• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

good chinese songs?

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
ok, i really love mandarin... but it's so hard to find good songs in chinese...

unlike japanese songs and british songs...

right now i already have:

zero (alan kuo)
wo men de ji nian (shivia lee)
ni yao de ai (penny tai)
murderer (lin kuan yin)
dui wang (jimmy lin)
beauty song (zhang zi yi)
agent j (jolin tsai)

by the way, i do not mean songs BY CHINESE ARTISTS, i mean songs IN CHINESE. just FYI but i think at least half of the artists listed above are taiwanese, anyway :p

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Okay, first to say. Chinese comes in many dialects. Just like English comes in American English, Southern American English, Spanglish, Canadian English, British English, Caribbean English, "Aussie" English, Cockney English, and etc.

So the things your referring to might not be "Mandarin." There is also Cantonese, Hoikken, Taiwanese, and shall I continue. And some people who don't come from a "Mandarin" background - this refers to people usually who live in the big cities of China like Hong Kong, can also sing the Mandarin language. I know Korean and Singaporean and Malaysian people who sing Mandarin songs. So yeah, and also, I don't consider singers artists unless they can songwrite or actually be one with the songs that make us feel its a personal experience in melodic form. They are pretty much given material to sing something that sells. If you want some good "Mandarin" artists/musicians, try Jay Chou, Gary Chaw (who also goes by the names of Gary Cao), and Wang Lee Hom. For one of the best Indie Chinese rock artists, try Pete Teo. Some classic Chinese singers you should definitely listen to are Teresa Teng, Andy Lau, and of course Leslie Cheung Kwok-Wing.

I hope I've been insightful. :D

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
My neighbour is into Chinese music, I never quite got it myself though I don't mind some Japanese stuff.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Okay, first to say. Chinese comes in many dialects. Just like English comes in American English, Southern American English, Spanglish, Canadian English, British English, Caribbean English, "Aussie" English, Cockney English, and etc.

So the things your referring to might not be "Mandarin." There is also Cantonese, Hoikken, Taiwanese, and shall I continue. ...
Well, actually, no. You're almost right. Except that all of those varieties of English you mentioned are mutually intelligible. Somebody from Boston can speak with someone from Liverpool and someone from Christchurch without too much of a problem. Because they are all speaking English.

The different versions of Chinese, on the other hand, are not mutually intelligible. Sure, they use the same characters for the same ideas, but the way those characters are pronounced varies considerably. It would be more like a Spaniard, a French person, and a Romanian trying to talk to each other. All three languages are related, but they're very different nowadays.

Top Bottom