• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grabbing with a bomb (Don't get too exited yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
What happens if you sheild while holding a bomb and press A? Do you just throw the bomb or something? What if you pull out a bomb, and hold down A then press Z? Or what if you did the same thing but instead of Z pressed L/R and A? ok, third opotion is a wild guess. Ignore it if necessarry.
Unfortunately everything you said there does the same thing Bomber. Shielding with a bomb and pressing only let's you throw the bomb just after shield (mind you it's a very good technique which I had thought of earlier). Shielding with a bomb and pressing Z does the same thing. TL shields and immediately throw the bomb. And the exact same thing with your last suggestion. Sorry Bomber. We'll just have to look at the theoretics of this discovery a bit more analytically. Agreed?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Well I know dash attack canceling to pick up the bomb then grab or pivot grab doesn't work, because you either cancel your attack or ...just do it.

NearZzz

Smash Lord
You're not the actual Near are you. Anyway do you think this worked because he held A just during down-B and then grabbed? It's really weird
Yes....O_o
Anyway i experimented with the method i mentioned earlier and had no results, so I'm unsure as to what causes it.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
yeah I left for a while and just got back and yeah nothing I said worked. and I eve tried throwing a bomb up and pressing Z to grab my opponent when the bomb was on my head but it didnt work. I even tried sheilding and c-up but no luck.

Gosh, I wish you would have recorded that match on your Wii. then you could just get some1 here to post it for you. hmmmm. Anyone got some creative ideas? cuz pul,ling a bomb out and hodling A doesnt work, just pressing Z doesnt work, but here is something I thought of.

was you controler modded?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Pressing any attack/grab button throws the bomb.
Jump Canceling throws the bomb
Trying to DAC throws the bomb
Trying to Boost Grab, throws the bomb. (you do a DACIT)

You need to negate that somehow

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Pressing any attack/grab button throws the bomb.
Jump Canceling throws the bomb
Trying to DAC throws the bomb
Trying to Boost Grab, throws the bomb. (you do a DACIT)

You need to negate that somehow
That's exactly what I was implying in my reply.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Sorry for not responding. SB moves a lot faster than AiB...
Alright, now for finer details.
I was on battlefield against my friend's Metaknight.
I was attempting to do a Zair while holding a bomb and then throw the bomb.
Somehow, my timing for the Zair was off and instead I landed and instantly grab while holding the bomb. (Just to clear things up, I WAS holding it. It was not dropped)
I freaked out a little, pummeled until the grab break (it was a ground break) and immidiatly through the bomb. I was not using recording equipment at the time and it lasted over 3 minutes. Help pl0x?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
So you were HOLDING the bomb as you pummeled?

Because I was thinking you just iBombed a drop then buffer a grab in your zair timing mistake, causing you to grab with the bomb next to you, so you can then throw it shortly afterward.

Well...my hypothesis is pretty close to grabbing with a bomb...

right...? ._.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
hmmmm maybe he has something there cuz I have failed Zair plenty of times where it comkes out but im on the ground so it does notthing, so maybe if you fail a Zair on purpose and then grab it coould serve as a good mindgame cuz your opponent will wana sheild.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Well i got hit in the air right when i pressd my grab button and it let me attempt to tether recover with a bomb in my hand.
That's because you're in the air and Hookshot operates like that in the air near the ledge.

That has been known really. I do it sometimes.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Sorry for not responding. SB moves a lot faster than AiB...
Alright, now for finer details.
I was on battlefield against my friend's Metaknight.
I was attempting to do a Zair while holding a bomb and then throw the bomb.
Somehow, my timing for the Zair was off and instead I landed and instantly grab while holding the bomb. (Just to clear things up, I WAS holding it. It was not dropped)
I freaked out a little, pummeled until the grab break (it was a ground break) and immidiatly through the bomb. I was not using recording equipment at the time and it lasted over 3 minutes. Help pl0x?
Awesome this helps a lot. If you remember anything else at all no matter how insignificant it may seem, then don't hesitate to let us know. I'm gonna check this out and see if I can do it. Just quickly you said you were attempting to do a zair then throw the bomb, I think you were about to land, you tried to zair but somehow it didn't work (we can't forget that he was planing on throwing the bomb after the Zair, he may of hit A at some point) did you hit A, did you hit Zair more then once or did the Zair somehow cancel into a grab.

Also Havokk, I checked out the CPU's and it appears they do act the same way as people in a normal brawl but not in training. For some reason in training, even though your P1, if you grab P2 and are interupted with a bomb you will not get any knock back/hitstun. But if you do the same thing to P3 or P4 they won't get any knock back/hitstun. In short, everything is the same exept P2 CPU in training, which is why I got so confused.

Alzi

Smash Master
Do you think to grab with a bomb we have to some how grab before toon link has the bomb in his hand. Say you grab a bomb air dodge then zair realise for a few seconds or so you don't see the bomb then after woulds it's visible again.

It's about 1 second then it's visible again. Maybe thats why we can air dodge and zair with a bomb in our hand? Has anyone tryed grabbing a bomb out air dodging so you land on the stage then quickly grabbing somehow?

Sorry for these weirds thoughts that proberly won't work but somehow just maybe someone might figure somthing out by reading my weird thoughts and finding somthing else out lol.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Do you think to grab with a bomb we have to some how grab before toon link has the bomb in his hand. Say you grab a bomb air dodge then zair realise for a few seconds or so you don't see the bomb then after woulds it's visible again.

It's about 1 second then it's visible again. Maybe thats why we can air dodge and zair with a bomb in our hand? Has anyone tryed grabbing a bomb out air dodging so you land on the stage then quickly grabbing somehow?

Sorry for these weirds thoughts that proberly won't work but somehow just maybe someone might figure somthing out by reading my weird thoughts and finding somthing else out lol.

Just tried it, nothing worked.

SuSa

I really don't think this is practically recreatable.

I'm also doubting it's ever really happened, people are seeing things.

Until I see a vid, I'm not going to bother testing this anymore, I've spent almost 2-3 hours doing every possible combination of controls I could think of, and nearly every scenario.

EDIT:
w000000000t. Post # 2500 :) I'm officially a Smash Master /throw me a party, k?

Alzi

Smash Master
I set up my wii as i coudn't wait until friday and i had some wifi matches and after it i went in training mode and tried to grab with a bomb in my hand and coudn't find nothing.

I am guessing that we won't know how to grab with a bomb until the new smash bro's game comes out lol. Might want to do some testing with link as well maybe he is diffrent in some way and can grab with a bomb in his hand.

BlueShield

Smash Cadet
Grabbing with a bomb... Wow, that could be the very base line for the best combos. Maybe even chain grabbing, maybe. But it is possible to FSmash while holding a bomb. If anyone wanted to know.

BlueShield

Smash Cadet
I agree with Havokk. Was there any outside movement that happened at the exact moment you grabbed? Everyones really trying to crack this, huh?

Alzi

Smash Master
Also @ Alzi

I tried using Link as well, nothing.

It's not the character thats the problem, its the game physics....
True.

Could young link ever grab with a bomb in melee? If so we might figure somthing from there if not then we have no hope of finding out how to grab with a bomb. I don't think you can anyway. :/

Alzi

Smash Master
Melee's physics =/= Brawl's physics

Young Link =/= Toon Link

....just stating the truth...
I was just thinking. Since somtimes idea's like these can lead into other ideas. It works in movies so it should work with the situation we have here. :laugh:

SuSa

I was just thinking. Since somtimes idea's like these can lead into other ideas. It works in movies so i should work with the situation we have here. :laugh:
Movies rarely depict real life scenarios, or solutions.

Unless someone gets a vid, I put my

Havokk's Seal of "Let This Die" (Until further evidence is brought) seal onto this thread.

And with that, unless its to correct somebody, I am gone.

*vanishes*

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah unless I get more information on how it happened, then I'm not going to bother trying to get this again. I've wasted so much time already.
Demonictoonlink, is there anything else you can remember?

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
This'd be easier to try with throwing items in training mode that don't explode, lol. I'll have to post again in the morning if I find something, I'm going to try picking up the item with a DAC grab.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
This'd be easier to try with throwing items in training mode that don't explode, lol. I'll have to post again in the morning if I find something, I'm going to try picking up the item with a DAC grab.
Already tested it, that doesn't work. It cancels out your entire animation with an item grab.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
i totally didnt read much furthur past my last post but did we say if he was using a modded controler, cuz you know sometimes people go wacky on modding their controler so thay can do a tech easily like one of the fox players I playes friday moded his controler oddly so he could shine spike easily.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i totally didnt read much furthur past my last post but did we say if he was using a modded controler, cuz you know sometimes people go wacky on modding their controler so thay can do a tech easily like one of the fox players I playes friday moded his controler oddly so he could shine spike easily.
Pretty sure that's illegal in tourneys. <_<

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
That's not illegal at tournies. U can turn tap jump off, bstick, w/e u like. Ive come to the conclusion that this thread's OP is trolling cause Ive tried every possible way, combination of buttons, scenarios and stuff like fsmash with bomb but with grabs but cant replicate it. So either his mind deceived him or hes a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom