• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good RPGs for the Wii/GC?

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I've been running out of Good RPGs to play. I've played/Beaten:

-Tales Of Symphonia (1 and 2)
-Baten Kaitos:Eternal Wings and Lost Ocean
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
-Zelda(All of them for Wii/GC.)
-Fire Emblem(PoR and RD)

Anything else that's good?

vZakat

Half Genie
I've heard Skies of Arcadia is pretty good, I haven't played it personally though. Paper Mario thousand year door is good too. That's all I can think of ATM.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
We have a topic called the General Game Discussion topic. It's meant for this. That and to discuss games as well. I suggest bringing anything video game related there.

Frames

DI
We have a topic called the General Game Discussion topic. It's meant for this. That and to discuss games as well. I suggest bringing anything video game related there.
LOL @ backseat modding

u should get eternal darkness...not really an rpg but it has some elements

also skies of arcadia *****

DRD

Smash Lord
Frames said Eternal Darkness which I recommend, even though I haven't played it in forever

Not strictly an rpg but you do get new powers and abilities along the way

Gerbil

Smash Champion
If you want to go virtual console for the Wii, snag up Final Fantasy 3 (IRL Final Fantasy 6). Even though 7 overshadows it due to fanboy hype, 6 is actually very ****ing amazing.

*Kefka Laugh*

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Zelda is definitely an action/adventure game not an RPG.
Eh, I consider it RPG enough.

If you want to go virtual console for the Wii, snag up Final Fantasy 3 (IRL Final Fantasy 6). Even though 7 overshadows it due to fanboy hype, 6 is actually very ****ing amazing.

*Kefka Laugh*
One of my favortie games of all time. WDF it's on VC?

Phantasy Star Online is a good game.
For the GC, what else would I need to buy? One of those adapter-whatchamacolits?

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Eh, I consider it RPG enough.

One of my favortie games of all time. WDF it's on VC?

For the GC, what else would I need to buy? One of those adapter-whatchamacolits?
I'm pretty sure it's already out, but I can't remember (my WiFi connection is shattered, I have to buy a new wireless link). Check the SNES section.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Ah. ****. Well, as soon as it comes out, hit it up, and if you can't wait, you should ROM it lol.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I didn't realize you had a copy lol.

I've got a copy and a couple of ROMs for it actually (ROM on my PC and on my Xbox modded drive).

You should see my Super Metroid Collection LOL I think I have like... every cartridge version and ROM version out there XD.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
What adapter? All you need is the game and a gamecube controller. You also need a memory card but who doesn't have one of those?

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
What adapter? All you need is the game and a gamecube controller. You also need a memory card but who doesn't have one of those?
Well, it's Phantasy Star Online. I figure I'd need one of those broadband adapter things for the GC.

Have you played Okami? I have it on the Wii and it's awesome.
I've played like, 1 level.

Well, off to emulate Golden Sun.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
To add to what someone said:
SKIES OF ARCADIA!
YOU HAVE NOT HEARD OF THIS? I feel sorry for you.

I also love all the paper mario games Golden sun has been mentioned of course.
gamecube and wii are lacking in rpgs Arc rise Fantasia is coming out soon however...and err...Something by Namco that came out a while ago...um I can't remember the name of it..

EDIT: FRAGILE!

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's Phantasy Star Online. I figure I'd need one of those broadband adapter things for the GC.

Well, this game came out years ago which means they shut down the PSO servers.... If you want to play online you would have to connect to one of the private servers still running. For this you'd probably need a broadband adapter or something. I'm not sure I just grab 3 friends and play splitscreen.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
Yes there are still private servers for P.S.O. I currently have blue burst (updated pc version) on here, idk what you need for the gc version however just search in google> pso private servers and it should be the first to pop up, schthack.

And skies of arcadia is definitely one of the best rpgs imo, originally for dreamcast it was then ported to the gc with increased textures (as much as it could at that time) and quests.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I don't think there's such thing as a good rpg. MMO's are the really fun ones. Runescape, MapleStory, Dragonica, Guild Wars, Lunia, and Mabinogi are some good ones. Kart Rider was the best one, until they closed it.

Nihongo, to your cookie, YES.

Top Bottom