• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greil Mercenaries: Ike Friend Finder and Matchmaking

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
If balance patches are a thing this thread will be useful for critiques on Ike. Have everything in one place. :) He already confirmed there would be patches so we will see. 1 thing I think should be improved is Ike should not free fall after quickdraw period. He can do 2 quickdraws before he free falls or Quickdraw and Aether. What do you guys think?

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
User name: @ NT 3000 NT 3000
In-Game name: NT3K
3DS Friend Code: 2578-3240-5015
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: NoiseTank3000
Country of Residence: USA
Palette Colour: Palette #6
Message: Excited to be back in the community for smash 4 I hope we can all make ike a force to be reckon with!!

Last edited:

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
If balance patches are a thing this thread will be useful for critiques on Ike. Have everything in one place. :) He already confirmed there would be patches so we will see. 1 thing I think should be improved is Ike should not free fall after quickdraw period. He can do 2 quickdraws before he free falls or Quickdraw and Aether. What do you guys think?
If Ike's inability to grab ledges during reverse Aether are true, I would definitely want that patched. He would be extremely vulnerable against characters with counters, and there are even more of them in this game.

I just want the game to be finally released outside of Japan, so that we Ike mains can, hopefully, debunk the community's grim prospect of Ike being a contender for bottom tier in this iteration.

Come what may, we shall persevere once again!

^-^

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm pretty jaded. It's 2008 all over again.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If Ike's inability to grab ledges during reverse Aether are true, I would definitely want that patched. He would be extremely vulnerable against characters with counters, and there are even more of them in this game.

I just want the game to be finally released outside of Japan, so that we Ike mains can, hopefully, debunk the community's grim prospect of Ike being a contender for bottom tier in this iteration.

^-^
Eh, so far bottom tier isn't quite what it was in previous games. Excluding Smash 64.

I don't see Ike having too many favorable matchups, but at the same time, the top tiers in this game aren't like Brawl's top tiers. Just prove that you have some options against say...Duck Hunt and Rosalina or something, and Ike's probably in an okay spot. Those two characters are probably the most matchup polarizing, so as long as there's reason to believe they're not completely unstoppable, game balance seems pretty solid.

I mean, I've been mostly trying to watch Ganon footage, given he's still clearly really bad. And the more I watch the game, the more I feel the general mechanics are solid and help even out options as a whole. Even Ganondorf in this game, in spite of all his blatant and crippling flaws, can make plays just simply because nobody kills quite as fast in this game, and it's much harder to outright cheese people early.

Last edited:

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
2008 where the first few months we were A tier lol

PS I'll be adding mostly everyone tomorrow or tonight hope to play some of you guys soon. Took 10 days off of work for this lol.

Last edited:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I was a casual until the fall, so I'm not too well versed with the politics of the very beginning :)

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
I may have only started competing last year, but I can definitely imagine the struggle, and with how little seems to have changed with Ike, especially in comparison with some of the lower tier characters of Brawl, it'll take a lot to get this man any respectable placings. If I can scrounge enough money and can make Apex, I look forward to seeing how our character places throughout.

Fathom778

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPSICANEX2
User name: @ Fathom778 Fathom778
In-Game name: allnot
3DS Friend Code: 3668-8991-2947
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Allnot
Palette Colour: Yellow (2nd)
Message: Mained Ike in Brawl and played the days away with him. Re-maining Ike.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
I have only heard of Smashboards back in 2008, began lurking around 2009, and finally created my first account in 2010. Much like how the rest of us began our careers as smashers, I was a casual then. It was Nysyarc's bi-weeklies that caused the transition, which was further influenced by AiB.

It was fun seeing how Ike's tier placement fluctuated in SSBB, and I'm perfectly content with where he currently stands. For that, one of my most memorable Brawl era experiences here was seeing the BBR in nearly unanimous agreement that Ike does not belong in low tier.

^-^

Last edited:

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
Ike won't be bottom tier, he'll probably float around in the mid tier I would be very content if he ends up on the upper end of the mid tier (I know that's probably a lot to hope for but I'm confident we can prove his worth) I'm going to miss all of the QD trickery from PM though :(

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Were you around for the "Ike is the second worst character, just shield and he can't do anything" phase?
Nope. I knew of the existence of smashboards since 2004, but I was in the too cool to research how to beat people at a video game kind of person back then for some reason. I was content with beating my friends, and actually didn't want to be too much better than them at most games since it would ruin any fun.

I only ever joined Smashboards because when I started to go to tourneys, the website for the venue became inactive and people were using smashboards anyways.

@ Fathom778 Fathom778 adding you

Last edited:

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
Yeah Ive known about smashboards for very long time too. I was never a forum goer though. Before brawl came out I joined AIB because it seemed more alive then here at the time. Used AIB so much like it was MySpace or Facebook but for smash lol. Glad I did though I would have never of found out about my tournament scene where I live.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Nope. I knew of the existence of smashboards since 2004, but I was in the too cool to research how to beat people at a video game kind of person back then for some reason. I was content with beating my friends, and actually didn't want to be too much better than them at most games since it would ruin any fun.

I only ever joined Smashboards because when I started to go to tourneys, the website for the venue became inactive and people were using smashboards anyways.

@ Fathom778 Fathom778 adding you
Oh, you missed the fun arguments around that time. Particularly when discussing match ups. And one guy in particular kept hopping from discussion to discussion claiming that.

He got himself banned for being an arrogant idiot and then had a small following on AiB.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Arturo? I remember a guy named Arturito Burrito, but that's it. Don't really remember much from him.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I want to say Inui since everything said so far fits him. lol

I'll add everyone by midnight, which is when I should have the game.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Arturo? I remember a guy named Arturito Burrito, but that's it. Don't really remember much from him.
Yeah that be whom I speak of, wasn't he like a mod or something at one point?
I want to say Inui since everything said so far fits him. lol

I'll add everyone by midnight, which is when I should have the game.
Go lawld, Inui... forgot all bout them.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Yes, it was Inui.

What a moron. Kept claiming Ike was second worse and that shield beat everything of his because "Jab was predictable", couldn't explain why top players were losing to Kirk.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
The good old days of digressing topics are back. Excellent. Should we start a fire emblem discussion here ?
No, direct it ta general ya silly nad. Once midnight hits tho. Also yeah, lets keep this one under 10 pages at least. If people wish to say they added people, they can just edit either their info post stating who's been added, or make a new post and have san edit a link to it for future reference and then just use that one. Not trying to mini mod, but we gotta think of the newcommers yo.

RavenKing50

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bangstar56
3DS FC
3995-6653-8699
User name: Ravenking50
In-game name: RavenKing
3DS Friend Code: 3995-6653-8699
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Bangstar56
Palette Colour: Default

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
No, direct it ta general ya silly nad. Once midnight hits tho. Also yeah, lets keep this one under 10 pages at least. If people wish to say they added people, they can just edit either their info post stating who's been added, or make a new post and have san edit a link to it for future reference and then just use that one. Not trying to mini mod, but we gotta think of the newcommers yo.
I think people are notified when you use @whoever. You can probably just make a new post with a list of notifications.

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
Got my game hitting the lab all night will
Update with little tidbits of info that I find out

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
Walk off dair doesn't fast fall anymore.
Omg where is our kill power lol...fair TL at 150% right side of stage and he lives.
An issue I'm having because of the thumb stick. When I try to back throw and buffer dash attack forward smash is coming out its so frustrating. You need to wait so long to input the direction and then A...
Nair feels laggy...like when it connects it feels much slower not sure how I feel about it yet.
Dairs spike box is a lot harder to get haven't quite figured it out yet.
I know it's already been said but I've tried a few different hit boxs and dwn tilt doesn't seem to spike anymore.
Bair to bair combod at low % didnt test actual % I'll keep editing post as I go.
Back throw dash attack seems to work on heavy characters (DK, charizard around 50%, it worked on rosa at like 40% but then after couldn't do it,
Back throw dash attack does not work on: diddy, little Mac(if he misses tech then it does hit), mario, TL, pikachu, robin, shulk, D3, MK, wario(no more grab release stuff against him), palutena, falcon, greninja

I'll add more tomorrow going to head to bed for now.

Last edited:

mimicmatter

Smash Cadet
So far, from what I can get to the game, I actually like Ike in this game. For a reason or another, he seems more fluid, he is a little faster. To compensate for his better speed sure, his moves are actually a little weaker.

Speaker of power, there is something to mention. In this smash, a lot of people that have tried the smash yet has confirmed that blast zone are very far and people live really long in this game. So we must be careful when comparing Ike's killing move from Brawl to Smash 4. Every characters in the game with this mechanic had their killing moves reduced because of that.

From what I saw, Down tilt isn't a meteor smash anymore, but it is so quick, it could become a very usefull move, same can be said for his down smash.

I will need a lot of pratice for the new Fair, although I really like the Nair, it seems a little stronger actually, and faster, just enough to prevent selfdestruct from pulling it in the air when you're pushed out of the platform !

I still need to test the Dash Attack though, I'm pretty sure it has more priority now and seems to pass any projectile, if it's true, then we will be in good business !

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
I actually like hitting people with QuickDraw since after the attack, you can get out of the move a little bit earlier.
Emphasis on "little."

Last edited:

kaazers

Smash Master
Disregard my avi, I lost a bet... I'll never bet again.

@ san. san. I think you forgot to add me to the list.

Adding everyone here! I should have it done by tomorrow.

Last edited:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I did, must've missed your post, thanks!

Silver Forte

Smash Rookie
Yo guys got the game.

Username: Silver Forte
In-game name- Dan
friend code- 1075-1047-1425
Country- USA
Quote- "Vanguard Forte"

Top Bottom