• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grappler (I hardly know her...)

AsymptoteG

Smash Rookie
Just curious about others' thoughts on Samus' grapple beam, but would anyone else like her aerial grapple to work like it did in Melee? I think that if I'm close enough to grapple the ledge directly, I could do so without the beam, but if I'm well below the ledge and need that extra boost upwards, that's when I would want her grapple to stick to any wall.

And if any of the people that have worked on the game know, how possible (if at all) would it be to implement this?

AsymptoteG

Smash Rookie
Ah, that's unfortunate. Thank you for all the hard work you guys have put in so far! This is the game I always thought Brawl should be.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I feel like her pivot and dash grabs are considerably slower than her standing grab. Is this supported by the frame data? It seems a bit awkward.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
even though I do miss the melee grapple, her new grapple is incredible now that I'm used to it.
you have a ledge stall and it's amazing.

the only problem is that every once in awhile it seems to just cancel for not good reason.

LydianAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
you can still do a rising grapple of sorts but its situational
most times for me it doesn't really help when she's too far but it might be my timing.

does anyone know what it's called when you jump, air dodge and zair right away? its almost like a DJC. its faster than her shffls and has some pretty good reach if you time it right.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
yeah I've noticed that too. It seems like a mechanic problem that needs to be addressed.
It's very frustrating because you often end up dying for no good reason, which really isn't ok.
it's already cost me games.
We haven't had a big 3.0 tournament in cleveland yet, but I'd like it to be addressed before too long.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
It's a Brawl mechanic. You can only tether a ledge 3 times before it fails. Once you get back on the stage, the counter for it resets.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
It's a Brawl mechanic. You can only tether a ledge 3 times before it fails. Once you get back on the stage, the counter for it resets.

That's not what they're talking about. Sometimes, the grapple beam just completely fails to grab the ledge on the first try, despite visibly snapping to it.

LydianAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
I love jump -> neutral or forward air dodge (super close to the ground almost like a WD) -> Zair
its almost like a DJC and the reach is nice. if you do it too quick it won't come out though. or its length will be shortened.

MVP

Smash Ace
That's not what they're talking about. Sometimes, the grapple beam just completely fails to grab the ledge on the first try, despite visibly snapping to it.

i absolutely hate this.... and i have no idea why it happens. i've lost 3 or 4 sets already because it comes down to my last stock, i zair, and it stalls.... :glare:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I've mainly only had it happen if there is something in the way when grappling such as Randall on Yoshi's Story or when trying to grapple the ledge when Samus is above the ledge's height.

Top Bottom