• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harden For Glory! The Official Metapod Thread!

Shuma

Smash Hero
What just happened here guys? This is ********...

Kakuna is Better.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I must say that this is the most stupid idea I've ever heard in my entire life! :)
I'm assuming you have heard of such suggestions as Oprah, the Power Rangers, Master Chief and Air bud. :^)

Mentioned above, Metapod would be insanely original. As a playable character or a Pokemon from a pokeball

jamiej91

Smash Rookie
I've seen a lot of stupid ideas, but this is by far the most ******** thing I've ever seen. Why in the HELL would you want to play as a ****ing cocoon? They can't even move!

NukeA6

Smash Master
I've seen a lot of stupid ideas, but this is by far the most ******** thing I've ever seen. Why in the HELL would you want to play as a ****ing cocoon? They can't even move!
But it can fire string shots;)

Talendime

Smash Ace
I thought this was a joke.

I can't even imagine Metapod coming out of a pokeball. He couldn't even protect the user.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Lopunny uses Sweet Kiss!
Medapod used Harden!

Lopunny uses Tickle!
Medapod used String Shot!

Lopunny uses Spit Up!
Medapod fainted!

NukeA6

Smash Master
That's gotta be the funniest moveset I've seen. Most of the moves are just headbutts and rear flicks.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Metapod is awesome! Way better then Gardevoir.

I had a team of 6 level 100 Metapods on my blue version back in the day. They all had one attack, Harden. That team had a perfect record. Never won a game...

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Why would someone want to use a high tier character? I'll tell you why. Because they want to win. (A higher chance of winning pardon me.) Thats why son.

Oh, btw, Fawriel, i love that pic, its definitely first-post worthy.

Sandrock

Smash Rookie
okay I'm just gonna stop at topic 3.

OBJECTSTION!

There has to be a rule is about not attacking people on this forum. Now the idea as Metapod for a character in Brawl is being attacked here. CHILL PEOPLE. There's proof that if this poll is real that he was top voted into what ever the topic was. Weather it was Favorite Pokemon, new Brawl Pokemon or what ever. He "won" right. Proof of his fame thus a good reason to add him to the game.

2nd thing...Metapod cant move. He can move! In the very game he is in. While in the anime he is nothing more than a bug that evolves like a caterpillar, in the video game he has and keeps the move tackle. Which...would be easy to remove in the programing after his evolution by Nintendo. Thus some how he can move. How could he move in brawl? He could shake him self while running skidding him self along the ground, and could just zoom along the screen on the floor. He could hover for all I care...hmmm wait.. *looks it up*

...TAKE THAT!

A Medapod "Its shell is as hard as an iron slab. A Metapod does not move very much because it is preparing its soft innards for evolution inside the shell." The Pokedex for Pokemon say the same thing but different ways...that's the Emerald one. For Ruby its "The shell covering this Pokémon's body is as hard as an iron slab. Metapod does not move very much. It stays still because it is preparing its soft innards for evolution inside the hard shell. " However games before Ruby have said it remains move less...but Nintendo must have seen "It tackles" and added that some how it moves. There are also quotes from the video game "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon" which requires movement and show that it should be a playable Pokemon, sadly you can not play as Medapod but it seems you can face him in the game. Now...how it Moves is beyond me but...this Pokemon can some how move. Also Butterfree learn Psychic attacks...while Medapod is a bug time in its next form it learns a Psychic move...and it turns into that Pokemon inside the shell First. So a Butterfree sill in its shell could use its limited Psychic moves to hove to move around. Finaly for its Super Smash move to turn into a powerful attacking and flying Butterfree would make sense. It could change into its 3rd form and with video game logic would be back in its 2nd form.

Logic overpowers all...beat that.

As for him being in the game...heh I kinda like it yet...seems silly as well. Also your move list is a little over powerful I think...but no idea yet what todo with it.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
*whew* Okay, i'm gonna add more to this reply as soon as I can.

I'm on my psp at the moment so i can't type as much as i'd like but for now i'll try to write as much
as i can within the psp textbox limit. I may need to double post =/ Sorry mods. LOL.

Anyways, lets start with the fact that Metapod can't move. As you pointed out among several other posters, Metapod cannot 'move', which of course makes him incapable for battle right? Wrong. As they always say, the best offense is a good defense.

MauFonseca

Smash Rookie
I have a Move set that goes better with Metapod:

B neutral -- Nothing
B forward -- Nothing

B up -- Nothing

B down -- Nothing

Brawl attack: Nothing

A: Nothing
tiltA:Nothing
downA: Nothing
upA: Nothing
DashA: Nothing

Fair: Nothing
Dair:Nothing
Bair: Nothing
Uair: Nothing
Nair: Nothing

Fsmash: Nothing
Usmash: Nothing
Dsmash: Nothing

Throw: Nothing

Shield: Harden

Taunt: Start Rolling around non-stop (His best "attack")

Sandrock

Smash Rookie
I have a Move set that goes better with Metapod:

B neutral -- Nothing
B forward -- Nothing

B up -- Nothing

B down -- Nothing

Brawl attack: Nothing

A: Nothing
tiltA:Nothing
downA: Nothing
upA: Nothing
DashA: Nothing

Fair: Nothing
Dair:Nothing
Bair: Nothing
Uair: Nothing
Nair: Nothing

Fsmash: Nothing
Usmash: Nothing
Dsmash: Nothing

Throw: Nothing

Shield: Harden

Taunt: Start Rolling around non-stop (His best "attack")
tisk tisk tisk...
He still knows Tackle and String Shot game wise. If anything Medapod could be a pure counter fighter. Like Marth and Roys B down move. He could be that for a Pokeball fighter. By attaching him self to the person who "summon" him he could counter any attack behind that player back to who ever sent it for a short while. Thus...as one of the pokeball items he is still usefull. NEVER use-less.

saud

Smash Lord
I had a team of 6 level 100 Metapods on my blue version back in the day. They all had one attack, Harden. That team had a perfect record. Never won a game...
Mine did, the opponents' pokemon just ran out of moves and struggled to death!!!! (opponents' levels were less than 40)

spikeball

Smash Rookie
Metapod as a playable character ......... hmmm ........ maybe he could come out of a pokeball, use harden & all players on screen would turn into their metal versions.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Sandrock
There has to be a rule is about not attacking people on this forum.
There is.

Sandrock
Now the idea as Metapod for a character in Brawl is being attacked here.
Metapod isn't a person on this forum.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Are you kidding me? Kakuna is clearly the better choice, Metapod for sticker, or small cameo in pokemon section of intro video.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Kakuna is lame. Metapod has 5 more base HP and 5 more base DEF. Plus, Kakuna has a psychic weakness.

Top Bottom