• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab combos?

pkblaze

Smash Apprentice
he has the gonzo combo(f-throw, upair, fthrow, up air, f-smash), or f-throw, aerial hammer, but no chain grabs. his best throw is d-throw, as it chains into uptilt and then into Bair. thats all i know of

pkblaze

Smash Apprentice
We also have fthrow>uair>reverse utilt>bair>bair. And btw, a good opponent will jump after the dthrow and won't be hit by the utilt. Dthrow can chain on heavies or fast fallers up until a certain extent (I think I've strung 4 in a row on a fox).
yeah... still working on reverse uptilt...

Lurk more before posting these threads. I like your sig btw. Favorite character. :D
he's been 'lurking' since sept.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
We also have fthrow>uair>reverse utilt>bair>bair. And btw, a good opponent will jump after the dthrow and won't be hit by the utilt. Dthrow can chain on heavies or fast fallers up until a certain extent (I think I've strung 4 in a row on a fox).
To be fair, the timing to jump out of a buffered Utilt after Dthrow is pretty strict, but yeah, it's doable.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
Well its not really a chaingrab.. more like a deadly combo :p
I like to grab, jab, jab, Fthrow, Utilt, grab, jab, jab, Dthrow, Utilt, and then dash into a reverse hammer.
Your opponent will try to hit you from underneath, only to fall to the floor and meet Mr. Hammer. Usually works the first time, and every other time as long as you dont constantly do it. Some people like to jump out of it, so the dash into reverse hammer wont work. In that case i usually use the first combo stated on this thread. The last part of this combo is also great for killing, grab, down throw, and then dash into reverse hammer. I've killed countless foes with this trick.

Talk about mindgames ^^

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
These grabs are all fancy stuff... I should probably learn at least one of these combos before next weekend...

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
lol mindgames for sure, for the most part ur safe with fthrow, Uair if u know ur opponent will jump out of a Reverse Utilt then u can chase with Fair, if u know they wont IE Snake u can do the Reverse Utilt Bair once and fastfall into a reverse grab. What u do nowadays all depends on if ur opponent likes to jump out of the combo or not, for the most part people do so i think the metagame is shifting towards continuing the combo in the air instead of on the ground

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yea, yea... that explains why gonzo and asdioh haven't hit me with a dthrow>utilt in ages (when I didn't know I could jump out of it).
But at what percents? At low percents I know at the very least MK has trouble getting out of it (I kind of assumed both MK and Kirby would do the same), whereas ROB and Jiggly can just DI up to get out of range, so it also depends on the character.

It generally hasn't failed me much though, despite my usual opponent knowing how to get out of it.

Most Kirby throws seem to work fairly well depending on the situation though.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'm starting to fall in love with DThrow combos.

DThrow to UpTilt to Reverse Wave Grab is not only ****, it's sexy as well. :colorful:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
If only Kirby's wave grab had more momentum. :[

If he went as far as Fox that would be amazing. xD

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Why would you uptilt. Way too easy to get out if you uptilt them.

Just downthrow to reverse grab. I've been doing it since the game came out.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
... I need to learn AT's, too... >.> *sigh*

Competitive play is so different from what I used to do. ._.;

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
If only Kirby's wave grab had more momentum. :[

If he went as far as Fox that would be amazing. xD
Well i havnt heard of that...
what's a wavegrab and how do you do it?
wave grabbing is an alternative name for pivot boosted grabbing, while running click Z and smash the controller in the opposite direction ur running, the timing is not to hard to get but is essential to performing it correctly.

Kirby's is not bad but if it was the same as fox! lol that would b to much fun

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Haha, I love advanced techs. :3 I'm gonna play Kirby more when and do more technical stuff like reversed final cutters to the ledge and stuff. Doesn't really help much but it just looks so cool, lol. >.<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dHDK751lHM

This is the pivot wave grab. :]

bribri123123

Smash Ace
he has the gonzo combo(f-throw, upair, fthrow, up air, f-smash), or f-throw, aerial hammer, but no chain grabs. his best throw is d-throw, as it chains into uptilt and then into Bair. thats all i know of
I agree...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Why would you uptilt. Way too easy to get out if you uptilt them.

Just downthrow to reverse grab. I've been doing it since the game came out.
Except that I believe most characters can just jump out of it...
Still, it's a good idea that I hadn't thought of.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. I do lurk. Quite often, just haven't been here in a while. I've officially quit GameFaqs, so I will be seen here more often.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. I do lurk. Quite often, just haven't been here in a while. I've officially quit GameFaqs, so I will be seen here more often.
Game***s? Eeew...

But seriously, GameFaqs is Crapola :/ It's good for searching for codes and stuff but the boards suck.

(sorry for the derailed post :p)

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
i've had some good luck with down tilt into a f-smash and/or d-tilt to down throw and the up tilt for real good damage building

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Haha, I love advanced techs. :3 I'm gonna play Kirby more when and do more technical stuff like reversed final cutters to the ledge and stuff. Doesn't really help much but it just looks so cool, lol. >.<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dHDK751lHM

This is the pivot wave grab. :]
Well that's interesting. I recently learned about that, but I never thought Kirby had something like that. I mean, he couldn't do the dash-attack canceled upsmash (DACUS) (look at Snake's Mortar Slide if you're new and don't know what I'm talking about) so I didn't think he could do anything else out of Dash Attack.

But reverse "wave" (stupid word) grab....I'll have to try that more.

Reverse Final Cutter to the ledge? Like...

<('.'<)___
.............|

And then you Final Cutter and land hanging on the ledge? O_o

i'm learning Fox just for the fun of it, i still grab combo even with him :p
I also learned Fox recently...I found myself doing Dair->upsmash with Kirby out of habit from playing Fox so much...

...and it worked for the KO. XD high % Dairs ftw

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I also learned Fox recently...I found myself doing Dair->upsmash with Kirby out of habit from playing Fox so much...

...and it worked for the KO. XD high % Dairs ftw
Better than doing Ganon Utilts out of habit from playing Kirby... Arg... that happes so much...

Top Bottom