• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Matchup Against Marth?

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bmZxDNWXXs

Marth seems to counter Marth very, very well. But as TheBlueDeath1000 said, Ganon has a fairly good chance. I won't go into detail cause it was already covered. But if I was you, I wouldn't give up. Sometimes a character just needs to take a series of beatings to get the hang of it. I've seen Pichus beat Marths and whatnot, so it is possible to some degree. Of course if you was using Bowser, then that would be a whole new saga, one that Bowser probably can't finish. :p

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Yeah tell me about it. Not to mention if you lack battle exp against a certain charater. That is what happened to me when I fought a Pikachu for the first time a while back. I was strong in marth dittos, but this Pikachu was so annoying. Of course it was only a matter of time till I caught on and the match up became easier. :p

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Can't spell C.H.E.A.P without S.H.I.E.K, Shiek is higher on the tier list thus she beats Marth a good 99.999999999...% of the time.

(Marth vs Ganon is even ho ho ho ^_^)

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Shiek vs marth isn't that one sided. A good marth will lose to a good shiek? Maybe, wouldn't count marth out so easily.

Higher chance shiek wins but if the marth is "Good", he knows this matchup well and has his anti shiek mode on.

Brightside has issues with the tier list apparently...

Remember now kids...Tires Don Exits

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Shiek vs marth isn't that one sided. A good marth will lose to a good shiek? Maybe, wouldn't count marth out so easily.

Higher chance shiek wins but if the marth is "Good", he knows this matchup well and has his anti shiek mode on.

Brightside has issues with the tier list apparently...

Remember now kids...Tires Don Exits
Obviously its not completely one-sided but generally Marth vs Shiek is considered one of Marths if not his worst matchup in the game. Considering the topic creator simply asked for a good char against Marth I named the obvious choice.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Thank you randoodle for your math on the stupidness of computers.

B.wood, when you make stupid comments, about stuff you don't know about, you look stupid but when you come back with an even more stupid remark, well, now you look like sora did after teh ****.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Not only do you double post, you used a popular saying, of which I used to like, when you have nothing else to respond with. and brozen?...

You have just begun playing, anyone can tell that by you saying link and marth are a good team to be used at tourneys with friendly fire off..theres a problem with that, no tourney, worth attending, has friendly fire off.

Playing computers makes you worse due to computers idiotic way of playing. You can simply charge smashes and wait for them to walk into it, it forces you to make bad habits that hurt you in competitive play. I don't even recommend using computers for combos for the fact computer's di predictably and sometimes badly. Even if you try not to use any abuse of the computers when you fight computers, you will probably develop a few bad habits unconciously..besides, computers shouldn't be fought as you would fight a person.

You told him to fight a lvl 9, which is the worst type of computer to practice against, then you told him to take on three lvl 9s on a team, which is the dumbest thing of proving oneself. I'd rather someone smash their fingers with a brick then waveshine as a rite of passage over playing three lvl 9s, it would make you a much worse player due to you having to abuse bad computer programming.

End of rant

Randizzle

Smash Ace
well, considering that brawl is a fox/falco player still learning technical stuff, i think some cpu practice can be pretty beneficial, although lvl 9 isn't the ideal level to practice. lets not forget that m2k claims to practice against cpus every and any day he can't find someone good to play.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
A human is better than a cpu in every way, as a learning player, it can really hurt you.

I don't think m2k learns...anything, because he is perfect lol

technical things can be practiced without a cpu, such as waveshining and whatnot, you don't need to be a "live" target, you can do it on dummy empty human slot characters.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Comps grab out of stupid stuff and di odd.

And humans react different, I never said humans are always close, I said they are far better and comps hurt you.

Top Bottom