• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadouken! Ryu's Official Thread! - We do EX Moves to SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I like the title in this thread. Kind of fits what myself and others are thinking.

"UHG, they leaks Ryu and Roy AGAIN!!"

Last edited:

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
By the way I've been a part of this support thread for quite some time. And this is the most people I've seen here since it started i think. Its really a sight to see. :b:

D

Deleted member

Well its now time to officially mark this thread and the Roy thread a epic success.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I had no interest in Ryu but this is awesome!

The leaks have diminished the shock value, but I'm still amazed Nintendo went this direction

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Where is our Ryu character room?

Is this gonna be the social thread

•Col•

Smash Champion
Cool to see Ryu get in. I've always been a bigger fan of Ken, and I was kinda hoping he may tag along as an alt. for Ryu, or at least a simple red gi for Ryu as a nod to him.. But oh well.

If Ryu has his link-combo system intact from the Street Fighter games, he's going to be a really unique and fun fighter to play as. Looking forward to trying him out. :)

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I've never played Street Fighter, but it's cool that he's in. Wonder what his final smash will be :043:
Well, Ryu's Final Smash trophy depicts him doing a Shin Shoryuken. If you've never played Street Fighter, it looks like this:

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Ryu looks awesome. I feel like I'd really enjoy playing as him.

Congrats too guys. I wanted him after thinking about him as a Smash character, but probably not nearly as much as you guys did.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ryu looks awesome. I feel like I'd really enjoy playing as him.

Congrats too guys. I wanted him after thinking about him as a Smash character, but probably not nearly as much as you guys did.
That bro. Hopefully Snake gets in as well

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Capcom got two third party reps
Squeeee
Let us remember that it was planned since day one.

Cool to see Ryu get in. I've always been a bigger fan of Ken, and I was kinda hoping he may tag along as an alt. for Ryu, or at least a simple red gi for Ryu as a nod to him.. But oh well.

If Ryu has his link-combo system intact from the Street Fighter games, he's going to be a really unique and fun fighter to play as. Looking forward to trying him out. :)
I still wait for Ken to be an alt, or just a color scheme or is it confirmed no Ken in this?

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
@mods when do we get the Ryu boards
Yooooo if Ryu plays the same as he does in SF, then he might be my best character
I played Akuma tho lmao

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
All day I just

but yeah, I wasn't expecting this at all. Put Ryu back in my mind 'cause I couldn't fathom Sakurai putting him in. How perfect would that be, though, y'know? I always thought that. The Grandaddy of All Fighters in a game with an equally historic cast of characters and their lineage/pedigree in their respective genres.

(even though I'm a Gouki main at heart, but hey)

I'm super, super stoked. He may not replace my boy D3 but he's gonna be a really close second. I'mma lab him super hard.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Gonna be the first in the Ryu character boards tho
Finding every combo
Every AT
Discussing matchups
Too hype right now lmao

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I don't play Street Fighter, but I'm cool with Ryu joining. I could even see myself maining him, since I like the look of his moveset. I pretty much accurately predicted his specials (as I'm sure many of us did).

The one thing I'm a bit apprehensive about, though, is how underwhelming it was to save Ryu for DLC. Traditionally, third-parties in Smash have been a big thing, hyped up and advertised as part of the core game before release. Relegating Ryu to post-launch DLC just comes off to me as a little watered-down, and to know he's not part of the "core" cast alongside Mega Man, Sonic, and Pac-Man is a bit disappointing. He probably won't have custom special moves, for example.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I've never played Street Fighter, but I knew about Ryu and that he had a projectile-thingy. So yes, I don't know much about him, I only know his name, where he's from, and what he looks like. But MAN am I excited for this bad boy! :) Will be one of my mains, even though I don't know his moveset!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom