• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harry Potter

D

Deleted member

I liked it, but I was disappointed at all the very important details that were left out, and all the dumb stuff that was added in.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I liked it but...

First off, I wish they had the battle at the end. As it was, it felt rather anticlimactic. The bit with Aragog was rather abrupt, but not too bad.

However, I did enjoy
Lav-Lav and Won-Won. Cormac was such a jerk, but awesomely so. I had to laugh at how obvious they were making Ginny as Harry's new thing from the first time we saw her. When Dumbledore and Harry were in the cave, and Dumbledore was enchanted, I thought it was handled well, since I always thought it was awkward in the book for some reason.

So yeah, there's plenty more I could go on about, but I don't feel like it.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
THE END BLEW! WTF they left out what couldve been one of the more epic battle scenes of the series! ****

Scott!

Smash Lord
They never explained how Snape would know that Harry knew of his old nickname for himself as the HBP, unless I'm forgetting some scene where Slughorn and Snape discussed Harry's brilliance and intuition rivaling his own, or Harry having the book while Snape sees him. Well, possibly the bathroom scene could clue Snape in that something's up, since he obviously recognized his own spell's work. And speaking of which, why was Harry not punished, or a reason provided to explain otherwise? I haven't read the book since before 7 dropped, so it might be explained there, but it shouldn't require that much thought.

D

Deleted member

Even though it wasn't shown in the movie, he was actually punished for that in the book, but it was cut from the movie for some reason.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I liked the movie. I kinda keep the books and the movies separate in my mind, because the books will always be 1000000x better than the movies.... so things being left out and such doesn't bother me unless it makes the movie completely not make sense.

At any rate, it was a lot better than Order of the Phoenix was. The last movie bored me.

My faaaaavorite scene in HBP was in the cave when Dumbledore was spinning fire around and made that sweet-*** flaming pathway. I dunno, it just looked really awesome to me.

Amide

Smash Lord
I thought it was pretty funny, and I'm especially glad they didn't overdo the dark theme of it. The ending wasn't too bad really, a little anti climatic, but they did it just to make it seem different than the ends of all the other HP movies.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I'm pretty pissed at the ending.
It sucked, they could've put WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY more action in it but they didn't. The only cool magic part in the whole thing was when Dumbledore did that fire stuff in the cave. They didn't show Apparation lessons, or Dumbledore's funeral.

I think they made the previews make the movie look better than it really was.

It was good, but it just lacked the action ending that all the previous movies had, pisses me off :ohwell:

Albert.

Smash Master
OMG yayy I'm so happy I found this topic :)

I just read every post in the first 4 pages LOL

just some things.... Apart from parts of Book 7 dragging slightly (forest ****, anyone?)... Book 7 was amazing.

alright let me do "my favorite moments"

Book 1: I really liked like "harrys first day in wizarding world" where he and Hagrid buy all the stuff he needs lol"

Book 2: Dueling club I guess, and I liked where They read the note in Hermione's hand and figure out about the Basilisk and stuff. BTW perfect like, planning on JKR's part, what seems like a somewhat temporary plot device in The Diary actually turns into a pivotal Horcrux in Book 6

Book 3: The scene at the end where The Trio hears out Sirius and Lupin about the real story.

Book 4: I liked the Yule Ball and random things LOL

Book 5: I really enjoyed the "Dumbledore's Army" stuff and different rebelions against Umbridge.

Book 6: all the romantic stuff

Book 7: The whole finale is amazing But I reallly loved the Snape's Memories chapter. thats my favorite character.

OK soo Movie 6... I really liked it except for the stupid changes they made like The Weasley house attack and then leaving out the scary *** battle at hogwarts when the Death eaters break in.

sorry for the wall of txt :)

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
I just got back from seeing the movie about a hour ago. Pretty good if you hadn't read the book, but they did miss alot.

I liked

Drunk Hermione, that really didn't happen in the book but oh well. I loved Jim Broadbent as an Slughorn. Though the movie really missed alot of his potions classes. I really liked Ron's intrusion when Ginny is giving Harry a pastry. Again didn't happen in the book. Rupert also was hilarious when he was love drunk with Romilda Vane.

I did not like

They missed sooo much. Like so much stuff it hurts just to think of all the scenes they could and should of had. I am not going to list them all here but I do have a link to most if not all of the differences here.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So, I've always had the inklings of it since past movies, but Movie 6 really proved it for me: Movie Dumbeldore sucks ***.

You know the warm, brilliant, eccentric character in the books? The Dumbledore we got teary eyed over in The White Tomb? Yea, then WHY THE **** IS SQUIDWARD IN THESE MOVIES.

Mono-tone, empty, kinda hollow. Where's my Dumbeldore dammit.

UberMario

Smash Master
For the seventh book, did anyone think that the
"17 years later"
part left too much hanging? *Continues below, highlight if you dare*

I wanted to find out what happens to George, the rest of the Weasleys, and Luna
Also, who thinks Victorie is Fleur's daughter?

Scott!

Smash Lord
So, I've always had the inklings of it since past movies, but Movie 6 really proved it for me: Movie Dumbeldore sucks ***.

You know the warm, brilliant, eccentric character in the books? The Dumbledore we got teary eyed over in The White Tomb? Yea, then WHY THE **** IS SQUIDWARD IN THESE MOVIES.

He's not that bad. He's far from perfect, but I don't think anyone could live up to the unrealistically high expectations we have for Dumbledore. I like the current one more than the one for the first two movies though.

For the seventh book, did anyone think that the
"17 years later"
part left too much hanging? *Continues below, highlight if you dare*

I wanted to find out what happens to George, the rest of the Weasleys, and Luna
Also, who thinks Victorie is Fleur's daughter?
Yes, it completely did. It was kind of useless, really.
All we found out was that everyone except Bill and Fleur suck at naming. Victoire >>> Albus Severus. I mean really, Harry, that's just mean. Of course, the last part was pretty much JK's final (for now) gift to the fan fic writers who supported her work so rabidly.

UberMario

Smash Master
Yes, it completely did. It was kind of useless, really.
All we found out was that everyone except Bill and Fleur suck at naming. Victoire >>> Albus Severus. I mean really, Harry, that's just mean. Of course, the last part was pretty much JK's final (for now) gift to the fan fic writers who supported her work so rabidly.

I agree with your last statement.

But vvvvv
The book would have felt even more hanging without it AND

What's wrong with naminig his kid Albus Severus? He was paying a tribute to the headmasters that made Voldemort's defeat possible. He named his daughter and elder son Lilly and James because his parents had those names. Rose was named such because she had red hair. Scorpius is a reference to Draco, as they are both constellations.

The only one that really doesn't have a basis was Hugo, for all we know it could be a reference to Hugo Chavez. LOL

G U R U

Smash Lord
Personally I liked the 5th movie better. Idk this one didn't feel right to me. I can't really put my finger on it, but yah. Maybe it was the ending I'm not sure. I think it's probably because this one is mainly just to setup the last one.

Albert.

Smash Master

The michael Gambon Dumbledore is ****ign terrible. He admits he's never read the books and is trying to make his own version of dumbledore ----WTF? His dumbledore is way too harsh, sometimes.

he needs to be warmer, more inviting!

G U R U

Smash Lord
Wow he hasn't read the books?! That's just ignorant imo. It's like if he didn't read the script and just tried to make up lines on the fly.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say a lot. Probably all the main student actors have, the extras probably have, cause that's why they'd go be there. It's the adults who are more iffy, but I bet a good number at least have. But Gambon really should read them. His character's probably the hardest to get right from the books, due to his depth, history, and the fans' love for him.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
Im proud to say that i have never read any of the books or seen any of the movies yay!!! Actually i saw the one that recently came out. Gandalf was all like "u shall not pass!!!!" he went all inferno like when all the golums began rising from the lake and wtf were they drinking frome a clam shell?

UberMario

Smash Master
Im proud to say that i have never read any of the books or seen any of the movies yay!!! Actually i saw the one that recently came out. Gandalf was all like "u shall not pass!!!!" he went all inferno like when all the golums began rising from the lake and wtf were they drinking frome a clam shell?
Can anyone decipher this?

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
I have a lot to thank the Harry Potter series for. To over-simplify it, I don't think my life would've been nearly as interesting without the books. The Sorcerer's Stone film was the first film I genuinely fell in love with; it's one of the major reasons I love cinema to this day. For every year since 2000 [SIZE="-9"]"Two Triple-O"[/SIZE], I have lists of the best and worst movies, 25-40 good and bad films a year! ...and all of the Harry Potter films have shown up on the "Best of" lists for their respective years. The Half-Blood Prince seems like the best one yet, and may make the Top 10 for 2009. So far the best one was The Prisoner of Azkaban, as the #14 Best of 2004. The computer-graphic images of the spells in action suits them very well. Radcliffe, Grint, and Watson play their roles with a stylish flair, and I couldn't have chosen better actors to fill those roles myself. I hope that when The Deathly Hallows II gets released in 2011, there's a similarly good series of films to serve as the "successor" to the Harry Potter series.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
The movies and games su*k! Books into movies and movies into games are just plain horrible. Only possible exception is Lord of the Rings.

The Harry Potter books are amazing reads, loved the ending even though many didn't.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
How did I ever miss this thread..........

<3 Harry Potter

Anyway, I thought the 6th movie was a disapointment =(

GENRL MILLS

Smash Rookie
Before reading the 7th book I was really looking forward to the 6 th movie just to see the "movie Dumbledore" die... Sadly he has to be in the 7 th book movies... Maybe they will skip them like they have skipped other important parts in the past lol

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Cool, no flame wars over shipping debates yet.

Anyway, I actually plan on watching the sixth movie today.

UberMario

Smash Master
Cool, no flame wars over shipping debates yet.

Anyway, I actually plan on watching the sixth movie today.
*Spoilers below*

The 7th book confirms that Ron and Hermione get together, as do Harry and Ginny. Also it vaguely hints that Neville and Luna end up married aswell.

day-day

Smash Ace
If I had to rank the movies it would be 1,5,2,3,4. I absolutely hated the 4th cause they left out so much and the challenges felt like 30 second spots, then the movie as a whole just stopped and ended. The third is closer to being the worst cause of the werewolf..it looked like a skinny 6 ft. guy covered in hair but lost most of it due to shedding. Haven't seen the 6th movie yet but hopefully it's good. Hopefully the 7th is closer to the book then any other movie. Oh, best scene in all of the books is when voldemort pretty much jumps harry and hagrid. Idk why but i found that scene funny.

mzink*

Smash Ace
The books were the best I've ever read. The movies were alright, they are fun to watch but I'm not crazy bout em. I haven't seen the most recent movie yet, I should probably get on that. The movie Dumbledor ticks me off cuz he's not at all like the book Dumbledor and for me that has a big impact on the story. Kind of ruins it.

I heard the 7th book will be split into two movies.

The third book is definitely my favorite. Not sure which is my favorite of the movies.

Top Bottom