• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

efex

Smash Cadet
guess what i finally got a copy of the game for myself, i am trying to unlock everything right now lol

-ZERO-

Smash Cadet
When Friday?
Around 4, 5 pm. But I'm not sure if anymore people are allowed there because it's already going to be Me, Adnan, and Matt(efex).

Lol ya i know :p. i need one badly
Next smash fest will have 5 dollar tourney.
Good idea.

I used to suck at smash, now I'm over 9000!
I hope your body can take it!

guess what i finally got a copy of the game for myself, i am trying to unlock everything right now lol
Have fun, lol.

the problem

Smash Apprentice
Hosting mini-smashfest on Sat.

Sorry, can only bring a few people, and people around my age (or look my age) allowed, parents' rule..

So far, I think (****, I think that's all that can come):
-Imadh [-ZERO-]
-Grmo (Dude, Jeffman's busy on Sat, you still coming?)
-Dzenan [the problem]
-Johnny [CUBE/gutsman0x]

Make sure to bring monies for food.

Maybe someone can bring another Cube for the smaller TV.

lol, we'll see if we can record matches.

Saturday. Be on MSN around 3-4, and I'll IM you to come.
I'll bring my cube =]

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Zoh My God, David is willing to use a serious character.
Ice Climbers are a serious character. I realize making a case for any of my other choices (Ness, Pika and Kirby) would be futile, but Ice Climbers are definitely good enough to win with.

I'm going to play Sheik more often and get her up to par (hopefully) with some good training but I plan to keep playing with the ICs.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers are a serious character. I realize making a case for any of my other choices (Ness, Pika and Kirby) would be futile, but Ice Climbers are definitely good enough to win with.

I'm going to play Sheik more often and get her up to par (hopefully) with some good training but I plan to keep playing with the ICs.
Dude, I'm totally tired of your efforts to kill my Jiggs. lol.
If you go Sheik I'll go Luigi on you, I swear...

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Dude, I'm totally tired of your efforts to kill my Jiggs. lol.
If you go Sheik I'll go Luigi on you, I swear...
I'm not going to play freaking Sheik on your Jiggs. I want to seriously learn the ICs perspective on the match. Jiggs didn't occur to me lol when I picked Sheik.

lol if you like Sheik vs Luigi more than Sheik vs Jiggs that's your choice man. I don't care.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I'm not going to play freaking Sheik on your Jiggs. I want to seriously learn the ICs perspective on the match. Jiggs didn't occur to me lol when I picked Sheik.

lol if you like Sheik vs Luigi more than Sheik vs Jiggs that's your choice man. I don't care.
Lol I know man, I was just joshing you.
But yeah, as of late I pretty much love Luigi vs anyone....... except for Marth.
My god does Luigi hate Marth. :(

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Lol I know man, I was just joshing you.
But yeah, as of late I pretty much love Luigi vs anyone....... except for Marth.
My god does Luigi hate Marth. :(
lol sorry if I exploded or came off snippy. :psycho: Lately I don't know when pplz are being sarcastic over the internets or not. :p

I would definitely love to play your Luigi though lol. Are you busy this weekend? I have no one to smash with :(

D

Deleted member

5 dollar mini tournament? *perks*

Why does Chrnox think he's gonna win, is he the best in Sauga or something? Not intended to flame, just curious as to who is expected to win it

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
ChronoX is good but Andy is better.

Out of the Sauga people, I'd say Andy places highest and does the best. Provided Andy doesn't go (and Runawayfire did) I'd say that Imadh, Nate or James (ChronoX) would take it.

efex

Smash Cadet
-zero- i hope i can make it tomorrow its such a beastly trip from were i am =[

the problem

Smash Apprentice
Well if we did have a tournament just for sauga I think that -Zero- would win. I can't start smash club at my school because...
#1 my school sucks ***
#2 there is no one talented in anything at my school
#3 the teachers hate games
#4 students are complete morons =]

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
hey i had a crazy idea and im gonna try and start a ssbm team in my school. has anybody tried this before?
I tried it. Didn't work out. Turns out anybody at my school who knows how to perform the adv techs comes from Gamefaqs and still clings to the idea that all characters are equal and whatnot. There was one person who actually knew what he was talking about and didn't go to Gamefaqs. But he's long since quit. But he was a cool guy.

More power to you if it works, though. If you can make it work that's gotta be great.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Haha, me too. You're gonna bring a cube, a card and an SSBM, right?

Do you have a cam? Then we can record matches, I have one, and so does Grmo. If you got some, tapes would be good too, but you don't have to bring them, lol.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Adnan did that at my school, that's how I met him, Matt, Jamal, Andre, Grmo, Jeff, and inevitably, everyone else. :)
lol... that one fateful match against this random Link player, the character I had never lost to before, told me that there was some hidden talent in Mississauga that I didn't know about before.

I'll go ask about mini tapes right now actually. If we don't have any I'll pick some up at Futureshop tomorrow on my way.

THEZIMMEISTER

Smash Rookie
btw George Zimmer, caps lock doesn't work on smashboards.
HI... I'M GEORGE ZIMMER - FOUNDER AND CEO OF THE MEN'S WEARHOUSE. IT HAS COME CLEAR TO ME THAT CAPS LOCK DO NOT WORK HEAR. WELL, I CUMMED CLEAR ON YOUR MOTHERS' FACE WHEN SHE KEPT ASKING FOR MORE. HER FACE WAS SO FILLED THAT I CUT OFF MY PUBES THREW THEM AT HER FACE AND CALLED HER ABE LINCOLN. SHE CAME SO HARD SHE GREW A *****. I GUARANTEE IT.

the problem

Smash Apprentice
Man, today was so wicked. Thanks to efex for bringing all the equipment for recording. You're getting better, FAST. Just keep practicing and you'll get there. Lol, I hope those recorded sets are uploaded soon.

the problem

Smash Apprentice
Oh that faithful day..

I remember it like it was yesterday..

(BTW THIS IS ADNAN AND HIS HAX. LIEK I AM TYPING IN CAPS CUZ IT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF)

rofl.

Yeahh...

I remember Matt was like

Bro, this guy is pretty good

I was like Stupid short 9ers

Then the match was made, FD. My Peach vs his Spamus.

I was playing around in that match for awhile. Noticed that he was pretty **** good, I was down 3-2. Then I started playing serious but I kept getting hit by HIS STUPID CHARGED CANNON. I was STUPID SHORT ASIAN KID WHOM I DONT KNOW! STOP THAT **** :[.

I remember we had a huge audience and everyone was like :000 o0o0o0ohhhh Adnan is not the best in the school anymore o0o0o0ohhhh

Then weeks later I found out he mained Falco....

:mad: !

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
I wanna play with you :]]]]

DONT GO EMO

Then you'll quit and then eye-sees will never exist in our group :[
:( I actually would like to play my Sheik vs your Peach for testing. I need my Sheik to like, not suck. Because my Sheik is wonderfully, marvelously, overwhelmingly bad right now.

:( I hate living in a geographically inconvenient location. Nobody in Sauga can make it out here without using supernatural powers.

Does anyone live in Toronto somewhere accessible by Bus/TTC? Because I can't make it out to Sauga every weekend and there's no one in Thornhill who plays competitively anymore.

RUN YOU ARE GOIN DOWN MY PIKACHU AND ICS WILL LIKE ATTACK WITH MOVES!!!!

And then likely get rested. :(

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
:( I actually would like to play my Sheik vs your Peach for testing. I need my Sheik to like, not suck. Because my Sheik is wonderfully, marvelously, overwhelmingly bad right now.

:( I hate living in a geographically inconvenient location. Nobody in Sauga can make it out here without using supernatural powers.

Does anyone live in Toronto somewhere accessible by Bus/TTC? Because I can't make it out to Sauga every weekend and there's no one in Thornhill who plays competitively anymore.
What subway station do you live closest too?

Maybe I can travel.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Finch. I can get to the TTC fine and move around Toronto wherever but Sauga can be hell for me.
When I'm @ my uncles I'm close to Downsview, and the bus that takes me to Downsviews also goes by Sheppard/Yonge. Just maybe one weekend I can come, really. And Marco lives close to Finch :00

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
When I'm @ my uncles I'm close to Downsview, and the bus that takes me to Downsviews also goes by Sheppard/Yonge. Just maybe one weekend I can come, really. And Marco lives close to Finch :00
I don't know who Marco is :O But I'm happy knowing there is the existence of another smasher that is reachable.

Also awesome!

btw who's Marco? And is he impossibly good?

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I don't know who Marco is :O But I'm happy knowing there is the existence of another smasher that is reachable.

Also awesome!

btw who's Marco? And is he impossibly good?
Jagg in Smashboards.

Crazy Falco guy. And crazy caffiene freak. He's really good O_O I'm surprised you havn't talked to him about a low tier match, his DK is pretty nasty.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Well, he's been quiet lately, unheard of. If anyone can contact him (Ryan) please do and tell him to post up here again, and tell him Adnan wants his number so he can contact him about ****.

Top Bottom