• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H2YL Presents:Fighting Game Biweeklies - 9/5/09 Alexandria VA - FINALIZED SCHEDULE!

chillindude829

Smash Master
H2YL Presents
Fighting Game Biweeklies

Check it out guys, my bro (Mild) got a house and it's going to be a few months before he moves in, so we're holding some awesome biweeklies. The house has plenty of room since there's no furniture or anything yet, meaning we could have up to 100 people easily. Chu has Brawl/Brawl+ biweeklies down, so we're gonna try something different for these: at least 4 different games, and possibly more.

Tournament Information
Alexandria, VA 22309

Contact Info
My cell phone # is 703-861-2986
Please only call if you really need to, and also don't add me to your contact list and start calling me casually after this tourney unless we're cool. (lol someone did this once)

Schedule
11 AM: Arrival
12 PM: Melee teams
1 PM: Melee singles and Tatsunoko vs Capcom
3 PM: Lunch break
4 PM: Brawl teams, Street Fighter IV teams
6 PM: Brawl singles, Street Fighter IV singles
9 PM: Brawl+, other events (crews for Smash if time permits)
Midnight (this time can be extended if needed): Wrap-up

Entry fees
$5 venue fee
$5 per event

Payouts will be standard (65/25/10, 4th will get their money back if over 25 people enter)

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Events:
-Teams
-Singles
-Crews*

Rules:
-4 stock
-7 minute time limit
-Other rules to be updated later, but expect standard sh*t

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Events:
-Teams
-Singles
-Crews*

Rules:
-3 stock
-8 minute time limit
-Other rules to be updated later, but they'll be standard

Super Smash Bros. Brawl+*
Events:
-Teams
-Singles

Rules:
-3 stock
-8 minute time limit
-Other rules to be updated later, but they'll be standard

Street Fighter IV
Events:
-2v2 teams
-Singles

Rules:
-2/3 sets (finals 3/5)
-2/3 rounds
-All characters allowed

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom*
Events:
-Singles

Rules:
-OTG infinites are banned
-Ken's invisibility glitch is banned

* = if time/interest/setups permit

So yeah lets get some hype for this shiz, if you are a fan of multiple fighting games these are the events for you.

We definitely need some help w/ setups!! Please bring TV's/cubes/wiis/360s with Melee/Brawl/SF4/TvC!! And for those of you interested in Brawl+, we'll need at least 4 setups to run a + tourney so step it up!

Anyone who brings a full setup (TV + system w/ game) will get their venue fee waived!

Another note: If people need housing, we can most likely provide it for you, as long as you can bring blankets/pillows. Like I said, there is plenty of space in the house but no furniture.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Definately in for SF4/B+.

Any chance BlazBlue could make an appearance? If not now than sometime in the near future?

I have the burning need to bust out my BANGBANGBANGBAAAAANG!

+1 Brawl+ Wii as well.

chillindude829

Smash Master
the awesome thing about these tourneys is virtually any game can have a tourney, provided there's enough setups and entrants. for now i'm putting the minimum entrant amount at 6, and at least 2 setups. so yeah feel free to bring blazblue, and if we get at least 2 setups and at least 6 entrants, we can have a blazblue tourney as well.

this applies to MvC2/any other games ppl might be interested in as well

Coney

Smash Master
hey, if there was any interest, could there be smash 64 too? i doubt there would be anyone that cared, just wondering

chillindude829

Smash Master
i play for 360, and theres a lot of other smashers in this area that play too.

azen, omni and shinku off the top of my head all play and are pretty good (they all play 360 too)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
cool this is closer then c3. I'll be here for brawl+, brawl, and maybe more hopefully.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
i play for 360, and theres a lot of other smashers in this area that play too.

azen, omni and shinku off the top of my head all play and are pretty good (they all play 360 too)
That's a shame, I have PS3...guess there's only one other way to play you guys huh :D

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Had to be the same day as GOTM's....

I have been looking for an excuse to come to MD/VA, but I guess I'll have to wait a little longer. I hope you have more of these in the future.

chillindude829

Smash Master
yeah, we should continue to have these for at least a month or two. that'd be sweet if you came down pakman, like i said we can definitely arrange housing at the house so that should save you some trouble.

get hype n*ggas!! turnouts already looking like a good 25-30 ppl

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Chillin is there any way you can move your date, I had a tournament lined up for this date as well.. its going to hurt my attendance.

chillindude829

Smash Master
bolt im sorry man, but this is MD/VA and there are tourneys every weekend, theres not really a nearby date i could move it to that wouldnt conflict with some other tourney.

im thinking the hardcore brawl crowd should go to your tourney while my tourney is more for melee and other game players, its also a lot closer for some people, your tourney is quite the drive for MD especially

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Yeah I hear that.. Is there any way that you could just host Melee along with your other tourneys and leave teh Brawl to me? :D That would be sweet cool..? I know the MD Crowd would prefer your location but I only Host Brawl events (for now) and would like the largest possible turnout for the venue owner.. and from the looks of it I'm already losing people that said they would attend mine to go to yours including my partner for doubles. :(

chillindude829

Smash Master
i dont think so bolt, but i dont think brawl is going to be the main event or anything at my tourney anyway. if anything im guessing melee or sf4 will be the main events. but i know theres people that wanna enter brawl that cant make it to your tourney so im still gonna hold brawl

once again i apologize but this isnt the first instance of tourneys happening on the same day in MD/VA and in the past there have been cases where both tourneys ended up doing pretty well, that's what im hoping happens here

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
i dont think so bolt, but i dont think brawl is going to be the main event or anything at my tourney anyway. if anything im guessing melee or sf4 will be the main events. but i know theres people that wanna enter brawl that cant make it to your tourney so im still gonna hold brawl

once again i apologize but this isnt the first instance of tourneys happening on the same day in MD/VA and in the past there have been cases where both tourneys ended up doing pretty well, that's what im hoping happens here
:dizzy: Thanks anyway.

chillindude829

Smash Master
i think sf4 will be mostly if not all 360

theres a c3 this weekend for sf4 that im going to, im gonna let ppl there know about this and hopefully get a lot of attendance for sf4 too

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Maybe I'll even practice SF4 for this.

Anybody wanna try my Honda in HD Remix?

Top Bottom