• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gringos in Peru 2014

clubbadubba

Smash Master
the player who lost the 12 char between gohan and boom didn't ever use kirby... there a reason for that or just lost count?

bowl

Smash Cadet
the player who lost the 12 char between gohan and boom didn't ever use kirby... there a reason for that or just lost count?
From his tumblr.

Boom did a 12 character battle with Gohan. The night before he was saying he did good against Isai, taking 7 characters off of isai.

Gohan had only kirby left and didnt want to finish jajaja.

Battlecow

Play to Win
something in the description about which player port is which player would be nice, I have them figured out but it's kinda hard

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
interesting that Alvin is able to beat Marka when Boom seemed to have so much more success against Alvin in the recordings

Sedda

Smash Champion
damn gerson uses the nipple-joystick technique and is as campy as mew2king. coincidence? I THINK NOT

Studstill

Smash Ace
The tournaments > friendlies is a flawed dichotomy because friendlies is a terribly defined term if you can even call it that.
It comes from the sickness that some players have where they feel ****ty after a loss, so ****ty that compensation mechanisms kick in and they invent this incredible structure to justify it.
Steve, uploading videos has been linked to an immune system boost.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
so people have a sickness if they play friendlies or what the hell are you trying to say

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
I've had food poisoning once and those were the most unenjoyable two days of my life. Get well soon Herbert Von Karajan

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Bracket:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrUPZXeaVjPTy5dUMR-c2DZ6ByYfQzrcd

Oh I just realized that Juan from Chile gave me his recordings from the tournament so I can upload those soon too.
Or I can wait till he uploads them then add them to my playlist.

LR5 SuPeRbOoMfAn vs Gerson 1 is the match everyone wants to see :)
Studstill it shows the difference between friendlies and tournament matches.

Last edited:

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Sweet vids. @Karajan what is your tier list of Peru players? What does this list look like if you include Boom? What about Japan? Since you played them all a bunch feel like that insight is more valuable than one tournament

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Sweet vids. @Karajan what is your tier list of Peru players? What does this list look like if you include Boom? What about Japan? Since you played them all a bunch feel like that insight is more valuable than one tournament
Honestly

Jouske >>> Peru
Boom >>> Peru on DL
The only person Boom has trouble with on Hyrule is Marka.
In 12 characters, on Hyrule, Boom >>> Peru

IMO, on Hyrule
Boom - Marka - Alvin are like rock - paper - scisors

Tournament results:
1 :fox64: Alvin
2 :pikachu64: Marka
3 :kirby64: :fox64: :dk64: SuPeRbOoMfAn
4 :pikachu64: Gerson
5 :kirby64: Papachao
5 Ubb
7 Jimmy
7 Tavo
9 César
9 Largo
9 Pepe
9 Yugui

From my experience, excluding boom, on hyrule, of the people i played, I thought it was
Marka
Gerson
Alvin
Papacho
Tavo

There is a :pikachu64: player in Ariquepa who did not come who has never lost a money match against anyone from tacna, including gerson.

*gasp* Boom is stalling?
The rule is that the person who is not in the lead must approach and attack the person who is in the lead. This is because in any other human competition, the losing team or player must score in order to get ahead. Any fighting game with a timer is the same way. Therefore Gerson is stalling. This is a fact. Or, you know, they could play on Dreamland where approaching is WAY less of a disadvantage for the person doing the approach. IN FACT, Gerson wanted to quit that match and play on dreamland because he is good enough at this game to realize the absurd advantage the UNBALANCED stage known as hyrule gives to certain characters in certain positions in certain matchups. Gerson, widely hailed in his country as the best player in Peru, the country that only plays on Hyrule, understands that Hryule is a bad stage for matches which are not friendlies.

skimmed through it and didn't see gerson attempt to downB him once, ****in noob
I recall gerson doing it and then getting hit because boom expected it. maybe in the 2nd match?

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
skimmed through it and didn't see gerson attempt to downB him once, ****in noob
I recall gerson doing it and then getting hit because boom expected it. maybe in the 2nd match?
Gerson started down-b'ing after like 30 minutes. It was actually fairly successful but he did get punished for it once or twice when boom was expecting it/he was predictable

Studstill

Smash Ace
Boom was stalling; I refuse to argue against terribly formed logic any more.

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
It's the opponent's fault if they lose the lead, they deserve to have to approach

also, timers.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
also, looking for clips from Karajan's videos for the last 2 videos for TOJoe's combo video.

If anyone can find any clips, I'd most appreciate them.

Top Bottom