• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Great Pokemon Website

Tijaro

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Bros. has always been a passion of mine, but so has Pokemon. And over the years I have been to numerous PKMN websites for info, tricks, tips, etc...
And out of all the sites I have been to, by far the best would have to be www.serebii.net

It always provides up-to-date info on the latest things happening in the world of Pokemon, and stellar tips and strategies ranging from detailed info on all 400-something PKMN, to the nitty-gritty on that whole EV (Effort-Value) Training.

If you are a hard-core PKMN fan, then you should take the time out of your "busy" day to visit www.serebii.net and experience first-hand the convenience of highly-organized Pokemon information.

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice
Super Smash Bros. has always been a passion of mine, but so has Pokemon. And over the years I have been to numerous PKMN websites for info, tricks, tips, etc...
And out of all the sites I have been to, by far the best would have to be www.serebii.net

It always provides up-to-date info on the latest things happening in the world of Pokemon, and stellar tips and strategies ranging from detailed info on all 400-something PKMN, to the nitty-gritty on that whole EV (Effort-Value) Training.

If you are a hard-core PKMN fan, then you should take the time out of your "busy" day to visit www.serebii.net and experience first-hand the convenience of highly-organized Pokemon information.
Did you just figure that out? O.O
Anyway, serebii kicks all other pokesites' arses.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
So... I haven't seen your other posts, but 1/3 of your posts are advertising for a pokemon forum? That's kinda sad.

Knowing how Serebii operates, I can tell you're not a bot sent by serebii. You're probably some random 10 year old that spends too much time on their forums.

Oh yeah, and serebii's guides have a good deal of errors. I remember going through and finding all of them, and posting it in the site suggestions portion of their forums. No action was taken. Serebii nor any of the rest of the auth even replied to my topic. Their EV training guide has several critical mistakes in it, and in their IV guide they also have some mistakes, including a freaking math error that they then use to say "the formula isn't perfect." Well, of course it's not perfect; you're using a different freaking formula. Otherwise, their strategy sections are pretty much useless. I remember disproving over 2/3 of the suggestions. I doubt they've changed anything since.

As far as their moveset recommendations go, a lot of their older analyses are absolutely horrendous. IIrc they got someone else to start doing the pokemon analyses, someone who actually knows something about the game. So the more recent ones are better. Even so, www.smogon.com is by far superior for anything related to battling. Using serebii for ingame stuff is fine, but if you want to make a team that will actually perform well against humans, do yourself a favor and stop idolizing serebii; turn to smogon for that.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
It always provides up-to-date info on the latest things happening in the world of Pokemon,
Yes.

and stellar tips and strategies ranging from detailed info on all 400-something PKMN, to the nitty-gritty on that whole EV (Effort-Value) Training.
No.

Serebii is very very nice for current media info, but for battling, no. A large majority of its older guides are filled with horrid movesets and 252/252/4 EV spreads.

Tijaro

Smash Cadet

So... I haven't seen your other posts, but 1/3 of your posts are advertising for a pokemon forum? That's kinda sad.

Knowing how Serebii operates, I can tell you're not a bot sent by serebii. You're probably some random 10 year old that spends too much time on their forums.

Oh yeah, and serebii's guides have a good deal of errors. I remember going through and finding all of them, and posting it in the site suggestions portion of their forums. No action was taken. Serebii nor any of the rest of the auth even replied to my topic. Their EV training guide has several critical mistakes in it, and in their IV guide they also have some mistakes, including a freaking math error that they then use to say "the formula isn't perfect." Well, of course it's not perfect; you're using a different freaking formula. Otherwise, their strategy sections are pretty much useless. I remember disproving over 2/3 of the suggestions. I doubt they've changed anything since.

Leafgreen386,
Before you smear everything I say, why don't you consider the context of my message and think before you speak.
I said the website was GOOD, not perfect. Yeah it has some errors, every site does. But by far, serebii has the MOST ACCURATE information out of all the sites I've visited. I've been playing PKMN for roughly 8 years now, and I can testify that most of serebii.net's data is accurate. I put up this post so that people could see and decide for themselves the effectivenes of that site; I did not put up this post for you to make snide remarks about me and my posts.

Top Bottom