• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Great Tactic.

You know how when you jump and do an attack near the edge it cancels your jump??????
Well If youre shielding on the edge you can jump and aerial way faster than you would be able to if you were to just jump. its useful for sheiks fair because usually when you shffl a fair with her, she goes to high. so you could use this to like combo and stuff with like marths fair:
do it and fair, then jump back with another, same with luigi and maybe others.
wow i havent posted in melee disc in a while. :p cool though, but not THAT useful. discuss.

Jedi (Marth)

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure about what you mean either, does this involve drop-aerials from the ledge or what are you talking about when you say jumps are cancelled fighting from the ledge?

I thought this would happen lol. I dont think im willing to explain it anymore in depth.
hmm. well when you do an atack after a jump while falling off the edge the jumps cancelled. and if you have momentum from someone attacking your sheild even once while youre next to the edge, then when you do and aerial out of your shield, you just fall off the stage and its instant. uses were explained in post 1. dont get it, dont try it.

its also good with mario uair combozzzzz.

Doraki

Smash Lord
I really don't see what you're talking about...
you try to jump, but you're sliding so you fall off the stage instead and then you're doing an aerial (preferrably not fox's fair) ?
isn't that simply sliding off the platform/stage and doing an aerial ?

I really don't see what you're talking about...
you try to jump, but you're sliding so you fall off the stage instead and then you're doing an aerial (preferrably not fox's fair) ?
isn't that simply sliding off the platform/stage and doing an aerial ?
yes but out of sheild. combo from it duh. :)

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Are you suggesting doing an aerial after you get pushed off an edge while shielding? Because you start in a tumble, and it takes time to untumble and aerial, at which time you're certainly past the edge and cannot momentum-cancel an attack.

Momentum-cancelling attacks off of edges is extremely useful, but I don't see how jumping out of shield to do it is any faster than just jumping to do it. But any way you can do it is probably a good one.

REØ

Smash Lord
Silent Wolf knows what he is talking about I tried it with Mario and it worked but you need a small amount of time to get used to it.

also being on dreamland helps cause the wind and yea. sorry im not describing it too well, for i am in melee disc and do not care so much as to the amount of details i give. but its not that useful at all, just somethin a little different, and something to use in that rare situation.

psst, its not too much of a "great tactic"

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
Can you platform cancel aerials very well? tell me how.

oh btw, can you "thunders combo" (shine>jab) but replace the jab with reverse utilt?

Fox platform cancel well? No. Edge cancel? definitely.
why not just jab, then do the reverse utilit?
shouold ask that in the fox forums, in the questions thread.
no need to bump way old threads :p

Top Bottom