• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardest Game You've Ever Played

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Which game stands out among the rest as the one that took the most out of you to beat?

It's many titles for me, but for now I'm going to say Ikaruga becuase I just recently bought a used copy and still cannot beat the game....even on normal difficulty. It is certainly one of the most challenging games ever made, and it's polarity system and innovative bosses make it one of the most difficult. For anyone who has played this game, you know what I'm talking about. Hopefully, I'll actually be able to beat stage three soon. Yeah, that's right, I can't even get past stage three. There are five overall, I cannot even imagine how much harder it's going to get.

So, name the hardest game you've ever played and why. Anyone who has actually beaten Ikaruga, I'd like to hear how long it took you and if any other game caused you so much frustration.

G-X

Smash Apprentice
Contra 4 (DS download station demo). The other day, I finally beat the first level (the only level of the demo, BTW), and now I have a reason to buy Contra 4.

But, I have Brawl now, so I have no reason at all to PLAY it. Hrm.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I'm playing Contra 4 right now. I've been trying on easy, and decided to check out normal for funsies. I got my *** kicked. I haven't gotten past level 3 on easy yet, but I haven't been playing a lot.

My boyfriend's beaten Ikaruga and actually was one of the best players in the nation. I don't know how long it took him to beat it, though. This was all before we were dating.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
contra 4 was a ***** to beat! It took me a while to get passed the first level on normal but after playing it 24/7 i can get through the game on hard....SOMETIMES...
second hardest game would have to be RType 3... the screen moves soooooooo **** slow but there's so much **** going on its ridiculous!

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
you mean the boos at the start??

you go under his legs.

umm.... i don't know what the hardest game is...... a game i had trouble with was mega man 1, i just don't know any games that sick out

miller483

Smash Ace
This game is so vicious I dare not speak it's name... So I'll show you a picture:

I managed to beat it though, but boy it was a doozy...

Also, Kid Icarus was pretty hard at first.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon RubyContra III, Kid Icarus, FINAL FANTASY IV Advance

Evee

Smash Rookie
To go in the same vein as the topic creator, I'm going to have to say Ikaruga is one of the hardest I've played. However also on par with it are a lot of the Touhou project SHMUPS (Perfect Cherry Blossom, Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, Shoot the Bullet, etc.).

Also Contra 4 on Hard ranks up there pretty well. About time Konami got rid of the classic code on Contra to give people a good challenge.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Most defiantly the last level of Goof Troop. I literally spent 6 days of summer, perplexed by that last puzzle. You do NOT know how I felt when I finally beat it.

Evee

Smash Rookie
I cuss at them a lot on my MAME emu. Why would anyone ever make such cruel A.I. in a quarter machine?
Because Capcom is bloody BRILLIANT, that's why. Think of all the arcades that snatched up a cabinet from Capcom, wanting the opprotunity to pry quarter after quarter away from people like you and me with the amazing game that was SFII, all because we're too stubborn to give up after we get our arses handed to us for the 14th time by a CPU Ken.

Froth

Smash Journeyman
Super Mario Bros. 2 Lost Levels is insanely hard, not the one that came with all-stars.

JawaJedi

Smash Journeyman
Mario Party

No, I'm kidding. I don't really have any 'hard games'. But I had to choose one... Ocarina of Time. The Shadow and Water temple were very annoying, but everything else was great.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I just thought of a new one: Sonic Spinball. Game was ridiculous. Only time I ever beat it was on the Sonic Collection for xbox, and ONLY because you could save anytime.

Top Bottom