• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Haha disregard that i suck at making cake

UltimaXtreme

Smash Journeyman
seriously, who disagrees? if you disagree, you probably don't play snake, or you suck at playing snake.

his distance covered is tremendous when u mortar slide without contact, not only that, you can spam it back and forth over and over.

i love abusing this, and i know you guys do too (:, as well as abusing C4 spam.

edit: /close thread because this thread epic fails

wanginvasion

Smash Rookie
it's just a part of his game that you can live without. Any experienced player would be able to counter you if you spam it, and there are people who just simply choose not to use it in their games and still play very good snakes.

i wouldn't be suprised if the technique was banned by some local tournies tho

Hax

Smash Champion
i also use this to get from one side of the stage to the ledge on the other side

EDIT: really ****ing fast

Elemental Knight

Smash Cadet
It's not like it's not counterable. Spamming it could lead to a world of hurt. But like anything else, in its proper place, it's a **** good tool to have.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Hardly. Wolf/Falco can blaster him during the dash or when he's sliding. There's also the Marth/Ike counter attack, Pit's shield(I think) and the Mario Cape.

Snake is hardly god tier. If you keep doing mortar slides then your opponent will predict and punish you.

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice
Not to mention I think people can also grab you (if they have a ranged grab like Samus, Link, etc..).

Deadlypudding

Smash Cadet
Its a good move, but the best use is to get to the edge fast for edgeguading. Its a good approach too, but I wouldn't spam it.

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
I suck at no contact mortar slides cause I b-stick now for c4 recoveries. :( I'd probably use it a bit at the start to piss the other guy off since people tend to play worse when they're mad. Also I would use it to get to the other side of the stage really fast, but... I can't do it without my cstick. >.>

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
seriously, who disagrees? if you disagree, you probably don't play snake, or you suck at playing snake.

his distance covered is tremendous when u mortar slide without contact, not only that, you can spam it back and forth over and over.

So your reasoning for this god-tier nonsense is because he can cover large distances with his usmash cancel? Does that make Sheik god-tier as well?

I would say all of Snake's other tricks, techniques, and strategies are reason to consider him an awesome character.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman

Its a good move but it doesn't make Snake god tier. You can spam it back and forth but its not that effective of a stategy. It can be countered and it does about half the damage of his dash attack unless you hit with the whole thing,which doesn't happen to often. And I don't even know what your talking about when you mention abusing C4 spam.

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
my new smashboards trend is to look at the join date then the post, cus most of the time is complete BS(no offense to any1 in this thread)

=ArtH=

Smash Apprentice
my new smashboards trend is to look at the join date then the post, cus most of the time is complete BS(no offense to any1 in this thread)
I've been doing that ever since the Brawl section was made lol.

nejiattack

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it is awesome. I don't spam though. I use it when I see a chance or whenever I am in a hurry to point A to Point B. I'm not that pro though either

kingofwaddles

Smash Apprentice
i don't "spam" it like moron, it has like a 80% hit rate if you use it right.
you dont spam it like moron??? the hit rate only applies when you dont spam it...or overuse it, like many people are saying you do. its predictable, alot of people started maining snake after learning the slide....really, its overrated, only practical in some situiations.

Mom

Smash Rookie
The Slide is a great move and all, it Vitually takes out the need for using Foward B, and for edge guarding its a beautiful technique to use to slide, hold the smash release it. Obviously "Snake Sliding" isn't for every snake player though because of the overwhelming need for snake to be constantly planting mines and what not. "Snake Sliding," though in my opinion, does push him up for my tier list. If anyone is an experienced with this move realize though it's HUGE disadvantage from Pit's Link's and anyone with a decent projectile. So in my opinon I think this move is great for any player who can think on his toes. Something overlooked that seems broken to me are his NAirs and DAirs, a full hit each lays around 28%. They are great finishers and better at racking damage then his "Snake Slide," But that's just my opinion.

Pseudoshot

Smash Cadet
I like to plant c4's on ppl and spike them at 30% when they john their DI's.
And not just no contact Usmash, flipping boosting accross FD in like 2 sec. Too fast I tell you, not too slow.
Edit: HAHA no contact Uair KO with G&W makes him god tier XD

Ferratto

Smash Rookie

please tell me you were kidding, you were kidding right? i guess if the person you are playing is getting hit by a shovel then it might be half as good as you are saying. everyone knows in the back of their head that brawl sucks but give it more credit than that man, you're just being mean now.

but on a serious note (^^^i was still serious) anyone can easily punish you for doing that, esp spamming it

payasofobia

Smash Champion
played against an experienced snake player today, he spammed that and caught me off guard since i was playing offensively and he always got me
on the next match, i played patiently and that attack didnt got me again
that attack is very easy to avoid since snake needs to run directly to you to use it, and then you can roll and punish him, that attack is good, but not godly

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
played against an experienced snake player today, he spammed that and caught me off guard since i was playing offensively and he always got me
on the next match, i played patiently and that attack didnt got me again
that attack is very easy to avoid since snake needs to run directly to you to use it, and then you can roll and punish him, that attack is good, but not godly
spamming this would be predictable...

superman969

Smash Journeyman
spamming any move is predictable...

But its super fun to do, specially when youre playin with a bunch of n00bs who dont know how to do it haha

TriffStar

Smash Rookie
Snake dashing hardly makes him godly.

I think it is best used in free for alls - Mostly because Snake is under alot of pressure to control the stage and being a fairly slow character he can be easily chased down by a number of characters on the offense.

I use it mostly to get around the stage, deal a little damage on the way but more importantly to get the pressure off of me - Any experienced player will easily counter spamming it.

napZzz

Smash Hero
you use it to chase people going off stage duh or when someone is far away and trying to get on land :p

UltimaXtreme

Smash Journeyman
i take this thread back, non contact dashing sucks fat ****.

contact ones are much more precise, people are getting smarter against non contact sliding.

Top Bottom