• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hanenbow, what do you think of it?

Stroupes

Smash Lord
Hanenbow is perhaps the worst idea ever in the history of Smash.
It sucks as much as Pichu and Smash64.
If I'm ever forced to play on it, I'm pretty sure I'll eject my disk immediantly, and put it somewhere where Hanenbow will never be shown on my TV.

And that's how much it SUCKS.

aflyinglamppost

Smash Cadet
Zanarkand, but sometimes in Hollow Bastien
If I'm ever forced to play on it, I'm pretty sure I'll eject my disk immediantly, and put it somewhere where Hanenbow will never be shown on my TV.

okay, that is the worst thing i have ever heard. how can you not like Smash64?!?! or Pichu?!
64 is what started all of this!!! And whats so wrong with Hanenbow??? You sir are an idiom!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It sucks, this place is made up of small platforms, you can't swim in the water, and with Ike's recovery game it only gets worse here.

AlexX

Smash Ace
What's good about Hanenbow?
It's fun, good for characters with a strong airgame, and a strong counter-pick against opponents that hate it due to their hatred distracting them from the fight.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It's fun, good for characters with a strong airgame, and a strong counter-pick against opponents that hate it due to their hatred distracting them from the fight.
And supposedly you have an Ike avatar, but you mention good air game...?

Lutukor

Smash Cadet
I hate hanenbow. I dunno why. It just hurts to look at the level. However, the music, if you can call it that, is not as bad as some levels.

And how many people here died trying to swim in the fake water the first time?

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
Hurts my eyes, I don't like the random silence, fake water, and its basicly a glitch nightmare for my main Sonic.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
I hate hanenbow. I dunno why. It just hurts to look at the level. However, the music, if you can call it that, is not as bad as some levels.

And how many people here died trying to swim in the fake water the first time?
I did. It's my third-to-least favorite stage (75m and the other super mario stage take the cake. You know, where koopas and crabs are key for a KO.) Anyway, those three stages were probably put in so they could say "ZOMG! We have 40 stages in Brawl!"

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Anything that scrolls is from the devil. Including that DK one. Summit didn't work in Melee, I don't know why they expected anything to change.

Top 5 worst stages, in order of suck:

1. Rumble Falls. (I reset the game when this come up because I can't stand to look at it while pausing)
2. Mushroomy Kingdom.
3. New Pork City.
4. 75m
5. Hanenbow.

Honourable mention goes to Mario Bros. and Flatzone 2.

Pink-eye

Smash Apprentice
yeah flat zone does suck.

i hate moving ones also, rainbow cruise, rumble falls, i dont mind mushroomy kingdom 1-1, but 1-2 is so bad, its almost impossible to K.O. i hate it when im playin all star or somethin on hard or very hard or intense and i have to fight on 1-2, it pisses me off to no end.

as a ZSS main, i love hanenbow, for counter pick reasons.

this stage would be like my favorite if you could swim in the water, the spikes would be amazing.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's a nice relaxing stage, no hazards so it's one of my favorites to play on. However I hate playing on it with a character like Sonic, and I do agree it should be a banned stage.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Aw, poor underloved Hanenbow. It's definitely my favorite wild-card stage, since for me it came straight out of the blue. I also like it for people who aren't used to it, since I am. Any advantage is welcome. The non-water water is kind of an odd choice though. I mean, why put water and make it not water? It's just to mock us, I think.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
i dont like it, but its not my least favorite
that would be 75m

i wish brawl had better quality stages and no stupid ledges that make me die :(

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710

Buddy, Smash64 did not suck.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Its a cool level.
Very majestic.

ctrlaltdestroy

Smash Cadet
You're right, until Melee came out.
And now there's Brawl. So what's the reason for playing it now?
just because the next game in a series comes out doesnt make the old games any less good, Smash64 is just as glorius as it was, just the franchise as a whole has grown bigger, but its definately a classic. Why are you even on smashboards if you think the original sucked?

and for the most part hanenbow is frustraiting when you dont know some of the secrets, such as the twig in the bottom left that you cant stand on, that kind of thing, but if your familiar its very fun to watch less familiar players flail in ignorance :D

Meta4

Smash Rookie
I have died like one hundred times with Toon Link there. I think the 'ground' is water so I think it is safe to DAIR. If that was water it would be an okay stage. Lol silly dair.

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
I don't like it, but I don't hate it. I wish you can actually swim in the water and I wish that brance on the left is an actual platform you can fight on. If that branch was an actual platform, I may like the stage a little. My least favorite stage would probabally have to be 75m.

bobson

Smash Lord
I love Hanenbrow because everyone else hates it. I always have the advantage because I've learned how to maneuver around the stage instead of just never playing it.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Very interesting stage. I don't hate it. Its an awesome concept and very unique, but it sucks if your vertical recovery is worthless (ie bowser or DK)

Ryazan

Smash Ace
It's...uh...colorful?:ohwell:

idk, I rarely ever go there. Not because I dislike it, I've got nothing against it, I just prefer stages like Smashville and Battlefield and the like.

Immortal_One

Smash Apprentice
It's got 8 platforms and water you can't swim in. Oh, and like 4 inbred creatures that resemble mentally challenged chainchomps.

Needless to say, I hate it.

Top Bottom