• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ground-release tilts actually work

Flayl

Smash Hero
I thought this was important enough to share in a new topic even though we have a sticky dedicated to this sort of stuff lol

As soon as the importance sinks in please merge this into the sticky.

This is probably already known by a Bowser main but that guy sucks 'cause he never posted it and it would have helped.

The reason your Ground-release tilts are being power-shielded is because you're holding the control-stick too far from the center.

No matter how fast you mash A, Bowser will always begin to crouch/walk if you're holding the control stick too downwards/forwards.

So basically, learn the limit of your control stick's tolerance for Tilting without moving.

Tilt-sticking might bypass this problem completely, I need to test that.

B!squick

Smash Master
It should, however, if you're using default controls, this means you probably have to mash the Grab button to Pummel with your index finger. Other wise, I just don't see your thumb moving fast enough to the C-Stick. Possible, yes, but it's also possible to auto cancel Ganon's DAir when using X or Y to jump. Something I can barely do even on a good day.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
thunderstopping is easiest with x or y :/. i suggest you guys should play melee until your control sticks are fully broken in xd

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Thunderstomping is so easy wtf

anyway, isn't this also the reason why DTilting out of a grab release usually just resulted in a crouch if you got too hasty? We went over this before I think.

But glad to know FTilt works

B!squick

Smash Master
I can do it using the control stick to jump and C-Stick down. It's the X/Y to control stick down + A I have trouble with, lol. Guess I'm just old and not as fast as you youngsters. :p

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It should, however, if you're using default controls, this means you probably have to mash the Grab button to Pummel with your index finger. Other wise, I just don't see your thumb moving fast enough to the C-Stick. Possible, yes, but it's also possible to auto cancel Ganon's DAir when using X or Y to jump. Something I can barely do even on a good day.
1. So?
2. Eh... I and pretty much everyone I know does it with X/Y.

You should never play melee

Flayl

Smash Hero

Good news everyone!

You can pummel with the tilt-stick, and it bypasses the movement problem completely! Just be sure that you reset the c-stick before you tap it again, or it won't register. Also, I don't know if that leaves enough time to tilt if your opponent breaks during a pummel.

What this means is I'm going to make yet another change to my control scheme, haha. Tilt-sticking ftw.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Good find, Flayl--I was wondering why my tilts were being shielded sometimes!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Uh, what you're SUPPOSED to do is learn buffering.

See, the way the game WANTS you to buffer tilts is by timing when you tilt the control stick and press A.

If you're holding the control stick forwards before the buffer window and try to mash A, that doesn't get you anywhere. You have to actually time when you press the control stick forward while pressing the A button.

Tilt stick I guess is fine for that though, since Bowser doesn't have too much use for uncharged Smashes.

B!squick

Smash Master
Ohhhhh!

Bowser's SOOOO fat, Game and Watch can DTilt on one of the second level platforms on Battlefield to totally gimp his recovery!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hahaha Fsmash hahaha.
Oh whatever, the point is C sticking Smashes isn't a big deal for Bowser anyway. You might as well do control stick Smashes which really won't make you lose frames, except in reeeeealy rare situations where you trip while doing a F-smash I guess.

So either way Bowser wins with tilt stick.

I still suggest learning how to buffer tilts properly anyway. Since it'll make you that much more awesome.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I always thought t-sticking was underappreciated because along with the tilts out of GRs it gives you reverse jabs, dtilts and utilts, which I assumed would be useful for Bowser.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Reverse UTilt really should be used a lot more. Well, ok, moderately more, since it has horrible cooldown.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wait, people don't shield and roll away after GRs? Wow. Not to mention the most likely way a Bowser is going to **** up a GR is getting his tilt POWERSHIELDED, not spotdodged.

Just saying, why would anyone spotdodge in that situation? I mean he also has a hit confirmable Jab y'know.

Now getting them to spotdodge after a Jab cancel, that would make more sense.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Grab Release Fsmash works because I will it so.

If it doesn't work for other people, then they just aren't trying hard enough.

Grab Release Fsmash works because I will it so.

If it doesn't work for other people, then they just aren't trying hard enough.
Listen to this man. He knows exactly what he is talking about.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Any mod that reads this: Please edit a note about tilting control stick slightly, using Tilt-stick or simply buffering the hard way into the grab-release thread.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Any mod that reads this: Please edit a note about tilting control stick slightly, using Tilt-stick or simply buffering the hard way into the grab-release thread.

I can do that. Do you want me to link to your thread or just put a tiny message?

Top Bottom