• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Deadbeard is the bull****tiest RPG boss I have ever come across
He's annoying, but I didn't find him that hard. At least not compared to Dullahan. Who was way harder even despite the fact you had way more options.

D

Deleted member

I guess you could say, you really grew the beard.

...How many level ups did you get?
I think I got just one, and Isaac died lol.

I don't completely remember though. I was in feat when I beat that cluster**** of a boss.

This was insanely difficult because Deadbeard:
> Can attack twice per turn
> Kill the entire party with two attacks
> Is fast enough to take one turn after Isaac and Ivan, and another after Mia and Garet
> Raises his attack, defense, and resistance by 117, 60 (IIRC), and 40 respectively
> And I had all the cursed equipment on everyone except Ivan (and I had the Cleric's Ring equipped on Garet), so Isaac and Mia did absolutely nothing for 40% of the turns

Adding this all up makes it a wonder how I beat him

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I don't completely remember though. I was in feat when I beat that cluster**** of a boss.

> Is fast enough to take one turn after Isaac and Ivan, and another after Mia and Garet
> Raises his attack, defense, and resistance by 117, 60 (IIRC), and 40 respectively
> And I had all the cursed equipment on everyone except Ivan (and I had the Cleric's Ring equipped on Garet), so Isaac and Mia did absolutely nothing for 40% of the turns

What level were you for each? I remember him being a challenge, but I rarely lost anyone. Trent always downed Ivan during the boss battle for me. >.>

D

Deleted member

What level were you for each? I remember him being a challenge, but I rarely lost anyone. Trent always downed Ivan during the boss battle for me. >.>
I think I was level 30 for Isaac, 29 for Garet, 36 for Ivan, and 25 for Mia.

For me, Ivan doesn't die a lot like he does for other people. If he does die a lot, it would be in the case like this boss battle, where all the other party members are just as vulnerable. In fact, Ivan was the most useful party member in the fight because he was faster than Deadbeard, so he could heal with items, he didn't have any equipment that cursed him, and, since he was fast, using the summons to deal damage to DB helped out a lot.

Isaac could heal for high ammounts and was also able to make his turn before DB, but he had the cursed equipment, so he did nothing quite a bit of the time. Garet has the Cleric's Ring, so he wasn't cursed, and he was able to do a lot of damage, but he was slow and always went last. Mia could heal the entire party, but she went after DB's first turn, and DB could do twice the damage she could heal the entire party for.

I wanted to see if I could just use Isaac when battling him because everyone kept dying (lol), but, even without the curse, I had to heal Isaac every time DB attacked, and then DB just attacked twice and killed Isaac.

The summons though are what saved it for me. They did 250 damage at the least, and that was with 2(?) Djynns per element.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think I was level 30 for Isaac, 29 for Garet, 36 for Ivan, and 25 for Mia.

For me, Ivan doesn't die a lot like he does for other people. If he does die a lot, it would be in the case like this boss battle, where all the other party members are just as vulnerable. In fact, Ivan was the most useful party member in the fight because he was faster than Deadbeard, so he could heal with items, he didn't have any equipment that cursed him, and, since he was fast, using the summons to deal damage to DB helped out a lot.

Isaac could heal for high ammounts and was also able to make his turn before DB, but he had the cursed equipment, so he did nothing quite a bit of the time. Garet has the Cleric's Ring, so he wasn't cursed, and he was able to do a lot of damage, but he was slow and always went last. Mia could heal the entire party, but she went after DB's first turn, and DB could do twice the damage she could heal the entire party for.

I wanted to see if I could just use Isaac when battling him because everyone kept dying (lol), but, even without the curse, I had to heal Isaac every time DB attacked, and then DB just attacked twice and killed Isaac.

The summons though are what saved it for me. They did 250 damage at the least, and that was with 2(?) Djynns per element.
Ah, no wonder. I was always at least in the 40's in that game by that point. I grind more than most, though.

Still, nice job!

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I spent most of last week playing Golden Sun Lost Age and I absolutely loved it. The moment I had to use Whirlwind to blow a pillar across the map too complete the dungeon, I knew this would be a great game. I am 5 and a half hours in and just completed Air Rock. Off to my next battle!

As for the costume, I am giving the tunic a few more days as I am doing a mass upgrade. If it works, the tunic will be even better. I am making a boning structure similar to a hoop skirt (google it if you want to see it) that will give the tunic that extra volume.

And tomorrow I am having a day off for nothing but crafting! Should be awesome! Tonight I am doing the last hem on the tunic and the strengthening of the tunic. I'll snap some photos tomorrow to show my work!

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Did any of you guys watch frostbite 2019 over the weekend? It was really tense seeing some new rogues top the best players and I’m glad to see Myran make it to losers finals as he’s one of the best players in my hometown of Florida. I’ve been looking to hopefully make an appearance at any other smash major later this year to keep support of Isaac relevant in the competitive community, so does anyone know which major I should really aim to attend?

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Yeah watched frostbite during the weekend as well and boy oh boy.

My most favorite part was definitely when Shuton freaking bounced on a freaking Pikmin with Down Air to be able to recover on stage. That definitely was the sickest thing in the entire tournament to me lol.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord

I didn't find him too hard tbh. I just set Ivan and Mia to the sage class (6 Water/ 1 Wind for Ivan, opposite for Mia) while keeping Isaac and Garet to their main class.

From there I have Ivan and Mia cast Impact (not High impact, btw) on the two warrior who is spamming their Rag/ Heat wave. Note that Impact caps out at two levels per character, so you only need to take two turns with two sage. From there, Ivan and Mia spam Wish well while Isaac and Garet spam their spells, reapply Impact if it is removed. Repeat until you win.

It is one of the easier super bosses in the series due to a lack of strong gimmicks.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Cosplay Update!

It's a few days late (but in the long run will benefit the cosplay greatly! But the undershirt is done! The finished result looks fantastic and all came from a pyjama t-shirt pattern! It's making me more and more confident I'll make it to MCM doning Isaac (but never jinx it!)

Up next is either the Shoe Covers (part 1 of the boots) or the Belt Buckle painting. Wish me luck adepts!

53012149_504171736653281_7273621489092395008_o.jpg

D

Deleted member

Just finished Golden Sun today, and it's one of the best games I've ever played.

While I like the Mother series and SMRPG more, GS has a lot of challenge and many puzzles that stump me (lol) and it's something those other games (Mother series and SMRPG) don't have.

The cliffhanger left me hungry. I really can't wait to play Lost Age (although I want to stretch out the time until I play it, so I will probably play Mother 1 and Earthbound before it) :)

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Tried to get in on the Pokemon hype while I could
Just finished Golden Sun today, and it's one of the best games I've ever played.

While I like the Mother series and SMRPG more, GS has a lot of challenge and many puzzles that stump me (lol) and it's something those other games (Mother series and SMRPG) don't have.

The cliffhanger left me hungry. I really can't wait to play Lost Age (although I want to stretch out the time until I play it, so I will probably play Mother 1 and Earthbound before it) :)
Glad you enjoyed it =), you're in for a treat with TLA, I'll just let you know from now that TLA prioritises exploration more so there may be times where you get lost

Last edited:

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
If they were to remake TBS and TLA, would you prefer if they kept the separated overworld maps between the two games, or would you rather have them join up, say, once you reach a certain point in TLA?

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
If they were to remake TBS and TLA, would you prefer if they kept the separated overworld maps between the two games, or would you rather have them join up, say, once you reach a certain point in TLA?
First time I seen TBS (The Broken Seal) as a name for Golden Sun 1.

Depends if they split the it into two games again. If it is two games it likely just remain separated. If it is one game, seeing it join together would be cool though would kinda break the story if Felix is able to return to Vale early. Oddity like pirates wanting to join Isaac for defeating Deadbeard does exist but it would be pretty jarring.

ZelDan

Smash Master
If this is a remake meant to combine both games, and said game is going to take advantage of Switch hardware, I'd hope they'd make it possible to visit GS1 areas after some point when going through TLA.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Minor Cosplay Update!

I have finished the Shoe Covers but it won't be until Saturday night at the latest I can show them off. I am dealing with a lot of stuff for the next 2 days (all good things and nothing bad!). I have also cut out the templates for the Greaves and it should allow me to show it off in full when it is done :D

But I ran out of Pattern Paper! I'll need to get more urgently D:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Technically Felix should be able to get back in GS1 region, the only reason they don't is because they are wanted in most area they'd have to board the ship at. Plus urgency.
I'd like both to be in one game and, if possible having a few sequences where you can play the other group for a short while, to see what they are up to.
Having Isaac meet his pirates subject would be hilarious.

D

Deleted member

I don't know what I'd want in a remake of TLA (since I haven't played it yet lol), but, for GS, I honestly just want improved graphics and sound quality, maybe also making the enemies visible (I like this about the game, but I'd also like them to be visible).

D

Deleted member

I'm mostly for improved graphics, a few additional side stories to give players extra items (and grinding chances), and an implementation of the Coliseum into the world if it can't be a separate menu.

Finally, Sakurai discusses Assist Trophies. No, he doesn't go into specifics (aside Bomberman), just that he wanted them to have a more hectic situation where taking out an ally is part of the battle, and was given kudos for giving KO'able ATs expressions when they are hit, showing vulnerability. He also worked with an IV stand for a few days.

https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...ng-bosses-and-spirits-new-stages-much-more/2/

KMDP

Smash Legend

Break is your best friend with Enemy stat boosts.

It's too late to give you any other advice regarding equipment load-outs and the like, because you've already succeeded. :laugh:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Break should be out of the game, it removes too much strategic options on long term. Especially when bosses spam it. I mean yeah you can manipulate them by using stats boost to make them waste a turn but still...

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Alrighty guys, this is the last hurdle we better make a good case for if we’re gonna win over the skeptical and pessimistic fans. Reggie did state at the game awards last year that the new smash dlc characters would be ones that have never been in the series before, so a lot of fans claim that deconfirms not only AT but spirits as well. They say only character with absolutely no representation of any kind of content have their chance to make it in. What should be our counter argument to this, as I may have gotten a little backlash last time I competed.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Counter is: They said it would be surprising, it you consider **all** thoses licences/characters are impossible, you reduce tremendously the possibilities and make it extremely predictable. As you just have to check any game that isn't in smash and is popular enough.

But in reality there is no counter. Those people have no conviction, if a character being a spirit is added as fighter they'll turn around and say they were right all along. I think reggie meant represented as fighters and talked about the franchises. It could extend to AT, maybe, but even then it could be character from franchises which have no fighters, golden sun could get felix etc...

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Alrighty guys, this is the last hurdle we better make a good case for if we’re gonna win over the skeptical and pessimistic fans. Reggie did state at the game awards last year that the new smash dlc characters would be ones that have never been in the series before, so a lot of fans claim that deconfirms not only AT but spirits as well. They say only character with absolutely no representation of any kind of content have their chance to make it in. What should be our counter argument to this, as I may have gotten a little backlash last time I competed.
I've always taken that statement to mean that all 5 DLC fighters will be newcomer fighters, as in, not veterans, like Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy. This is, of course, obvious, since every veteran is already in the game. The problem is that this is an interpretation of Reggie's statement, not something that can be taken as fact. I (and many here, probably) see that statement as nothing more than just stating the obvious, but others see it as a damming statement against our cause.

There's no way to convince these people that Reggie's statement means nothing. They believe what they believe, and the only way to convince them would be for an Assist/Spirit to show up as DLC.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
**** this game not buying it now
Hmph, petty. :glare:

Yeah I've lost my desire to get the game now.
Well, too bad. Have fun missing out.

Words cannot describe how devastated I feel inside. I heard there was a leak spreading around, and I avoided all Nintendo news sources at that point hoping that Isaac could've been a part of it and maybe it was real. I didn't get my hopes up, but it all actually felt so possible.

Now I have to question whether I even want this game anymore. I can't believe they ended it like this.
If I were you, I would choose to purchase it and not let something like this ruin your excitement, there are lots of stuff to enjoy in this game, y'know?

Top Bottom