• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardest CPU?

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
Who would you say is the hardest CPU in SSBB? I would not agree with the "Human standards" and say that it is Meta Knight.

Instead, I think Zelda/Shiek's pretty good for a CPU. I am not saying that I lose to her or that CPU's are good, but some are better than others, and when living in a new area, with internet that won't connect to Wi-Fi, that is all you have to fight.

I also thought that Wario was surprisingly good.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Yeah, Zelda/Sheik give a good fight for CPU's. G&W, too. Then again I have a hard time against G&W anyway.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Hardest CPU...

I'd have to say Game and Watch. He's the only character that can send me to my last stock.

PrinceMarthX

Smash Journeyman
Computer does well with any character with a lot of priority. The computer's greatness strength is inhuman reflexes in attacking and shielding.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
even if you dont do anything, they'll still try to shield and roll and air dodge

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
Ness always seems to give me a hard time in Level 9s.
Kirby's Level 9 has been greatly improved, but I wouldn't say he's the hardest.

Serious AI

Smash Rookie
Lucas and Game & Watch seem to be the harder to me, and seem to act quite smarter than the rest of the cast.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
I second Pit.

Yall probably already knew this, but even on free for all computer players try to attack only you. I made a custom stage and got all three computer players trapped in a box and all they did was jump at the wall trying to get to me on the outside. It was pretty funny. They didn't even attack eachother.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
it's obviously Mario, he has been difficultized (is that even a word?) and often does AT's that a normal AI wouldn't normally use.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
MK is rather stupid, he tends to gimp himslef by using Forward B off the stage. Personally, I think it's Pit or Wolf

WilldaBeast

Smash Apprentice
Lucario is certainly very annoying, but not the hardest.

I would have to say Game and Watch is one of the ones that gives me more trouble than others, same with Ness, that may be because I'm not very good against those characters, and it may be because they are harder, but, you do not have time to ponder such questions, as Link has just grabbed the Smash Ball.

I had to bring that one back.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
They're all pretty predictable and easy after a while, but for me I've always had a little more of a tougher time against CPU Luigi than the rest.

I dunno, something about the floaty way he moves. That combined with the computer's tendency to always retaliate with an aerial move if they're knocked into the air (usually after almost anything) and ofcourse...the total lack of stun makes him sort of annoying.

fujbubccc

Smash Apprentice
I was playing some Metas last night and I got Wall-o-Pained almost every stock. But I have a lot of trouble with CPU Fox, but that could just be a lack of match-up understanding.

exidid

Smash Journeyman
I find Mario the hardest >.< He uses the cape and I dun like capes.

Still, CPUs are bad XD

nonemus

Smash Rookie
All CPUs SUCK.

My friend thought that a lvl 9 snake and MK is better then lvl 9 rest of the class. But no. Lvl 9 = Lvl 9

Its just that for some characters, some are tougher then others. Ex, for marth, it would be MK or ROB, where for a person playing another character may find them easy

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy, I forgot Diddy. He just attacks SO EFFIN' OFTEN.
Also, was GAW level 9 toned down in the PAL version? As many are saying he's the hardest and yet I don't find him hard at all. And I'm a n00b.

Nemosrevenge

Smash Rookie
well i know as a fact that in meele ganon was the hardest lvl nine cpu cus i made a tourney with 24 and left out pichu and actually ice clibers came in second :\

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In Brawl, even the easiest skill level can do inhuman things. What I find embarrassing is when I always get grabbed by a level 1. Grabs are harder to predict in Brawl (where they're less common) compared to Melee (where they can be abused big time by certain characters).

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
I don't like Luigis.....

On a funny note, my friends CPU Mario loved Pitfalls. Whenever one appeared he would immediatly grab it, throw it at you, and begin punching you in the back of the head....

Exia 00

Smash Champion
In Brawl, even the easiest skill level can do inhuman things. What I find embarrassing is when I always get grabbed by a level 1. Grabs are harder to predict in Brawl (where they're less common) compared to Melee (where they can be abused big time by certain characters).
I dont know if i took that the wrong way but don't people abuse CGs and infinite grabs more in brawl rather than melee ? =/

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Probably mario.

That's just because none of the CPUs use any advanced techniques that really help make a character...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I dont know if i took that the wrong way but don't people abuse CGs and infinite grabs more in brawl rather than melee ? =/
What I'm saying is that the level 9s in Brawl do less grabs than the Melee level 9s. I wasn't including human players in the discussion.

For example, level 9 Melee Fox could do way over 40 (even do over 50) grabs in a 5 minute match. Level 9 Brawl Fox would rarely do over 10 grabs in 5 minute matches, but he'd do over 30-40 smash attacks instead.

Rudra

Smash Ace
I've usually had problems with Sheik and few with G&W. Speaking of inhuman reflexes, I once got Lightning Kicked twice from Zelda with Falco I think. (Somehow, my Fair collided with her body, causing her to flinch for a sec while I was in the "stunned" animation you get when it's sweetspotted and she just fired off another one instantaneously. =/ )

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
I second Pit.

Yall probably already knew this, but even on free for all computer players try to attack only you. I made a custom stage and got all three computer players trapped in a box and all they did was jump at the wall trying to get to me on the outside. It was pretty funny. They didn't even attack eachother.
Yes, so it is not just me that noticed this. All they care about in Free for all is attacking the human players, which can be quite irksome at times. I prefer fighting one character at a time, but I cannot do so with multiple CPU's, because they all want to hurt me only. That is something that should not have happened for this game.

~rh

Smash Lord
I'd have to agree with MK being the best CPU player. He edgeguards the **** outt me and edge hogs even sometimes.

EvonJ

Smash Cadet
Not that this is really related. But I was trying to teach my girl to play Brawl "up B... no, up B... just up B...".
I finally put her against a level 1 mario for a fight and he edge hogged her one of the few times she remembered to up b.

Top Bottom