• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GR>Dacus on Tall Characters is Good

-Mars-

Smash Hero
This isn't used enough or given enough credit by Sheik players.

First off, most players have no clue that Sheik can DACUS if they air break. This means that at least for the first couple of stocks you do this on, they will frantically try to break out.

Some people are so dense when it comes to technical jargon that they have no clue that they themselves are forcing the airbreak. So they continue to die to GR>DACUS as you laugh at them.

This works on most of the characters that we have a horrible time killing. DK, Snake, Ike, Bowser, DDD etc.

Now most people input some sort of jump button or whatever when they are button mashing to get out of grabs. If they don't then more power to them.....but highly unlikely. Now if they don't know how to break without inputting jump then they just have to sit through all of your pummels. SInce Sheiks throws don't do much damage as it is this can rack a ton of damage.

TL,DR use GR>DACUS on tall characters.

Judo777

Smash Master
^^^

Listen to this I kill snakes, sonics, diddys and even DKs all the time with this. Its just becomes a mix up out of grab. Are you gonna try and break out? or are you gonna taker 15% in pummels? If they try and break out and we don't pummel...... free DACUS.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
If she air releases u can GR DACUS her. I think. ZSS Is a bad character though. Just learn her gimmicks and she turns into an easier to beat Peach.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I hate using inexperience as a methodology of winning, but that's how irl stuff goes sometimes. Getting this on big characters is cool sometimes, love getting that oodles amount of damage version of DACUS from delaying it a little :)

I do use mashing out as a cool ploy to get my characters to kill with throws sometimes. With Snake/Lucario/some others, I'll wait until they start spinning the analog stick around then throw them with a chance of getting lol DI (with Lucario fthrow it works really well since it's so fast).

Judo777

Smash Master
If she air releases u can GR DACUS her. I think. ZSS Is a bad character though. Just learn her gimmicks and she turns into an easier to beat Peach.
Haha what a joke. Zss is a pretty great character actaully. She straight up ***** 95% of the cast in the air.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Definitely a character of extremes, hence why a lot of people don't like her all that much probably.

I still haaaaaate getting shield poked by bair, dumbest way to die.

Although I'm really liking Sheik v. ZSS. If she even tries a SH sideB, it gets punished haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard XD

btw what's the verdict on the ZSS dsmash thing against Sheik? Is it escapable?

Judo777

Smash Master
Definitely a character of extremes, hence why a lot of people don't like her all that much probably.

I still haaaaaate getting shield poked by bair, dumbest way to die.

Although I'm really liking Sheik v. ZSS. If she even tries a SH sideB, it gets punished haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard XD

btw what's the verdict on the ZSS dsmash thing against Sheik? Is it escapable?
its legit from 0-60% according to nick riddle.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I didnt even know about that.....good thing dsmash is pretty slow.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
the dsmashes should work til 60, she'll finish it off with a double dsmash to aerial for around 80%. So yeah, don't get hit lol

Tewx2

Smash Ace
I don't see why Sheik would be getting hit by dsmash besides player error.

Then again I don't see how anyone can consistently lose to Gimmick Suit Samus besides being an unadaptive player.

Judo777

Smash Master
I don't see why Sheik would be getting hit by dsmash besides player error.

Then again I don't see how anyone can consistently lose to Gimmick Suit Samus besides being an unadaptive player.
play nick riddle then.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
play nick riddle then.
Losing to Nick Riddle would only serve to prove that he's a significantly better player than I am.

And Sheik is a very solid character, she has her gimmicks... But unlike ZSS Sheik doesn't have to rely on them.

Judo777

Smash Master
This is sad... DK should always be trying to ground break as he just wrecks everyone but bowser out of a grounded grab break
Actually that is one of the main reasons why he air releases. He sees me pummel him a few times previously and trys to mash out fast enough to ground break during the pummel. Its really hard to mash fast without hitting jump or up.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
hmm.. Set dpad to shield and grab and use cstick and hold the control down or something....

Also up counts for jump with tap jump off?

Top Bottom