• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goop's AZ Tourney 3 (Labor Day on September 3rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHUK

Smash Ace
My arm is currently trashed so I hope to get in some practice when it heels later this week. How much for the money match? I don't want to give away too much money.

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
did you hear that butters? wobbles is too scared to accept your money match that he challenged you to

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Butters, the tourney starts late because we get out of work then.

Hey, Wobbles. I'll accept your substitute money match! Falco Vs Bowser? lol

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yo Manny, are we gonna do teams? Cuz I was going to invite Stefan, but if it's just singles I don't think I would.

Later

Corigames

Smash Hero
>_>

I still call him. I won't fall for your team selecting mindgames. I know you pros inside out. Everything you do is a mindgame.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
So I more than lkely wont make it to this. Or at least if I do I wont be playing. I have other plans that night that start around 8ish so we'll see.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also Manny, I would suggest using the rules posted for Super Champ Combo. A lot of us are planning on going and it would be good practice. Your call as usual though.

CHUK

Smash Ace
I am bringing 2 friends actually. Possibly 1 more. My friend Matt goes as Doctor W and my friend Steve goes as Misfire currently. Steve has just started learning advanced techniques. I might bring one other friend who has just gotten advanced techniques down more named Nick that would go by Ari.

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman
i am the master of flaking, i cant make it on friday, all mm's are still valid whenever i see you guys

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Yeah my rules are gonna stand as is.

Its a bit late notice to change them and plus I like them the way they are.

Darthmike

Smash Rookie
Oh yeah.. My friend invited his annoying friend that likes to complain when he loses. I don't normally talk to this guy... you'll notice he looks like a short dwarf like that dwarf in lotr gimly or w/e.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Losing is fun :D.

I've done it enough to know. =p I'm looking forward to this, I just hope I don't feel... how do you say... out of place. This'll be the first one I've been too where I don't know anyone at it and only the second one I've ever been too.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
lol thats for sure, people have to be open to losing in this game cause it will happen a lot to people
EDIT: we're all friendly Fur, there will be a lot of new people coming to this one, so they might feel a little outta place. so just talk with some of the guys there, you'll feel welcome, lol just as long as u dont talk **** to other people without really knowing them. we all come together just to play a game, so thats what we usually all talk about

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
I'm not usually a trash talker, even with my friends. I like to learn, and that's what I've been recently playing to do. One thing I can't stand though is huge egos... That drains the fun out of the game for me. I hope there aren't to many, or any people for that matter who'd rub in the fact I lost or something.

Like my roommate whose rather annoying at times... No offense to any sheik players, but he makes me hate sheik cause it's his main. It's really no fault of Sheiks. *laugh*

My biggest hope is to possibly make some friends and maybe meet someone I can play with every once in a while. Possibly hone my skills. I'm horrible with names though, so that'll be hard for me. *laugh*

CHUK

Smash Ace
Yeah I am bringing 2 possibly 3 people that introduced me to competitive smash but didn't get advanced so I surpassed them. They have never been to any tourny or any Smash activity though they play alot amongst eachother. You won't be the only one feeling out of place. I'll be the skinny kid with the tube socks and black shorts. Hope to meet you there and if you live near my place we should play sometime.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Good luck everyone! i hope you all have fun. i wish i was there :( but i'm sure i'll see you all soon :)

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Yeah I am bringing 2 possibly 3 people that introduced me to competitive smash but didn't get advanced so I surpassed them. They have never been to any tourny or any Smash activity though they play alot amongst eachother. You won't be the only one feeling out of place. I'll be the skinny kid with the tube socks and black shorts. Hope to meet you there and if you live near my place we should play sometime.
Cool, I'll have my hair tied back and may or may not be bringing a one or two of my roomates, neither of which are really interested in competetive smash much, but still play with me.

I live on Hardy, in the Greenwood Village complex if you've heard of it.

CHUK

Smash Ace
Cool, will there be any recordings?

EDIT: Looks at AltF4Warrior :p (i'm a subscriber :p)

CHUK

Smash Ace
That was fun. I did pretty ****ty, my friends had fun and Matt and Ari would be up for it again.

EDIT:Sorry double post

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i saw this thread and was thinking 'i should try and go to this,' then i realized it is (was) today and it's probably over now. looking forward to results though. I call Light for first.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
it was nice to meet ya chuk, you are getting there, just need a little more practice.

gamer, the top 4 were,
1. Taj
2. Brandon
3. Light
4. Dark

CHUK

Smash Ace
Yeah, no problem. It was nice meeting all of you.I really hope there is another tournament soon.

EDIT: Goop if you are going to STB tomarrow do you think you can pick me up I am on the way.
I will make a mapquest for it in one sec to give you the idea. If not that is cool.
EDITT:Actually it looks like it would add sometime to your drive considering you can take the highway. 20$ gas for there and back?
EDITTT:Fudge it, I need sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom