• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grabbing with a bomb (Don't get too exited yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
wat is this discovery cba to look through the thing
I think it's this

DTL, Let me just set the 'bomb break' straight. After talking to Havokk about it earlier in this thread, I've come to completely understand how this works. Just incase anyone else doesn't know, I'll tell you. If you get a bomb to explode on both you and the person you are holding, the person with the highest player port will recieve damage but no knock back. Example, you are player 3 and a meta knight is player 2, If you do the 'bomb break' you will get a free shot. But if you are player 2 and your opponent is player 3 then he will get the free shot. Do you get it? So if you want this to work, then you've got to choose a higher player port.

What you are doing is testing this in training mode, against a Meta knight. In training mode you are always Player 1. Doing the Bomb break in traing mode is different to a normal brawl. If you do it in training mode, even though you have a lower player port (Player 1) The bomb break for some reason, will work on Player 2. This is not normal and will not work outside of training mode.

I hope you all understand now how the bomb break works.

Ashraf23

Smash Apprentice
OK i have tried everything.
Tried some of my own stuff
Researched it
etc

It doesnt exist. I think you just didnt know what you saw lol.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
You could grab someone and beat them in the head with a bomb!
I'm not so sure about this. Toon link holds the bomb with his right hand, the same hand he would normally be using to hold his shield. When Toon link grabs someone he uses his right hand to hold the grapple hook thingie and uses his left hand to hit the with the handle of his sword (I know, why not just stab them). This got me thinking.

There are some moves that Toon link uses while holding a bomb that require his right hand to be free, such as shooting an arrow or doing Zair. When this happens the bomb will temporarily disappear, the bomb will still count down the time before it explodes but you can't see it while he is using his right hand. Are you seeing where I'm going with this?
DemonicToonlink, How could you see the bomb when you where holding Meta knight with your right hand? When Toonlink uses Zair the bomb disappears so why should this be different to his grab? Now I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and presume that the bomb disappears while the chain goes out but then reappears once your holding him. If this is the case then grabbing with a bomb is now made simpler. All we need to do is make the bomb disappear instead of throwing it. So if you did somehow cancel the Zair into a grab then the same principles should apply for canceling an arrow into a grab.
Interesting much?

(Off topic, isn't my new pic cool?)

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Wow... Good thoughts. I can't exactly remember, tbh, but I am pretty sure you could see the bomb. I believe that is what triggered my friend and I to stop and examine the screen

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
Are u sure you threw the guy first and then you were spamming the b down super hard or that you threw the bomb up and forgotten about it and then u threw the guy while spamming a and then you grabbed the bomb and u thought it was in your hands, or where u on the ship and u grabed your friend and then the pirates started shooting u with the bomb. Im just making up random scenarios.

Are you sure you didn't just shield so the bomb goes away and then press z so the bomb was in your hand that would make alot more sense

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
Wait... if you change C-stick to grab, and you press it while holding a bomb and cause a shield, could it possibly glitch and shield grab?

No. It'd be the same thing as pressing z (grab) while in a shield while holding a bomb.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
i don't use toon link at all, just for fun but i used zair while holding a bomb :s
saved a replay if ya want.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Lazee bumped this, then every post after him was just pulling it back up.
Which is pointless.

There's no point in posting here.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
@DTL
We need more info for this to work.

What controller port were you?

What port was MK?

When did you take out the bomb?

Were you on the stage or a platform?

How much was your timing off by?

Did you hear anything you shouldn't have (the sound effects for: zair, picking up a bomb, any attack, etc.)?

In contrast were any sounds missing (grab sound (the chain or the noise made when the grab connects), sound for the landing animation (there is one, right?), sound for the bomb pull, etc.)?

What were you trying to throw the bomb with before the grab?

COULD YOU PLEASE GET THAT GODDAM LURKING MK OVER HERE TO, AT THE VERY LEAST, BE A WITNESS AND COMPARE STORIES!?!?!?

Have we tried a zair cancel to a grab (like canceled so fast it can't even come out)?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Ppl its been proven like for the 100,000,000 time that this is not possible. So stop bumping this thread like sasuke said. Or chip will have to take drastic measures.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Instead of completely getting rid of this idea, why don't we put this up in the projectiles thread?
I do, however, agree with locking this thread.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
HDrev- no tinks has been able to pull this off YET. *hopes for chip to not lock this threadl*
Fixed for you.

As a last word before tlms convinces Chip to lock this, the main thing we could have tried nut didnt was getting multiple mains to try this. This technique i think will have 3 possible outcomes if it is indeed possible:

1) this is a link/ hookshot technique only. Meaning only link and toonlink will be able to do this. We had 1 or 2 links in here but i dont think we went to great lenths testing it between these two charcters.

2) This is a tether only technique. Only those with tether grabs and/or zairs will be able to pull this off. Meaning we would also have to collaborate with link, samus, zamus, and maybe lucas but his zair isnt an attack so idk.

3) This is a universal technique that every character can use. Meaning if we got the whole smash community looking into this someone *might* find out this is possible.

Of course the latter 2 will me more useful to those who can generate their own items but items can be passed.....

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Fixed for you.

As a last word before tlms convinces Chip to lock this, the main thing we could have tried nut didnt was getting multiple mains to try this. This technique i think will have 3 possible outcomes if it is indeed possible:

1) this is a link/ hookshot technique only. Meaning only link and toonlink will be able to do this. We had 1 or 2 links in here but i dont think we went to great lenths testing it between these two charcters.

2) This is a tether only technique. Only those with tether grabs and/or zairs will be able to pull this off. Meaning we would also have to collaborate with link, samus, zamus, and maybe lucas but his zair isnt an attack so idk.

3) This is a universal technique that every character can use. Meaning if we got the whole smash community looking into this someone *might* find out this is possible.

Of course the latter 2 will me more useful to those who can generate their own items but items can be passed.....

Still not fixed sorry

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
as fixed as its going to get for now.

no other toon is as optimistic as i am so it may stay that way:(

VietGeek

Smash Hero
At this point, Viet only believes that Demonic mistimed a AD zair and did an accidental IBomb drop while buffering a grab at that point.

The result, a bomb extremely close to TL, which could be thrown immediately after one has thrown the foe.

You guys should've taken a screenshot. <_<

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
At this point, Viet only believes that Demonic mistimed a AD zair and did an accidental IBomb drop while buffering a grab at that point.

The result, a bomb extremely close to TL, which could be thrown immediately after one has thrown the foe.

You guys should've taken a screenshot. <_<
May I ask why you always speak in third person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom