• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GPC invites you to... "Tipped Off!" ~!!!

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
TIPPED OFF!

MAY 19th!!!
MAY 19th!!!

So its about time GPC hosted a tourney...
The place FAILS to provide an address to me, But Dogy got one for us!

860 Duluth Highway, Suite 143
Lawrenceville, GA 30043

"Our location is off of Duluth Hwy. (Hwy. 120) and SR 316. Look for the new Staples shopping center across from the Target-Home Depot shopping center! Look for the store with the sign COMICS!!"
Meaning: Its where 316 meets Duluth highway. If you suck with directions, post your location or something and I'll get you some (that hopefully you can follow).

Phone # is (678)-215-0505
E-mail: andrew@thetowergames.com

ITS AIR CONDITIONED!!! =D
Andrew, the store's owner, has not asked for a door fee OR a percentage, so basically you guys pay to enter, and thats it. Of course, I'm sure he'd appreciate a little business, so feel free to buy drinks/snacks/cards/comics from him in between your matches.

As always, please be respectful of the store, and of your peers while you're there. Loud use of profanity or shouting means Andrew gets to kick you out. It's his store. :lick:
Doubles will be held before singles, with approximately a half hour break after doubles are finished.

Fee
1v1 Entry Fee $5
2v2 Entry Fee $10($5 each)

Tournament begins @3pm
^Notice the change!!!

Prize$
1v1 Winners
1st - 60%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%

2v2 Winners
1st - 60%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Singles random select stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Rainbow Cruise
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium
DK64

Banned stages:
Yoshi’s Island
Fourside
Hyrule Temple
Flatzone
Brinstar Depths
Icicle Mountain
Big Blue
Mushroom Kingdom 1
Venom
Yoshi's Island 64
Peach’s Castle
Kongo Jungle
Onett

Banned only for doubles:
Fountain of dreams
Mute city

Counterpick stages:
Corneria
Planet Zebes
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Mute City
Poké Floats
Mushroom Kingdom 2
Kongo Jungle 64

Rules
- The higher seed has first choice for their seat(s) and controller port(s). The higher seeded team has first choice for their team color. Teams must sit together on one side or the other. If players/teams meet for a 2nd time in a specific bracket, the winner of the 1st series will have seat and controller choice.

-Singles seeding will be based on doubles results, GET OVER IT.

- After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series. The lower seeded player must make their banned stage choice first. Once the first game has started, stages can’t be banned.

- After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

- For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

- During Championship Bracket competitions, players may ask for a double-blind pick during games four and five of a series. Players must call for the pick after the loser of the previous game has chosen the next game’s stage.

- If players/teams meet for a 2nd time either Championship Bracket, their series will expand to a best of 11, include the previous series, and pick up where that series left off. For example, if Player A beat Player B 3 games to 0 in the Winners Bracket, the Best of 11 will resume with Game 4 and Player leading 3 games to 0. The loser of the 1st series will choose the stage for the 1st game of the 2nd series and players may call for a double-blind pick before any game throughout the best of 11.

- If the players/teams meeting in the Finals have not yet faced each other in a series and the team coming from the Losers Bracket wins the first series, another series must be played to break the tie since both players/teams would only have one series loss.

If I missed anything, feel free to point it out.

XXX Love,

-Menthol

THIS IS SPARTA!!!

kirby_jim

Smash Cadet
kirby jim approves of this message

oh, and as a side note... EPS MAKE ME A SIG PLEASE!! (though i haven't talked to you in months)

eastheaven

Smash Ace
About how far is this place from the Atlanta, anyway?
distance wise or hours wise.
I really don't know anything about travel in GA, or else I'd know where Duluth was and stuff. But I don't.

Somasu

Smash Ace
I think Mike forgot to mention one thing in his post...

BRING TVS AND GAMECUBES!

This place only has one TV as of now, and obviously, that won't do for a tournament, so we need you guys to bring as many TVs and setups as possible.

Ares726

Smash Ace
So I might be able to come to this. I went out and did a ton of oddjobs today so I'd have some cash. I'll put $10 away for this tourney, and if it's still there on the 19th I'll be at this. Especially if Wes is going. Wes, I want to play you in some friendlies at this because I've never played singles with you. We've played each other in teams a few times, but I want to play some singles before you go to England.

Also, Menthol, you want to do CDE vs GPC Round 2 here? Round 1 was in Columbus, so you can counterpick us at GPC if you want. Stage counterpick IRL ftw.

EDIT: I don't have any idea as far as how many people we'll be bringing though...

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
The Tower Games & Comics, LLC
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
678-215-0505

E-mailed them for the address.

Took like, 5 minutes.

Slackin'.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Pfft.

What's with you high school punks and your graduation johns?

I MEAN COME ON.

All you're gunna do is sit in a room, sleep, walk across stage, get a piece of paper, and sit down again.

I MEAN HELL.

I was so unfortunate that I only got the case at my graduation, and I had to go backstage and plow through like, 1000 kids to get the real thing.

___

Im JK btw, have fun graduating.

Prac352

Smash Lord
Yeah . . . I won't be attending seeing as how I'm looking forward to "plowing through a thousand people to get the real thing."

EDIT: Just kidding. I graduate on the 18th at 4:00 pm. Count me in. I can bring a cube and tube.

Somasu

Smash Ace
I was so unfortunate that I only got the case at my graduation, and I had to go backstage and plow through like, 1000 kids to get the real thing.
Reminds me of my graduation.

All we got was a case, and didn't even get our actual diploma until it arrived in the mail about a month later

Ares726

Smash Ace
i say make singles $10.

thats just me though
Normally I'd be with you 100% on raising singles, but then you'd have to raise doubles too because doubles should cost more than singles. Also, I can only come if the price stays low like this. Sorry I'm so poor right now everybody. I fail, I know. However, don't not raise it just on my account. I can get over missing one tourney.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
The Tower Games & Comics, LLC
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
678-215-0505

E-mailed them for the address.

Took like, 5 minutes.

Slackin'.
Good man, Dogy.
Yes I am lazy.

ALSO!

I talked to Andrew, the owner, and he said that he'd like the tourney to be delayed and start at 3pm. So, what he says, goes. Singles will stand at 5$ entry, and signups now start at 2pm, with the tourney beginning at 3pm.

That probably cuts us short on time, but the place stays open untill 12am, so I think we can finish singles and doubles in fair time. Crew battles... may have to wait, or we'll see about them based on how much time we have.

@- Columbus: But I'm totally down for counterpicking CDE in our turf.
Bring however many you want, WE'RE READY!!!

eastheaven

Smash Ace
I'll race you in King DeDeDE race thing, comparing times and stuffz.

Plus I'll play Smasrui Kirby
And Megaton punch
And anything else
Let's just rock the SNES

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
who said i was gonna accept
You're right. You woouldnt. Cause you know a fluke .03 cant handle the consistant .09. Cat-like reflexes!

Renegade da Lyrical Masta is comming!

Now listen here, I'm the badest mofo around!!! Got it?

lol... seriously though, I'll be there
Wow. That means, by law, some sort of crew battle has to go down so that we can have some of the rawest commentary this side of the Mississippi. I say somebody challenges GPC on their home turf. But that's just a random outsider talkin smack!

I'll race you in King DeDeDE race thing, comparing times and stuffz.

Plus I'll play Smasrui Kirby
And Megaton punch
And anything else
Let's just rock the SNES

Gourmet Race.... I wonder if I still rock at that. I remember years ago when the game came out, Nintendo Power had one of those power challanges to for that, and I had one of the times that made it into the magazine. Im pretty sure my route's all jacked up now, though. But yeah, I'd be down. D:

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
GPC should do some sort of challenge like the Arlington challenge, where you pay like 5 dollars to get a card, and go around and challenge each member, and if you win all, they let you enter the tourney for just your 5 dollars... oh wait the entry fee is five dollars... uh nevermind.

PB&J

Smash Hero
menthol you better win...so that means you have to pick ice climbers and 8 stock chaddd and gawes...remember nana can't get hit...chu dis

Top Bottom