• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Golden Sun Stage??? (Isaac)

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
IF Isaac was a character. Wouldn't the top of the Lighthouse (Mars maybe?) be a good stage to represent Golden Sun? Maybe perhaps the Boat where the whirlpools are and that one merman guy that you needed the Trident to hurt, and you can fight on the boat.

If Isaac was a character, what stage do you think could represent him?

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
I was actually going to make a topic on this today. I think the Venus Lighthouse would kick the most ***, although any of them would work, the hazard of the splitting earth and surrounding chaos upon it's lighting would be most excellent.

And it has to play Isaac's battle song, one of the most epic themes ever.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
I was actually going to make a topic on this today. I think the Venus Lighthouse would kick the most ***, although any of them would work, the hazard of the splitting earth and surrounding chaos upon it's lighting would be most excellent.

And it has to play Isaac's battle song, one of the most epic themes ever.

Ah thats the one I was thinking of. Sol Sanctum might be a good one too. Have boulders falling everywhere while you try and dodge them. As well as the eye rock guy, he can make his apperance and stop the movement of one character for 5 seconds or so.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
I think Sol Sanctum would probably be his home stage. It is the most recognizable area from the Golden Sun series.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
The Sol Sanctum is also possible. I just think they would go for the lighthouses seeing as how they are the most memorable dungeons and the tops could make for harrowing platform battles, a staple for smash.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I never actually thought of Sol Sanctum as a stage, that's a very awesome idea.

Of course you'd have one main platform and than you'd have the other smaller pillar like platforms.. It'd be very interesting.

We need a lighthouse as well, though. Specifically one that will bring Venus Lighthouse's awesome music.

inhabityo

Smash Rookie
it's been so long since i played these games.. but I think the lighthouse where you fight Saturos(? is that right?) on his own without Menardii, would make a terrific smash stage... the music was great in that game too.. though tbh, if Golden Sun got a Smash rep i would prefer it to be Felix, Alex, Jenna or Sheba (if those names are correct, i can't remember!) than Isaac.

Tpoto

Smash Cadet
Here's some ideas, cuz these games became an obssession :p

The Tiki Head with the gears

The Pirate ship

Any lighthouse (Or whichever one had the fusion dragon)

The Wind Rock (The one the tiki heads blowing tornadoes)

And please, this one would make my dreams come true:

That place where everyone ages super slow, and there is that fountain where you throw coins and get prizes. Every so often a trophy or item would come out of the dragons mouth. it would be SWEEEEEET!

Sorry About forgetting names. I LOVE the games, but fail to remember any of the names of places :p

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
some of my personal choice locations -

Village of Vale - during the sequence that the boulder is going to fall from Mt.Aleph (could serve as a nice stage hazard!).
Strong wind and rain (lets face it, we really need a stage with a storm. Id love to see things such as how hair, capes and other apparel would react to a stage with high wind.)

The river that runs through Vale somewhere in the stage (same river that Felix nearly drowns in, of course he wouldnt be in the river) complete with a few logs (much like the logs in a particular Donkey Kong Stage in Melee).

Why?: Vale is where Golden Sun begins, and where Golden Sun: The Lost Age finishes (well not quite true, since Vale gets swallowed by Aleph, but you sort of get my point.)

Piers' Lemurian Ship - Speaks for its'self. Water on all sides. No walk off edges. Beautiful scenery. the first REAL pirate ship type stage (that we know of at least.) Could have various weather changes ,althought this may be overkill.
Now i know it doesnt represent Isaac specifically, but he did appear in Golden Sun: The lost Age, making this at least the smallest bit viable.

Why?: Hello, ship on the open seas, everyones got to love that!

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
God this thread makes me think... WHY THE **** IS GOLDEN SUN NOT AN INTEGRAL PART OF SMASH BROS?

Krell

Smash Journeyman
I would have to say Venus or Mercury lighthouse. It would be flat to the left and right, then two staircases would taper up to the center. Pretty simple. The background would have the corresponding statues and the beacon lit. Good stuff, amirite?
Also, to the left and right would be three small platforms, the ones you had to jump across to access the main area.

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
mt. aleph and sol sanctum (or are they the same?) i would also vote for the mars lighthouse. the music that you hear when you battle saturos on mercury lighthouse for the fist time should be included. that song is epic! it fits the fighting style of brawl perfectly! anybody else agree with me?

Isaac Brawler

Smash Apprentice
I would say any lighthouse. I think the most amazing background would be the Mars one (dragons everywere, magma, etc), or maybe the top of the Lighthouse. There would be platforms that would be used to go from one side to another (the light hole would be on the center). Maybe each minute or so, a huge strike of light would come out from the lighthouse, similar to Samus FS, but weaker.

Main Music: Venus Lighthouse Theme
Alternative Music: Isaac Battle Theme
2nd Alternative Music (hopefully): Golden Sun Intro Theme

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Venusl lighthouse for the sake of epic music!

Well here are the most likely locations imo:
1)Sol Sanctum/Mt.Aleph
2)Venus Lighthouse
3)Lemurian Ship
4) Lemuria
5) Vale
6) Other

Clumber

Smash Cadet
Venus lighthouse should definitely be the Golden Sun stage. The center stage would be a platform about the size of the battlefield main platform, with three smaller platforms to each side. Possibly you could have two more platforms at the end of the little ones that will often lower out of the screen (the elevators). In the middle of the battle the beacon would light and the stage would tear in half.

Prinkachu

Smash Cadet
First we should need a Golden Sun character, then a stage.
But if this is just for fun...

I had a little idea, it would be a bit like the new Ice Climbers stage, you start in the top of the Venus Light house, maybe in a certain moment, the Lighthouse gets light (for wathever reason) and a earthquake starts, maybe characters could get something like a DK down B effect, but with no damage, if it was like that at this point, aerial characters have more advantage. After the earthquake, the Light house splits and it starts to collapse, so you just have to jump down, now a brief moment (maybe for like 5-10seconds) there is a complete aerial fight, with no scenery, while characters are falling, then when they reach down, the camera moves (and you have to follow it like rainbow road) to the Light house wich for some misterious reason is completely intact, then you have to go up, following the camera, then you get to the top and the cycle repeats.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Really I'd rather just have Venus Lighthouse be a "static" stage on top of it.

I'm convinced that Golden Sun needs two stages:

Venus Lighthouse, of course, and then Sol Sanctum's elemental stars chamber. As I said earlier it would consist of one big platform (the main platform in the center in the game itself.) and then several smaller platforms to the side just like in the game. Of course it could be made where some of them are higher and lower than others. That'd be awesome.

Venus Lighthouse is the most likely, and I'd be happy with it. Seeing the Golden Sun world in the background in full 3D would be awesome.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
First we should need a Golden Sun character, then a stage.
I agree. I can only hope Golden Sun is in Brawl.

Who knows, with talks of a new Golden Sun Game here.
there might be. But who knows...

theres alot of locations that can be used for Brawl. I can just hope, since Isaac was on THE poll that had characters on it...

Oh, Dont forget the desert. that can be a good stage too... have the sand with tornadoes around.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone notice the lighthouse that is clearly visible on the new map where the difficulty selection screen is on the Dojo? Bears some striking semblance to a place commonly spoken of in this thread.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Did anyone notice the lighthouse that is clearly visible on the new map where the difficulty selection screen is on the Dojo? Bears some striking semblance to a place commonly spoken of in this thread.
It looks close to Venus Lighthouse, but not close enough. It's the right color, it's surrounded by sandy rock and dirt (earth element), and it's positioned near the coast, but the tower itself doesn't look like it's quite the right shape.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
It looks close to Venus Lighthouse, but not close enough. It's the right color, it's surrounded by sandy rock and dirt (earth element), and it's positioned near the coast, but the tower itself doesn't look like it's quite the right shape.
That's what I thought too, but who knows? Maybe it got a facelift for this and upcoming games. I mean, it could be any number of things, but there's a distinct possibility.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
How about Pier's ship. It starts on the water, then it could start flying! It could show the entire world! And for say it could "park" at different harbors and start scrolling, the scroll back to the ship!

Agree/disagree?

courte

Smash Lord
how about a redone lighthouse mixed with elements of the sol santcum?? a brand new stage with influences from actual places has been done before... Perhaps similar to Pokemon stadium. It will randomly be set at a particular element, only it doesn't change throughout the battle. I.E. certain aspects can be changed.

Ex. if its an earth type area, players or the stage will trigger combination effects like Growth of vines or thorns...
If its water, perhaps you can trigger icicle effects...

I DUNNO cuz i don't remember haven't played the games in years... it's just a thought
--------------------------------
i do like the idea above me, because i love dynamic stages... reminds me of my canon travel thread :tear to my eye: ...would any of the flying ship's stops be the top of a lighthouse, i think most people who've played the game have that location in mind as one of the most likely... AND WHERE THE HELL IS OUR COOL MARIO STAGE ITS BEEN TOO LONG!!

WHY DO I WANT TO PLAY IN A LOST WOODS/SACRED GROVE[MEADOW]/TEMPLE OF TIME STAGE SO BADLY!!

courte

Smash Lord
Couldn't find the other link so i came here instead... WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT!!!

remember when someone as$-u-me [no offense] that the SSE would take some 33 hours...
[[lets not talk about the 240 hours fool... "with each character"c'mon, now you're just making stuff up]]

did they just go on the assumptions made of skyworld, or forget that game opens with a tourney and a siege as well??

and wouldn't skyworld represent the whole section?? not just one stage?? perhaps skyworld was 3% done?? [[i.e. not even started; just saw the opening video??]

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
Seeing as I do support the idea of Golden Sun being integrated into Brawl at least in SOME way shape or form, I can't help but post! However, I never did actually play Golden Sun 2... Shame on me.

Anyhow, I agree with many of the statements that have already been made... The Sol Sanctum is definitely a reasonable choice, seeing as odds are if you start the game but don't finish it, you'll still see the Sol Sanctum. Falling rocks and floating rock eyeball for the win! :D

The Lighthouses are the first things I thought of myself when I tried to think up a reasonable GS stage... especially when you see the way the Venus Lighthouse splits into pieces briefly in the ending to the first GS. Imagine fighting on top of that with the swirly magic orb in the background as it splits into pieces and snaps back together, maybe even with the Fusion Dragon flying around in the back. The Fusion Dragon's battle music is something I'd love to have added too... after hearing how dark and evil the Ridley music was on the Brawl website, I feel less leery about suggesting something that intense. Only problem is that it is probably not memorable to some considering some might not have even made it up to that boss.

All this makes me want to break out the Golden Sun character threads... Must find some and post.

Rabenfeder

Smash Rookie
It would be very great if the Venus Lighthouse would be Isaacs stage.
But i didn't thought about the top of the venus lighthouse.
I thought about the dungeon in the lighthouse.
Sand is falling down everywhere and maybe you could fight on a platform floating on a river of sand.

Top Bottom