• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greetings, Mario boards! (Now needing Wolf/Zelda advice!)

Hero Fly Chao

Smash Cadet
Edit: Help me out! read my 2nd post.

You guys are a pretty cool crew. :laugh:

Anyway, I've been a lurker here since january and I'm just posting to introduce myself and look for some skillful Mario smashers for some dittoes. I'm fed up with the GameFAQs crowd...there are so many lame friends there who never keep you on their FC lists.
Hope to get to know you all better and have some challenging rounds. I main Mario, Wario, DK and Ness, so if you're looking for a decent match against one of those characters, I can deliver.

So, uh, to be on topic: do you think Mario's cape is a better gimping tool in this game or in Melee? I'm a Doc mainer from Melee and for me it was easier to cape back then due to no autocancelled up-bs and an inability to grab ledges while backward. But the cape is still loads of fun and very useful in this game. In fact it's one of the best things about Mario, IMO.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
The cape has a more profound effect on your opponent's momentum now plus you can cape glide. The cape is still very effective for edgeguarding and so is the FLUDD.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I main Mario and Ness too. Wario I like to use every now and then. DK's a no-no for me.
This.

I tried using DK for a while in Melee, but it wasn't happening... Ganon's the only heavy character for me!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I main Mario and Ness too. Wario I like to use every now and then. DK's a no-no for me.
Mario and Ness were my mains in Melee and now they are two of my three mains in Brawl. My other main is Wario. I've been running into a lot of people who main at least two of these three characters lately, oddly enough...

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Mario and Ness were my mains in Melee and now they are two of my three mains in Brawl. My other main is Wario. I've been running into a lot of people who main at least two of these three characters lately, oddly enough...
I got 2 other mains: Luigi & Lucario, but I haven't used the latter very much lately :ohwell:.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
i also main ness,idk ness and mario's weight feel pretty similar,alot of mario mains also main ness,i've noticed.
Wow o_O. I only started maining Ness not very long ago.
It used to be the other 3 I mained alot (Mario, Luigi & Lucario).
I even gave Lucas a go at one point till i tried Ness.

Hero Fly Chao

Smash Cadet
Thanks for all the welcoming comments, guys.
You're right Monk, us new guys gotta stick around. :p
Fatmanonice, I found it funny that we main almost the exact same characters too...I'd love to do some dittoes (or even Mario vs Warios) sometime.

In the meantime, I do need some advice on how to handle Zelda and Wolf as Mario.

In Zelda's case, it's difficult to avoid spammed usmashes. As Wario, I can usually goad Zelda into one and attack afterward, but I can't seem to move fast enough as Mario to close the distance after I fake. Fireball approaching is risky since Nayru comes out so quick, she's difficult to gimp, and her Dsmash is idiotically good at KOing Mario, who has paltry horizontal recovery. I can combo well against her once I get close, but it's the approach that I have trouble with.

The really good Wolfies I've fought are beastly, jumping all over the screen with lots of bairs and fairs. His stupid pink reflector interrupts my combos; I go for a dthrow to uair combo and he reflects me before I can get off the uair. :embarrass
He's really not too hard to gimp, even with his sideb going through the platform (cause a capestall can mess with it,) but in this case it's getting him off the platform that's tough.

Thanks for the help.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Against Zelda just air-dodge when she does her u-smash, it's how i avoid it.

Wolf....well I just use the cape for his blaster but don't get too close when he does it.
And that stupid f-smash that moves him forward :mad:.

vato_break

Smash Master
wolfs seem to space themselves really well just use fludd to throw him off,i have alot of trouble with wolves
too.

zeldas like to camp so just cape din fire. you can DI out of her Fsmash sometimes but, it hard. capeing her recover will most likely kill her.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Wolf Players always spam their F-Smash so be aware of that. I guess the best advice is to throw them off the edge because Wolf's recovery sucks. Same goes with Zelda, if you can antipate when she uses Faore's Wind, you can cape it. Both are also fairly easy to Fair.

Top Bottom