• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardest Game You've Ever Played

Sam Gwosdz

Smash Rookie
After playing it non-stop for a week, I finally beat Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts all the way through. That was the most difficult video game challenge that I've ever accomplished (at least on a beatable game).

karterfreak

Smash Cadet
Ghosts n Ghouls was hard, yeah. I seriously dont think it compares to Gradius 3 though, Gradius 3 was probably the most evil sidescrolling space shooter I've ever played. It's incredibly fun to try and get as far as possible into it though.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I just played Megaman ZX on hard mode and wow its alot harder than I expected. No health upgrades, newer, harder boss battles, more damage taken from enemies. This ranks up there with playing Ikaruga on hard mode as most frustrating thing EVER.

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
Most infuriating challenge I've ever gone through is getting a platinum medal in Laser Pong in Wii Play.. maybe its not that hard in comparison to some of the other games mentioned here but man, getting those points drove me mental.:laugh:

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Uh, hello? What about Ninja Gaiden's Alma on Master Ninja? And that puzzle after you beat Doku for the first time, if you don't have a strategy guide, you can FORGET about ever getting through it.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I'm playing OoT Masterquest right now, with no guide. The temples are mind-meltingly tricky. Example: in the Shadow Temple, there are dozens of small chests, none (or almost none) of them hold keys that you need. Its got to be one of the more difficult games I've ever played.

Playing Halo for PC on Legendary mode consisted of me dying for hours with lucky breaks between dying, but I did beat it.

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
Life Force-NES
A space shooter that is impossible to beat this game without Konami's 30 lives code (Up, up, down, down...). There are many obstacles that can only be passed through trial-and-error.

The Legend of Zelda-NES
The game is easy until Wizzrobes and Darknuts become a common nuisance. (**** enemies taking three hearts away from you every hit)

Solomon's Key-NES
The puzzles in this game are unbelievable. Creating blocks, trapping enemies, and finding the end of the levels are what make this game challenging. I think there are 50 levels. I couldn't get past level 11.

I realize these are all NES games, but this was gaming at its best people.

Note: I also second OoT-Master Quest

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
Super mario bros. 2 Japanese version.

I remember easily beating the whole game a number of years ago.

But I tried the game again recently , and wondered "How the **** did I do that?"
90% of the time.

I miss the old days....games were so much more challenging!

Mackaveli

Smash Rookie
ninja. f**kin. gaiden.

i thought i was good at video games; only to have my a$$ kicked 3 times str8 on same lvl, then to have ayame come up on screen and diss me about how i sucked at life and how she was witching me to beginner made me go douse myself in ice cream.

Devil may cry 4 on dante/nero muct die mode is also getting pretty annoying.

Sf3 3rd strike cpus i think are harder than human players at some points cuz they like frickin learn ur playing style and counter u all the time (even daigo shook his head at the cpu at one point :'( )

and most of the older arcade games were hard like paperboy and donkey kong (GOT D**N BARRELS!!)

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I Wanna Be The Guy

Next in line I'd have to say Kaizo Mario, followed by Cat Mario. :/

I still have not completed IWBTG, I'm at Boss #3.

studly

Smash Ace
probably
Shadow of the colosus on the hardest difficulty

and playing alot of my older gammes that i havent played in a long time

Top Bottom