• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Great Bay Banned ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Because we play with a stock and time limit.
If people have equal stocks when the time runs out then the person with the highest percentage loses.
Fox players for example can exploit this rule by lasering once (getting a lead in %) and simply run for 8 mins to win the match.

HAEMO_LACRIA

Smash Cadet
Run for 8 minutes without getting hit sounds impossible to me. And that tactic you described with fox can be done in almost every map

Garath331

Smash Apprentice
Fox and Falco can forward B between the bottom two platforms forever. The only way to get them is with another Space Animal's laser.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
I am pretty sure that it is because of the two platforms under the main part and some characters ability to move between them. Like shiek and the space animals. Even though excessively stalling the match in any form is technically banned I think they found it easier to ban the stage.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Run for 8 minutes without getting hit sounds impossible to me. And that tactic you described with fox can be done in almost every map
First off, good players can actually do that. Second of all, it doesn't usually happen that way. Say the match has 1 minute left, and both players are at 0% with 1 life left. That's usually when it would happen, or something along those lines. And you can't do that with fox on every map. Some maps, yes. But try doing that to Marth on Battlefield and see where it gets ya. lol

shadydentist

Smash Lord
Stages with a big divide in it are usually banned for the reasons of camping. Such as Peach's Castle, fourside, Great Bay, Venom, etc.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Regarding Venom and Peach's Castle - to say nothing of the always-present walls to Shine/Drillshine infinite against.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Don't forget that little ceiling where you automaticaly die if you don't tech. And the edges are quite Battlefield-like.

However, double-missles with Samus is too good on this stage. :chuckle:

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
also, even if you barely get hit on the left side of the stage, you die. there is like no space over there. and the area under the bridge is easy for spamming and there wont be any recoveries.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
In my opinion when i play casual i hate thise stage the most because of recovery cancel like a ***** it's ****ing anoying as hell (and also samus missles and recovery are god on great bay)

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
The left edge is monster close, and the right edge is monster far. And you can't grab the side of the turtle.

BlargCow

Smash Journeyman
Marth tipper under the bridge is death, too hard to tech that >.<

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Fox and Falco can side b under the stage, to make it impossible to keep up with them, unless you're also Fox or Falco. Many characters can stall under the stage and still attack their opponent if they are on the top platform, like Jigglypuff..

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
WTF tournament allows that stage?

Another reason to ban the stage is characters with very powerful throws, like Ness or Mewtwo, who can sit on the platforms below, grab you, and toss you under there. Sure you can tech it, but it's a lot harder to tech a more powerful throw (like Ness or Mewtwo).

Eggz

Smash Hero
Wow melee discussion is ****ing ********. Every single person in this thread has basically repeated the same information over and over again.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Because we play with a stock and time limit.
If people have equal stocks when the time runs out then the person with the highest percentage loses.
Fox players for example can exploit this rule by lasering once (getting a lead in %) and simply run for 8 mins to win the match.
This is the same reason why Hyrule was banned near the beginning of tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom