• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardest char to play as?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
lol first saying I suck because I use no short-hop on keyboard, then refusing to play me when I challenge you... I think that speaks for itself.

And for the record, I didn't find your post offensive (the one about me sucking since I use no short-hop). Actually, in a way, I kind of agree with you. Keyboard with no shorthop makes me play much worse than on console lol. I just wanted to have a friendly match / prove I don't "suck"... at least not by much :p

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
lol first saying I suck because I use no short-hop on keyboard, then refusing to play me when I challenge you... I think that speaks for itself.

And for the record, I didn't find your post offensive (the one about me sucking since I use no short-hop). Actually, in a way, I kind of agree with you. Keyboard with no shorthop makes me play much worse than on console lol. I just wanted to have a friendly match / prove I don't "suck"... at least not by much :p
I don't play people that live far away because I don't enjoy the lag, and therefore the game. If that's what you mean in terms of it speaking for itself, then yes, you are correct.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Every character aside from Yoshi and Fox are hard for me. I only have fun with Yoshi and Fox so I suck with everyone else.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
those things are really easy to do.
the thing i found hard but finally managed to do consistently is ff uair without the second jump.
you can only do them if you are close enough for the ground and so you do not start the second jump, at least that is what works for me.
On keyboard? You must practice a lot o.o

This forum has too many trolls...still better than brawl though...

dandan

Smash Lord
On keyboard? You must practice a lot o.o

This forum has too many trolls...still better than brawl though...
yes on keyboard, and i am not trolling,
i would show you, but i have problems playing with aussies as i am in israel,
i get 400 ping to ciaza...

dandan

Smash Lord
pffft, i would take it seriously if you were not canadian...
no points please (i love canada)

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't talking about you trolling.

And 400 ping makes sense, it is literally halfway across the world :p
I was not trolling either. (well, not really)
I can do the stuff that I said on keyboard too, I just find it hard to believe that blue_yoshi can't shorthop with the keyboard. You literally need to just touch the c button and it does it.

Thino

Smash Master
I agree that hardest to play as =/= hardest to win with

I dont think theres really any character that is "difficult" to play as .. I mean yea , some have parry , DJC , double lasers , are floatier , but I think those are just attributes u gotta learn/adapt with

I have characters I have hard time winning with but I think its more becuz I suck with them rather than them being hard to use

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I know how to shorthop with keyboard... I just don't do it since every config using c buttons makes me fail. And I don't feel like learning a new config.
Since I use the arrow keys for normal jumps, i use these keys below for short hops, since I barely need to move my finger then to short hop
Control
/

H0lyQuebec

Smash Apprentice
i'd say any DJCing characters, means ness and yoshi here.

I find DJC hard to *MASTER*
Sheer has it really good with yoshi. (notice how he shield breaks people easily)

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
You guys are forgetting that a lot of the advanced techniques that you can learn are not necessary to do well with certain characters. For example, you don't HAVE to parry with yoshi to win, and ness is still pretty good even if you are not brilliant at djc. As long as you can do the uairs relatively fast you should be fine in terms of comboing, when you combine it with utilts and dairs.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
i'd say any DJCing characters, means ness and yoshi here.

I find DJC hard to *MASTER*
Sheer has it really good with yoshi. (notice how he shield breaks people easily)
usually to make it easier, I like to move back and forth with the DJC.

Top Bottom