• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halberd and Ness cheap strategy

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I was wondering if it was possible to absorb the laser from that stage with Ness' PSI Magnet.

Another stage to consider is Spear Pillar, with those random hyper beams coming out of somplace.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Unfortunately, no. I usually use that Laser Cannon to edge guard my opponents. With that in mind, when this happens and they try to SDI out of the laser, I usually charge up a PK Flash to ensure their death. Now that's cheap. ;)

Meccs

@Meccs_
nah, Corneria's Arwings is the only stage thing that immediatly comes to mind...

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
a better strategy for Halberd would be to use PKT, direct it under the stage, and use PKT2
Exactly, it's kind of like playing on Port Town Aero Drive, lol.

I saw you did that same thing in your combo video, that Olimar probably cried.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
nope. though last night I was playing as captain falcon and my friend shielded halberds stage

lets just say falcon punch>broken shield> falcon punch yess.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
nope. though last night I was playing as captain falcon and my friend shielded halberds stage

lets just say falcon punch>broken shield> falcon punch yess.
One time I was playing as Ganon, and I power shielded the laser, and continued to walk right through it without getting harmed... :lick:

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
One time I was playing as Ganon, and I power shielded the laser, and continued to walk right through it without getting harmed... :lick:
I think you gain invincibility from multi hit moves after you powershield the first hit. I did that with Lucas's usmash once.

If the absorbing Halberd lazor was possible, it wouldn't be cheap, just awesome.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
I was wondering if it was possible to absorb the laser from that stage with Ness' PSI Magnet.

Another stage to consider is Spear Pillar, with those random hyper beams coming out of somplace.
We wish :lick:...

It would be awesome but just imagine the amount of Johning people would do :laugh:.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I stopped reading at "cheap".
It's not actually a strategy, it was a question.
Halberd's lasers can't be absorbed by Ness's PSI Magnet. If they could, we might call that a good stage.

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, no. I usually use that Laser Cannon to edge guard my opponents. With that in mind, when this happens and they try to SDI out of the laser, I usually charge up a PK Flash to ensure their death. Now that's cheap. ;)
I time a grab release so they get caught in the laser...I should work in PK Flash, too....

Top Bottom