• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

good secondary for sheik...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
what is a good character that compliments sheik?my friends main is sheik and im trying to help him out.whats a good sheik secondary?reply asap.thanx

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Fox. The skills required to play fox transfer anywhere. Also, this thread has come up several times and i'm just stealing this bit of knowledge off someone else.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I'm a Samus main, and I picked sheik for my second. Works perfect.

Sheik hates fighting Fox, Falco, ICs
Samus loves fighting ICs, Falco, and Fox.

Samus hates Marth, Caption Falcon, Sheik.
Sheik loves Marth, Caption Falcon, and goes even with Sheik of course :)

Like Sheik, Samus doesn't take a lot of tech to be good with either. Missiles, recovering, wavedashing out of sheild... and thats really all you need.

LeifusYourGod

Smash Cadet
personally i main shiek, then alt ganon or link (yes, i know, i play w/ triforce charcters)

but ive also seen good alts for shiek be fox and marth. just depends on how u play

$ick

Smash Lord
Doc is a cool secondary, whenever a newb whines about how cheap Sheik is, while they probably play Falco, (lol) then you can switch to like the most fair character and shut em up. :)

$ick

Smash Lord
The most fair character is definitely Bowser

Doc is cool too though ;)
Lol Boozer is the unfair for the user. Doc is like a nice mix and not brokenness, but can still do some ****. I like fooling around with Bowser sometimes though, especially against nubs. :)

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
You really need to consider the match ups YOUR bad against before deciding on a secondary. What characters do you have trouble playing against? What characters would you like to have a different style against? I personally think Marth is the best secondary for Shiek, he is good for FD and small stages and can handle IC's fairly well. I think another valid option is IC's themselves. Since they are such a different play style from Shiek you can easily throw them off guard. IC's are complicated to have as a secondary though.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Zelda. Imagine the shock of your opponent if you switch mid-match... :) And if you already play Sheik, then your opponent really doesn't know what character you'll be...

TxuZz

Smash Cadet
Ice climbers are good. you can abuse of an infinite (instant ko) grab. be carefull not to loose your pink climber. try em out, u'll have fun.

Dreminem

Smash Cadet
i would go with marth just cause when i play marth it seems like i have so much more control than with shiek. maybe thats just me tho

Drephen

Smash Master
yeah you really dont need a secondary for sheik. I have one for IC but even that matchup is doable with sheik

remember, its always better to have one really good character then to have 2-5 mediocre ones

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Zelda.:p

Okay, seriously. I Think that Marth is ideal, but C. Falcon, Peach, Ganondorf, Link, or Samus would work well too.

(I do think that Zelda would make a good secondary for Sheik, but it's extremely difficult to play as her)

Ready2Die

Smash Rookie
i main sheik as well, my seconday is fox, and my third is marth..i think i have a pretty good starting team, not to mention my army of Toy Souljahs consist of Sheik--Fox--Marth--C.Falcon--Ganon--Falco--(Doc)Mario:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::p:p:p:p:p:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

oh yeah does anybody know how to add a sig to my posts...im completely lost when it comes to that

T0MMY

Smash Master
It's better to main Pichu and secondary Zelda/Sheik. Trust me.... TRUST ME...

Oh, and I don't know why people have such hard time against Ice Climbers, Pichu gets ***** to death by them. I played my Sheik against t1mmy's ICs for him to practice against and I destroy him... so much easier than Pichu >:^p
So no complaints. I haven't come across an IC player I can't handle yet.
I have problems against Fox, Captain Falcon, and Falco. So I tend to go Fox vs C. Falcon and just try to tough it out against Falco and Fox... though I think my Pichu handles them easier than my Sheik sometimes, haha.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
^hasn't played Chu or Wobbles.

I'm sad I didn't meet t0mmy. t!mmy was cool, so t0mmy must be too, right? D:

yeah you really dont need a secondary for sheik. I have one for IC but even that matchup is doable with sheik

remember, its always better to have one really good character then to have 2-5 mediocre ones
QFT. Used to have 5 mains for every scenario ever, and I did fine until I met up with the people that stuck to 1-2 characters (and were good, obviously). Then, despite counter-picking, I'd get *****. Except using Fox on Corneria. He beats everyone there, haha.

I switched to just Peach (with Fox as a secondary that I don't practice, for when I feel like being gay), and I'm able to go toe-to-toe with some of our best players now.

Good ****.

T0MMY

Smash Master
^hasn't played Chu or Wobbles.

I'm sad I didn't meet t0mmy. t!mmy was cool, so t0mmy must be too, right? D:
I have played Wobbles (his ICs vs my Sheik), I was winning until we had to give up the station for tournament play.

I had a Pichu ditto MM with Chu, but he chickened out :chuckle: (I'm calling you out Chu!!!!! Don't put it off, it's inevitable!), but I have a feeling his ICs would **** my Sheik... but I'd put up a really good fight >:^D

You think t1mmy is cool? Psh, I'm the cooler of the two of us (unless you count his Ice Climbers, then by default he is cooler, parkas ftw).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom