• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GotGames State Qualifier Planning and Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hey guys, hope you're still enjoying your holidays if you got some of it. I've taken a little break from organisation but now I'm ready to swing back into things!

So here are the notes for the TO party:

TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS FROM EVERY STATE

• Please arrange a suitable time and public venue within the Month of February or the Early/Mid-March to hold your state's State Qualifier. A public venue is one that is not a private residence.
  • When deciding an entry fee, consider that the primary goal will be to raise enough money to send at least 1 top-ranked participant to fly to Melbourne for Finals action. Also consider venue fees that may be additional to your operating costs. As a host city, Melbourne's State Qualfier (SQ) will primairly be a fundraising event that will have 100% of its funds spent at either the Grand Finals or supporting Smashers from far-flung states (WA). The event will likely be merged with a larger organisation (stay tuned for more about that).
  • Rule-setting: Just a few simple guidelines to follow: Have 2 DE brackets - one for the top 8 bracket and one for everyone that did not place within their state's Top 4 that turnout on the day of your event. The top 4 that turn up for the even automatically get into the 8 man finals bracket. THe top 4 that win the open bracket will fill the rest of the spots in the final 8 bracket. Anyone who placed top 8 in their state's online ladder will have the right to stage strike and stage cancel. No one else will have this right. As for all other ruleset legalities, keep it preferrable to your own state. It's completely up to the TO to decide what is a Starter/CP/Ban.
  • Organisation of funds: For all the states that comply, all money raised throughout Australia must be funned into one central banking account. The handling of this will be done privately, and I will be in contact with all TO's regarding this matter and providing banking details for transferrals. If people do not understand why this is necessary, your brain is underdeveloped.
  • Any person that wins their top 8 finals bracket in their state earns the right to fly to Melbourne for its final. Should they be unable to attend, they may pass it onto the next highest placer that is able to attend.
  • The more money a state raises, the greater the chance they can field a greater team to rperesent their state in Finals.

That should do it for now, start planning I'll this thread will turn into a central GotGames thread for State Qualifier information!

Any questions should be sent to myself or one of the State Refs.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
QLD's qualifier might be a little later than expected.

It'll be either the 7th of March, or the 14th of March.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Victoria's is locked down for the 22nd of February. Feel free to take your time organising this other states, it takes quite a while to generate hype and momentum and I'm not exactly wanting to get lazy over something potentially amazing.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I wondered why this had popped up.

I heard the GG thing was cancelled?

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Can we please get some confirmation on this CAO..? Shaya did mention this in our perth thread but clearer circumstances and explanations would be greatly appreciated for any concerned.. I know i for one am saddened to hear such news..

BLAH..!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Concellation confirmed. If you want some reason here they are in dot point form:

- The Australian Brawl Community is not large enough to support a national circuit.
- The Australian Smash Community in general was never able to consolidate a real partnership with GotGames.
- Stifled independence of individual communities.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
The Gotgames ladder sucked so hard anyway and was so inaccurate. I wanted it to suceed but it was a bad system.

tkls

Smash Apprentice
there was never an offical notice on the gotgames site, or did i miss something?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
such a shame. more brawl tournaments would have been so much fun. brawl is so fun. it's amazing how the event failed seeing as how fun brawl is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom