• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gonzo's Official Brawl Kirby Combo Video

YinYang.ERROR

Smash Journeyman
The intro was long... the combos where repetitive (but not bad), some of the footage sucked in quality, and the song was cut at the end (no fade or anything >_>).

good overall though.

The Mechanic

Smash Rookie
The Proof

That vid right there just proves that Kirby in SSBB is a force to be rekoned with. I saw a Dair+Ftilt that KO a SolidSnake at 80%!!!!! Kirby's got some fire power now baby!!! Finally I can become pro with a Kirby after all the abuse in SSBM from space animals. Watch out Kirbys back in the ring to take another swing. :chuckle:

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Yea, he won't win an oscar for video making, but he's definitly a good kirby player. That double forward throw combo of his is beastly, I'v gotta learn that one. The rest of it was really stuff I sorta already knew, he is alot smoother in implementing the attacks than i am though.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Not bad...I gotta try out that dtilt fsmash combo.

Hmm...I zero-to-death'd an R.O.B. yesterday with pretty much the same Wall of Pain. Then again, it was at Green Greens (out of bounds is pretty close there) and he only had 54%. Ah well.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Not bad...I gotta try out that dtilt fsmash combo.

Hmm...I zero-to-death'd an R.O.B. yesterday with pretty much the same Wall of Pain. Then again, it was at Green Greens (out of bounds is pretty close there) and he only had 54%. Ah well.
I might start counter picking green greens against MK, what do u think???

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Calling Kirby's chainthrow the Gonzo Combo is dumb. I know of many Kirby players that have been using it for a while now. It's been posted about on the forums before, and it's a dumb name. It should just be Kirby's throw combo. Most of the stuff in the video can be found out by any competitive Kirby within a week or two. Still, not a bad video. Pretty informative to Kirby players that aren't in the know.

Also, Green Greens is just as dangerous for Kirby as it is for Meta Knight.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
I am the one who introduced it to the boards to begin with, and everyone who goes to tournament named it the Gonzo Combo, i never intended to name it all.

So what do u think is a good Counter-pick stage for MK

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
I am the one who introduced it to the boards to begin with, and everyone who goes to tournament named it the Gonzo Combo, i never intended to name it all.

So what do u think is a good Counter-pick stage for MK
i think that a stage thats easier to KO off the top and difficult to KO off the side would work well against metaknight as kirbys upsmash kills pretty well off the top of course its a pain to hit with but im sure you could just do like a down aerial into an upsmash or dtilt into upsmash

cant think of specific stages at the moment besides like shadowmoses lol :(

R i p

Smash Cadet
Nice combos, but personally I found the video quality, music(ugh, 90's), and combo names to be a big turn off.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Wow, that was the best Kirby playing I have ever seen. I had no idea he was capable of such beastly things.

Also, Eiffel 65 lol thats priceless.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
LOL Thank you guys for the positive support!!!

i think that a stage thats easier to KO off the top and difficult to KO off the side would work well against metaknight as kirbys upsmash kills pretty well off the top of course its a pain to hit with but im sure you could just do like a down aerial into an upsmash or dtilt into upsmash

cant think of specific stages at the moment besides like shadowmoses lol :(
The Problem with low ceilings is that MK's UpB is an easy kill move against Kirby. I think what would be beneficial is a stage with a very large ceiling and wide so Kirby can take a few hits but get back on. MK's damage to knockback ratio is higher than Kirby's so the larger the stage the more advantage i get. Thats y when i play forte's MK he bans FD.

So what do uall think of Smashville? or perhaps another very large counterpick stage. I wish they had Dreamland

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
I think stairway to heaven was a cool combo name. What do people prefer for that combo? Tap jump on, or sliding Y to A,Y to A, etc?

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
I think stairway to heaven was a cool combo name. What do people prefer for that combo? Tap jump on, or sliding Y to A,Y to A, etc?
For that particular Combo i wish i had tap jump on but i play with tap jump off so i just hold up and slide X - A, X - A starting the combo is hard but after the first hit ur golden : )

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
i've been using it since about two weeks after brawl came out, i sat down in training mode for about 13 hours lol and tried out anything and everything i could think of. Whats awesome are the variations u can do

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Lol true that,

So i pulled off a Stairway to Heaven for 128%
It kind works like a techchase u have to move as soon as they do and in the beginning they use their jumps but they'll get cancelled by ur upair. then they're helpless

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I know of several kribies who have been doing the forward throw upair chaingrab (1 being me) since the week after brawl came out so I don't think you can name it after yourself.

Mike35

Smash Cadet
Very nice. :) I kind of liked the repetitiveness of certain combos and how you'd pause to say what you're doing on some of them. Makes them very easy to follow and it kind of makes it work as an instructional video. I haven't been playing Kirby as much in Brawl but I've been trying to get back into him lately. I'll definitely try out some of the stuff in the video.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
I know of several kribies who have been doing the forward throw upair chaingrab (1 being me) since the week after brawl came out so I don't think you can name it after yourself.
If u read earlier in the thread i say that i never intended to name it after myself. I've been using it a tourneys and people started calling it the Gonzo Combo and the name stuck, so i just called it that. Feel free to call it w/e u wish i just call it Kirby's Zero - 50 Combo myself

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Very nice. :) I kind of liked the repetitiveness of certain combos and how you'd pause to say what you're doing on some of them. Makes them very easy to follow and it kind of makes it work as an instructional video. I haven't been playing Kirby as much in Brawl but I've been trying to get back into him lately. I'll definitely try out some of the stuff in the video.
What i dont show any of is Kirby's Tilts,

His tilts are A-mazing abuse his tilts!

Bobo_The_Monkey

Smash Cadet
some of the footage sucked in quality, but overall that was an amazing and helpful video. I just started maining kirby and that video really helped

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
Hey!, me and you need to battle sometime Gonzo, this is weird because i use a blue Kirby too and you fight just like me with all those grabs, but i never really use Kirbys up airs. I did run into another ice blue kirby a day or 2 back and its's very rare that i see another Kirby let alone a blue one so who knows maybe we already battled over wi-fi but didn't know it no thanks to the games creator. Anyways awsome stuff!

Top Bottom