• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GTAN Brawl+ Power Rankings [Mini Update! 07/22/10]

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
if i give someone my sd card can you help me get b+ and b- on it? im confused i have the updater and it doesnt work =[

.Marik

is a social misfit
Charizaaaaaaarddddd

Is there a b+ tier list anyways? I wonder where people would rank him....
Not yet.

The metagame needs to evolve a little more before an official tier list is released.

Tiers aren't as rampant in Brawl+ anyways, a tier list isn't that necessary.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Not yet.

The metagame needs to evolve a little more before an official tier list is released.

Tiers aren't as rampant in Brawl+ anyways, a tier list isn't that necessary.
Wishful thinking. It certainly appears that way right now, but with such a small community devoutly playing B+ it's gonna take a loooong time for people to know the matchups, intricacies, and ultimately tier placings of every character. Speaking from my experience with Casltevania: Judgment (which I was at one point ranked #3 worldwide in), any time a game has a small community the bar for "top-level play" will be set much much lower, and knowledge of the game will be sparse at best. To this day I don't even feel like I deserved to be ranked nearly as high as I was in Castlevania, there just wasn't enough people to make it as competitive as it could have been.

The characters might be a little closer in potential than vBrawl, but there will still be a #1 and a #37 or whatever.

5ive

Smash Champion
It's a relatively smaller community than Brawl; that isn't to say it's small in itself. You're acting like 6 people play it. There are 5 major regions which consistantly have tournaments and get 20-30 entrants a tournament

Canada (lol Americans grouping us as a country), NYC, MD/VA, Chicago, South (Texas)

There are plenty of players, just a lot of travelling. And like I said, it's small relative to Brawl, but still solid scenes in their own right. It's certainly enough to create a metagame, and a tier list. Personally, I've seen Toronto develop it's share of Brawl+ players. Our last tournament was ****ing stacked with good players AND it almost matched Brawl's attendance (lol).

Anyways we were talking about tierlists in the backroom. I don't know if I can say a lot, but we all generally agreed on Jiggs, Lucario, Pikachu for A tier.

And Joe, I'll do it. YOOO IM REACHING YORK FOR SOME BRAWL-

5ive

Smash Champion
PR mostly decided upon Brewin' Up Some Brawl 3 results.

1: Holy ($57) - :rob:
2: Dist ($28.5) - :toonlink:
3: TinMan ($9.5) - :rob:/:olimar:
4: 5ive - :pikachu2:/:lucario:/:snake:
5: Eugene - :falcon:
5: Minus - :charizard:
7: Guard - :fox:
7: Marik - :yoshi:
9: Doc - :metaknight:
9: Fonez - :random:
9: Fashoomp - :random:
9: Carter - :samus2:
13: Inle - :marth:
13: Han - :random:
13: Swordgard - :random:
13: FiZZ - :lucario:
17: Skyler - :random:
17: Joe - :random:
17: SswiZz BbeatSs - :random:
1. Distructo
Has only lost one set to a GTA player in his Brawl+ career.

2. TinMan
Beat Eugene to overtake #2.

3. Eugene
Lost to TinMan, losing #2.

4. 5ive
Beat Marik to overtake #4.

5. Marik
Lost to 5ive, losing #4.

6. Minus
Beat Eugene, Fizz and Swordgard to take #6. Panelists agreed Minus had more notable wins than Fashoomp.

7. Fashoomp
Beat Carter and Swordgard, but dropped to #7 in favor of Minus, who the panelists agree had more notable wins.

8. Carter
Beat Fizz to rise to #8.

9. Fizz
Lacking in performance.

10. Iliad
Did not attend.

.Marik

is a social misfit
It certainly appears that way right now, but with such a small community devoutly playing B+ it's gonna take a loooong time for people to know the matchups, intricacies, and ultimately tier placings of every character.
Didn't I just say this?

The metagame hasn't developed enough to make an analysis of the finalized metagame.

Speaking of which, the Brawl+ community isn't small, or at least not as small compared to before.

Brawl is dying. The other communities are only going to grow.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Taking top 3 on this rankings list.

Get at my UpSmashing Yoshi.

5ive, I'm coming for you. <3

sswizzbbeatss

Smash Apprentice
lol fizz when u get kicked off the pr
i will be technically placed higher than u.
oh yea u dont have tech skill

Top Bottom