• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grabaholics Anonymous

sToRm07

Smash Cadet
Are you constantly finding yourself mashing the z button in a blind, raging, grab-wanting fury?

And are you getting mercilessly pwned for it?!

Well..

you might be a....

GRABAHOLIC.

i am sadly... :/

perhaps being too grab-happy when their are myriad better options - along with too few high quality IC representation in tourneys (like Hylian, Kawaii Bunny, Melee1 and others) is a key factor why IC's went down -2... :/

screw the anonymous - lets discuss this!

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Don't grab so much. Spam more FSmash and Blizzard. =D

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Don't rely on grabs, if you can go a few games without grabbing, it will improve your game in general.
You won't always be able to grab them.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I'm a grabaholic during friendlies, but mostly I try not to grab as much, and stick to blizzard/Squall abuse. :)

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'm the opposite, I tend to not grab enough. My average matches with Ice Climbers usually result in me only grabbing about once per match when Nana is by me.

lain

Smash Master
Wow.

I don't understand the "ethics" of cg'ing with you people.

**** people. Slap em in the face. gg's.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I'm no grabaholic unless I just want to fool around CGing, just for fun. But on friendlies or on a competition? Nah. ;D

Dë êdo sûd ïdtõhjkudt kxaj cèç.

Edit...
Whoops, made an opposite statement right thar; changed when to unless if anyone noticed.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
i wish i could be a grabaholic but i dunno how to get the chain grab right on any character.lol i still have yet to verse anyone who does a solid ic infinite.

the ice climbers are like..awesome at grabbing.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Are you constantly finding yourself mashing the z button in a blind, raging, grab-wanting fury?

And are you getting mercilessly pwned for it?!

Well..

you might be a....

GRABAHOLIC.

i am sadly... :/

perhaps being too grab-happy when their are myriad better options - along with too few high quality IC representation in tourneys (like Hylian, Kawaii Bunny, Melee1 and others) is a key factor why IC's went down -2... :/

screw the anonymous - lets discuss this!

I like your sig. You listen to Hardstyle?

Eh, I suck with IC. I can't CG very well so I tend to spam Bairs and blizzards until I can get an opening. Dash Attack -> Uair, Squall Hammer -> Uair. Hitlag desynchs, desynch blocks/blizzards. All of these make IC good.

We have threads like this all the time. We all know what makes IC good ASIDE from grabs. We just need to work on applying.

sToRm07

Smash Cadet
I like your sig. You listen to Hardstyle?

Eh, I suck with IC. I can't CG very well so I tend to spam Bairs and blizzards until I can get an opening. Dash Attack -> Uair, Squall Hammer -> Uair. Hitlag desynchs, desynch blocks/blizzards. All of these make IC good.

We have threads like this all the time. We all know what makes IC good ASIDE from grabs. We just need to work on applying.

thanks man. ya i do actually. That stuffs the shiz. :D bass agents all the way.

I can believe that we have had quite a few threads like this - im just relatively new to smashboards, newer to the IC boards, and am rather an impulsive poster. :D

Bu ya, it just seems that all the hype about the IC grabs has reached the breaking point - the IC's true potential outside of them is too much in the background. People see effective grabaholics in friendlies and tournaments and are becoming conditioned to do anything outside of kill themselves to not get grabbed.

grabs should be used effectively - naturally - as a way to win - not as a crutch. I'm learning that! Multiple, uncoordinated, CG attempts might be effective against the likes of noobs, scrubs, and heck, even people that really havent played IC's all that much, but when it comes to seasoned players - you're going to get exploited and consequently slaughtered!

end of ramble

Top Bottom