• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GOOD SH*T HUNGRYBOX (caps)

Pi

Smash Hero
I am really surprised no one has made this thread yet.

Seriously though, through all the hate, **** talking, disrespect, and scrub mindsets surrounding you as a player/person/jiggs main. Good ****.

You've held down the CFL melee scene with the WATO crew, always providing us tournaments to attend where otherwise they might not be. Never shy'd away from housing OoS players, never succumbed to the undeserved hate, stayed loyal to your crew and your state, picked up the slack with CEO, done so much for the melee community it's disgusting to see people disrespect you as a player.

But in the words of Dogysammich

it's not about that, it's about hungry box, it's about apex.

Good ****.

j00t

Smash Champion
good **** hbox

mango says you're killing melee, but he just has his head up his ***. You're a cool dude.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I think no one made a thread because they all congratulated him on FaceBook.

Despite this, this thread is well deserved. Good stuff knihT.

Juan, like I told you before, this is your time. You've done so much for the community as a whole and now the dream came true. Congratz, bro.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Why people hate on Juan's playstyle I don't understand. He's at least attacking you. Yea it's a hella good attack, but find a way around it.

It's the ****ing campers killing melee, if anything.

Ironically... the same person who plays like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4R_igghGGM
Johned about the use of bair in this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE50HdZ5sXk
Honestly, Juan isn't using that many bairs compared to other aerials. It's probably close to a 1:1 ratio for bairs -> other aerials. Just looks worse because Puff uses 95% aerials.
Plus Foxes who play campy are perfectly happy to use much more lasers than Juan uses Bairs... it's just that everyone's in their face the whole time so they never get the chance to.

*Avoids the namesearch... for now*
[/tired of people complaining about hbox when he's obviously really good]

Rayku

Smash Lord
I mean come on guys I almost beat Hungrybox in a friendly on Yoshi's with Ganondorf while he was on the phone it can't be -that- hard

:D :D

Pi

Smash Hero
I think it's just because juan is always attacking, nothing half the time, whether that's a conscious part of his playstyles or a habit idk.

j00t

Smash Champion
I mean it's not like hungrybox has a boring playstyle, he's more aggro than puff should be while maintaining great spacing.

Just because he uses one more more than others doesn't make him gay. We don't complain when Fox shines too much do we? >:[

Pi

Smash Hero
There's no need.

M2k was camping armada on the top platform

Armada's playstyle revolves around float camping (looking for a fair to combo out of)

Jman has no problem playing gay

The only reason people hate on Hbox is because mango made it cool, it's a phase that people will get over once they grow up.

Top Bottom