• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gringos in Peru 2014

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Who is going?
Boom (Canada)
Mariguas (Mexico)
Karajan (New Hampshire)​

Countdown to departure: less than or equal to 2 days

Schedule:

Early-Mid August:
Mariguas goes to California to train with Isai​

August 16:
Boom arrives in USA. Will be in the northeast for 10 days before we leave.
He'll be bumming around in my house all day.​

August 22:
Mairguas goes to Lima. He is staying with Jose.
Boomfan comes to the US
August 27:
Me and Boom depart for Lima. We meet up with Pedro.
We get in pretty late and might just go right to sleep lol.
I'll stay up and play as long as others want to play.​

August 28:
Mariguas + Jose, Boom + Me + Pedro, all depart for Tacna on the same plane.
We are getting 2 hotel rooms.
August 30/31
Tacna is hosting a National Tournament.
Players from Mexico, Canada, Chile, and New Hampshire will be there
About 30 people are expected to play.
September 2:
Me, Mariguas, Jose, and Boom go back to Lima
This time we will play all night with Lima players.
September 3:
Me and Boom fly back to the US
September 5:
Smashfest at my house, where people can watch the recordings before they are uploaded to the intertubes and play with boom and me.​

September 6/7:
Boom goes back to Canada.

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Stream benefits: see it right away, chat in real time with the streamers / other watchers, commentary
disadvantages: bad quality, commentary, some streams have a time limit on how long past broadcasts are available

Recording advantages: high quality, permanent, can make it so sedda/mixa cant watch

Sedda

Smash Champion
imo the only thing that needs to be streamed is the tournament. Dont care if you dont let me watch anything else lol. Grow up bro

edit: no 12cb against alancitu?

Last edited:

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
you can upload twitch streams straight to youtube, though yes the quality may suffer if your streaming connection is a little poor. Just try to capture the highest level of gameplay possible to showcase how good peru us. I'm curious to see if they got much better since the Isai chronicles.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
The stream setup will be interesting. Just tested my video recorder and it works great, I effectively can record and stream at the same time. I'll probably use skype for capturing commentary. Hopefully the internet down there is good.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
i will donate an OC and a GAMESHARK to the peruvians

ill let you borrow as many oc's that are available

too bad you cant take GREASE but at least you can show them the way to LUBE UP

i also might donate fresh sticks

EDIT: ill teach you how to use OBS (SLIGHTLY ADVANCED) at zenith, karajan. easy stream + simultaneous capture

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
This will be awesome. Once again Steve, the American smash ambassador, will be chronicling another smash adventure. The only sad thing is, when will @Aerodrome lock this thread?

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
The peruvians described us as gringos

@ KnitePhox KnitePhox Got OBS to work good by capturing the application that does the recording. So N64 video + sound works, just haven't figured out webcam sound yet.

Packing List:
2 Hori's
2 (J) version carts
2 KB adapters
Laptop, recording thingy, 1TB HD
1 air mattress + pump
10 pair underwear, 10 pair socks, 4 pair shorts, 3 pair jeans, 10 shirts
Sega Nomad
Ketchup Chips
Bottled Water

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm psyched for this to happen

make em play some DL with you boom

Is the Chilean kirby who's on par with Tacna that Alphamechanik guy? And is he on par according to the tacnans or the chileans? Cuz I had the distinct impression that he was on par with them in the same way that banze was on par with boom according to the brazilians (just kiddin', <3 banze)

Sedda

Smash Champion
If the Chileans are the ones who said it, then i doubt he's on par. Hate to say it, but when it comes to anything competitive, people anywhere below the border are all talk.

You can't watch any old Alancitu videos without running into tacna players saying how much better they were (back in '08).

That one player "wolf" (I think) from Peru commented on an Alvin video saying that he was a newbie. I mean, come on lol.

We won't know how much better Boom is until her destroys all of them

Battlecow

Play to Win
like one p2p match on DL. Might have even done a MATTS! (not to accuse)

I don't think we have the data to say anything at all but yeah I see where you're coming from now. "On par" is not a totally unreasonable statement to make.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
is alancitu going to the tournament? Do you know if the lima-tacna players have been practicing together at all?

Twilight Sparkle

I don't play Luigi/DK/Samus much
Premium
Just played with Mariguas yesterday night and talked a bit with Alvin too. Looks like both are very excited about the event with players from other countries coming to them.

As good a player as Mariguas is, he's very very nervous about how well he'll do at Peru with all of the top level players there now. It really seems like they've upped their game from what he's been saying, something about the Peru players being on another level.

Marigua's hopeful that heading up to practice with Isai will prepare him for Peru, but even so he doubts he'll get too far. Meanwhile, Alvin is talking a lot about how much they've improved since their last encounter with northern smashers.

TL;DR Peru's probably improved.. like everyone else

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
I'm bringing the lube so

Edit: Other good news, i just checked my frequent flyer mile balance and its like 120K miles lol so either
I bring a good japanese player here for apex or
Boom and I do the same trip but to japan next year

I really hope I can convince the winner of the peru tournament to get a ****ing visitor visa for apex. I'll make sure the prize money is the same as the cost of a visitor visa..

Last edited:

Olikus

Smash Champion
No im back in Norway eating salmon. But Ill be in japan winter/spring 2015, so I might try to join the kansai tournament which is often held at that time.

HEROEdelREVES

Smash Cadet
Do you mean Danny and Alpha?

Is there a way that JPLeal10 (a.k.a House) play with Boom and/or Mariguas and/or another peruvian players online? he's from Argentina wich borders Peru (i'm saying because the ping/delay)

malva00

Smash Master
I don't see MACHU PICCHU in that schedule.

Sensei, I'll let you know once MARIGUAS tells me the exact day.

malva00

Smash Master
You should have one of Tacna's awesome strawberry milkshakes for breakfast in the market. I'll never forget that. Gohan would know where to go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom