• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Matchup Against Marth?

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
No, cpu's aren't.

I really dislike them because I've seen many learning players, good learning players with talent, develop horrible habits because of them.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
CPUs do not equal good practice. They are predicable, don't DI correctly, and they have unrealistic timing, such as powershielding everything. You can't practice mindgames on a comp, since they aren't affected.

If you want to get better, find someone to play against. Otherwise, you will be limiting yourself in every possible way.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Yeah like I'm trying to remember the last time I played CPUs. If I had no human to face, I would simply just practice tech skill alone till I find one. Its only a matter of time in most cases!

b.wood5474

Smash Cadet
He asked for it did he not?

thats not true unless you count edge as a cpu.

aright man first of all im not a noob. i didnt just start playing. ive been playing this game as long as i could remember. i just found out about this site. you really need to calm down we all have different styles of playing. the way i play works. who cares about what styles anybody plays. whatever works. you can just go **** yourself man

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
No, it doesn't work at the level you are at, you aren't any good. And for you to be playing the game as long as you say,, based on your topics and the way you talk, you are a huge noob.

Any idiot that can move the c-stick can beat a computer so please shut up about that.

b.wood5474

Smash Cadet
No, it doesn't work at the level you are at, you aren't any good. And for you to be playing the game as long as you say,, based on your topics and the way you talk, you are a huge noob.

Any idiot that can move the c-stick can beat a computer so please shut up about that.
alright i sure am you got me im a total noob. you going to any tourneys soon?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
alright i sure am you got me im a total noob. you going to any tourneys soon?
Please... realize... what... everyone... is... saying...

Please don't dignify this with a response death... it's not worth your time.

b.wood# death would most likely cause a similar situation in which fastliketree traveled over sorakeyblade's ego stroking house, and from what I hear jv 5 stocked him multiple times. That is with thebluedeath being fastliketree and you being sorakeyblade.

I've played lvl 9 cpu's, sure they can be difficult if you try to be fancy and such but you know what works fine? c-stick left and right. lvl 9 cpus are UNNATURAL, their frame perfect timing isn't being mimic'd in the pro scene as there are much better options. No one will repeately interrupt you with neutral A's and and walk around while powershielding practically everything you shoot at them.

Please understand that you just found this site, the experience here is much more than yours. Stop thinking your good compared to a majority of players. Your thoughts already show you aren't. Your one of many who look at combo vids and tourney vids and go "well I 'look like they do' so I must be pretty decent". Trust me, your not even close.

b.wood5474

Smash Cadet
Please... realize... what... everyone... is... saying...

Please don't dignify this with a response death... it's not worth your time.

b.wood# death would most likely cause a similar situation in which fastliketree traveled over sorakeyblade's ego stroking house, and from what I hear jv 5 stocked him multiple times. That is with thebluedeath being fastliketree and you being sorakeyblade.

I've played lvl 9 cpu's, sure they can be difficult if you try to be fancy and such but you know what works fine? c-stick left and right. lvl 9 cpus are UNNATURAL, their frame perfect timing isn't being mimic'd in the pro scene as there are much better options. No one will repeately interrupt you with neutral A's and and walk around while powershielding practically everything you shoot at them.

Please understand that you just found this site, the experience here is much more than yours. Stop thinking your good compared to a majority of players. Your thoughts already show you aren't. Your one of many who look at combo vids and tourney vids and go "well I 'look like they do' so I must be pretty decent". Trust me, your not even close.

okay; thank you for your honesty and your err.. metaphors i guess. one i never said i was better. 2 i dont only just vrs lvl 9 comps, i have friends. ( i know shocker.) and yes apparently i dont know what im talking about. and if i seem to not understand dont be a **** and tell me what i said wrong and correct me instead of being a complete arrogant ***.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Yeah when your fighting 3 of them on team battle one vrs three. get *****
This is wrong (playing with lvl 9 cpus regardless is a bad idea more bad habits than good come out of it), playing with friendly fire off in teams isn't the standard mode of play. Your giving advice in a much larger and broader tournament scene and your making it worse for newer players who have no understanding or are trying to understand the current tournament scene. And then you say stupid things like oh i'm so bad you going to any tourney's soon? Your getting mad over the fact that everyone is saying your advice is generally wrong.

It doesn't matter if what your saying (i.e. 3 lvl 9 cpus teamed against you) is hard when it doesn't help you overall get better against real competition. I don't think I'm being arrogant, I think your trying to give out advice without taking the time to look and learn about what is really happening in the tournament scene. So in retrospect your basically frustrating everyone, because so far most of what you said is either:

A. common knowledge what not to do.
or
B. Not commonly done in a tournament scene.

Now for all I know you do have a lot of practical knowledge that would help a lot of players. But for now you should be reading some of the stickies and general boards here to know if what your saying would be helpful at all.

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
*throws another log to the fire*

Recently, i've been training my dashdance using level 9 comps. Since they automatically grab/jab when you run up to them, i've been training my relfexes by dashdancing in front of them and trying to punish ANYTHING they do, even their silly jabs. So i don't think they're completely useless to train with, you just have to make sure you don't sink into bad habits and let your game deteriorate while fighting them.

b.wood5474

Smash Cadet
*throws another log to the fire*

Recently, i've been training my dashdance using level 9 comps. Since they automatically grab/jab when you run up to them, i've been training my relfexes by dashdancing in front of them and trying to punish ANYTHING they do, even their silly jabs. So i don't think they're completely useless to train with, you just have to make sure you don't sink into bad habits and let your game deteriorate while fighting them.
Thats exactly what im saying! im not trying to say oh you should always train that way.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
CPUs are useful for specific technical practice, nothing more.

Top Bottom