• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greil Mercenaries: Ike Friend Finder and Matchmaking

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Can't find what color that is. Okay!

I'm free most of the day today if anyone wants to have any matches. Can tag or pm, added everyone in the thread.

Last edited:

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Can't find what color that is. Okay!

I'm free most of the day today if anyone wants to have any matches. Can tag or pm, added everyone in the thread.
Gotcha, I should be here to play some matches in the afternoon after I'm done working on my project.

Aether9000

Smash Cadet
User Name: Aether9000
In-Game name: Kaz
3DS Friend Code: 3866-8124-6112
Country of Residence: USA all day
Palette Color: Mix of all of them.

mimicmatter

Smash Cadet
Could Anyone tried to sort out all the Tips about Ike during the loading screen ? This might help understand each of Ike moveset !!!!

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
I added almost everyone here btw so feel free to add me to guys.

kaazers

Smash Master
I added everyone.

Also gonna change my In-Game Name to Kaaz since we'd have 2 Kaz's otherwise, haha.

Superluaa

Smash Rookie
NNID
Superluaa
3DS FC
4484-8322-7977
User name: @ Superluaa Superluaa
In-Game name: Aaron
3DS Friend Code: 4484 - 8322 - 7977
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Superluaa
Country of Residence: Australia (western Australia)
Palette Colour: 4,6 and 7
Message: Looking forward to being part of an Ike community :)

Added everyone here, so feel free to add me back!

Last edited:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I added everyone.

Also gonna change my In-Game Name to Kaaz since we'd have 2 Kaz's otherwise, haha.
Okay, cool. I was wondering what would happen with that.

User name: @ Superluaa Superluaa
In-Game name: Aaron
3DS Friend Code: 4484 - 8322 - 7977
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Superluaa
Country of Residence: Australia (western Australia)
Palette Colour: 4,6 and 7
Message: Looking forward to being part of an Ike community :)

Added everyone here, so feel free to add me back!
Adding.

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
So been playing a lot obviously and idk guys ike just feels awful. So many little changes make so many things not work in here and the account of no c stick it's so hard to retreat fair. 3 hit jab is fine but you can't jab to grab or any other shenanigans anymore because the ending lag. Nair feels slower to me while connecting. Dwn tilt is awesome one of the only things I like about him. Maybe because no c stick he seems worse then I think but it's like everything that worked for him before doesn't. I know it is a different game and I shouldn't expect that. Idk I want some other people's opinions on him lets talk tactics etc. rant over lol

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
A lot of things aren't going to work that well until we can get our cstick =)

I'm still trying to figure out alternatives to jab. I'm at a loss for what to do to pressure up close other than bair, and the differences in grabbing throws me off sometimes since he doesn't slide.

mimicmatter

Smash Cadet
A lot of things aren't going to work that well until we can get our cstick =)

I'm still trying to figure out alternatives to jab. I'm at a loss for what to do to pressure up close other than bair, and the differences in grabbing throws me off sometimes since he doesn't slide.
From what I can understand is that Jab2 has too much knockback which make Jab3 very difficult to connect, and it's very proeminant at higher %. Having the dommage reduce from 16 % to 11 % is fine, but seeing this knockback on the second Jab makes it very difficult to have it usefull. If at the very least this wasn't an issue, it wouldn't too bad !

As far as I can tell in general, combo jab are really weak, while infinite jab with finisher are really too powerful. That's pretty lane on this side !

Last edited:

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
Just played at the first "official" tournament in Canada. I definitely feel like Ike's weaker range makes the Lucina, Mario and Greninja matchups difficult. Once they get in, its hard to get them out. Proper DI on Mario's up tilt at low %s is downward and buffering shield, and I'm not sure how to handle Greninja's grab game. Spacing fair on shield seemed to be punishable with how fast his dash grab is.

Silver Forte

Smash Rookie
Since jab isnt as reliable all the time, I find myself using the new down tilt quite a lot, its a great spacing tool on the ground now, and it recovers pretty fast.

Weavile's Wrath

Smash Apprentice
Username: Weavile's Wrath
In-Game Name: Camden
3DS Friend Code: 2036-7851-6356
Wii U Nintendo Network ID: CobaltWeavile
Colors: 1, 7, 8

Last edited:

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
http://youtu.be/ytYNAYCxtYA This is another fight I had with my friend.
lol@thatconditioning he did for the first 2 and a half min. Like wow, talk bout abuse with his thrust. Gonna be honest and say I'd of at least expected ya to catch on to him doing that after the 5th time or so, and retaliate with a counter or something. Also for that marth, lack of off air stage play makes me a sad panda, plenty of times he could of bit the bullet and walked off, countered into your Quick Draw, then recover. Feels like both ya'll were trying to still play it like brawl, but just my thoughts at a quick glance.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
So is he bad or not?

I'm basing my entire Wii U buy prospects on Ike being, at least, middle tier.

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
Hey, have any of you faced captain falcon with Ike? I find it to be a very fun match up.

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
lol@thatconditioning he did for the first 2 and a half min. Like wow, talk bout abuse with his thrust. Gonna be honest and say I'd of at least expected ya to catch on to him doing that after the 5th time or so, and retaliate with a counter or something. Also for that marth, lack of off air stage play makes me a sad panda, plenty of times he could of bit the bullet and walked off, countered into your Quick Draw, then recover. Feels like both ya'll were trying to still play it like brawl, but just my thoughts at a quick glance.
I see what you meant. I fell for that n b a lot in that vid. The playing like brawl thing would probably be because we played that match the day the game came out, so we were still getting used to it.

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
So is he bad or not?

I'm basing my entire Wii U buy prospects on Ike being, at least, middle tier.
Honestly once the wii U version comes out he will be a lot better idk about mid tier though...he's lost a lot and gained little. Even with him hitting the gym hard.

Also guys november 21st we can fight for our friends with gamecube controllers. Confirmed today by sakurai.

Last edited:

Frazal

Smash Rookie
NNID
Frazal
3DS FC
3711-7728-6721
User name: @ Frazal Frazal
In-Game name: Quinn
3DS Friend Code: 3711-7728-6721
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Frazal
Country of Residence: USA
Palette Colour: Black

I'll be adding a majority of the people on this thread later, excited to play you guys.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
User name: @ Evello Evello
In-Game name: Adam
3DS Friend Code: 0473-7825-0053
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: TinyTinyHippo
Palette Colour: glorious yellow Greil!Ike
Message: Make your peace with whatever Smash players worship. Your end is near.

I'm loving fighting as Ike in Smash4. Hopefully I'll be spending some more time on For Glory in the near future, since I had some great initial matches with some incredibly good players (kudos to you, random Sheik who thrashed me).

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
User name: FlintIke
In-Game name: Flint
3DS Friend Code: uhh...
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: soon
Country of Residence: Germany
Palette Colour: Blue(Sigurd),Chrom

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
User name: @ Ekans647 Ekans647
In-Game name: Ekans
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9808-9029
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: I do not have Wii U
Country of Residence: Canada
Palette Colour: Standard
Message: "Woman or man, if you stand against me here, I have to cut you down."

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
Some Ike vs Greninja from a tournament on Saturday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7Mp3x4SwVw There's some other gameplay of mine floating around on the EMG channel. I had a set with Toronto Joe in pools where I won 2-1, but it hasn't been uploaded. There is however a set of the two of us in bracket where he beat me 2-0 with DHD and Sheik, if you care to search for it. As a part of EMG, it'd be great if you guys subscribed, seeing as how it'll be one of the few channels with Smash 4 tournament footage from the 3DS :)

Last edited:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
User name: @ Heartstring Heartstring
In-Game name: G~P / LyraGP
3DS Friend Code: 3668-8856-4736
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: None yet
Country of Residence: UK
Palette Colour: Green
Message: Returning Ike veteran from Brawl. Sad at the sheer lack of buffs Ike received and the total nerf of his godly jab. I still love this character though because he's manly as all hell and I cosplay him. I'm known primarily for being a spacing machine and I run just about every smash thing in the UK.

LOOKS LIKE IM BACK AFTER ALL GAIZ

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
User name: @ Zatchiel Zatchiel
In-Game name: sun / Zay
3DS Friend Code: None
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Zatchiel
Palette Colour: Golden
Message: Another Brawl veteran from the respective Ike boards. I have been lacking sympathy for over three years now (I have made countless psychiatric consultations), and I don't intend to stop fighting for my friends any time soon. As the sun rises, so does my blade.

Prepare yourselves.

My girl Eruption is still too good. <3

Last edited:

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
http://youtu.be/K9nV65xK-yc This is the first for glory match I had, it also happens to be the first online match I had as well. :) It was vs. Pikachu. This is only 1 of many for glory matches I have had since. I have some good Ike vs. Captain Falcon matches I plan to upload soon.

Top Bottom