. We weren't able to replicate it, and no I don't have a video. That's why I'm asking if anyone else has seen something similar.

Hive

Smash Lord
that would be a very kwl if this turned out to be a real replicable at!

but it could be a few things I should ask first... was it on a moving level? were you playing against gw? any mods or was it on wifi?

this could be related actually to the thing xyro was talking about, maybe it has to do with some sort of movement out of the morph ball whether on land or in the air?

edit: I actually thought I found something like this when the game first came out, but I'm not sure what it was....

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
if there is no video people are going to be pretty skeptical.
hope this works out though, it sounds cool.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Describe the EXACT situation you were in with GREAT detail and maybe one of us can replicate it.

Throwback

Smash Lord
2 samuses, 1 marth (might have been 3 samuses, no marth....), on FD. The samus in question was off the ledge on the left-hand side, throwing a lot of bombs around, then suddenly bomb jumped from roughly a tether's length below stage height, to about the height of a full-hop above stage.

That's all I've got, I can't even remember if the other 2 players were near the samus that bomb-jumped or not.

I was hoping that someone else had seen something similar, so I would know that it wasn't something random due to the mix of characters.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I want to believe that there was another character near the samus and it did one of those weird Brawl physics "super jumps" where if you're anywhere near an opponent and hit jump in some way you will do a footstool without the actual animation or sound.

It's a really annoying trait of Brawl because it allows the opponent to get away really high when trying to spike or gimp them. If you're anywhere in the vicinity they get the super jump height.

So yea thats what I think happened and they just did a morphball afterwards. Too bad you have no video

Hive

Smash Lord
hmmm.. not sure how much luck I'll have with that, the situation is a bit vague... but I'll try to test it some later on to see if there is anything to it.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Not to say that this doesn't sound interesting. I've found my share of hard to believe techs, so I know what it's like. If anything, I'll try helping out to see it can be done again before I shoot it down alltogether.

Throwback

Smash Lord
If no-one else has seen it, it was probably just an artifact produced by the combination of characters or some other factor.

Unfortunately.

Top Bottom