• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Golden Sun Stage??? (Isaac)

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
If there were 2 stages I wold like a Light House and maybe something more "organic"

inhabityo

Smash Rookie
gangstajuice is a known troll, seems to only post when he wants to troll the hell out of a topic he clearly doesnt care about. Golden Sun has every chance of getting some representation in Brawl, even if it's jst an item or AT. It was one of the most popular games in Sakurai's poll for a Smash rep, and it's fun to speculate

retard18426

Smash Rookie
I definitely agree that a Golden Sun stage for Brawl should have the music from Venus Lighthouse, that track was one of the best in the game (which is really saying something... the whole game had absolutely beautiful music). For the actual stage, however, I would prefer Mars Lighthouse. Imagine this:

The battle starts on the ground, right outside the main entrance to the lighthouse. This part of the stage is flat and basic, and the edges of the stage are walk-off. We get a nice view of the lighthouse here, perhaps with some statues and some of the other art that (for me at least) helped give the lighthouses a feeling of dramatic significance. Then, on either side of the screen, an elevator comes down. Players must scramble onto either of the elevators, and after a couple of seconds, they both begin to rise. In matches of four characters, this forces players into tight quarters that should result in some really intense hand-to-hand combat. In matches of two people, one player could ride on each elevator. Both elevators should rise at the same speed, to allow for easier exchanges of projectiles during the ascent. The distance between the elevators should be large, but just small enough for bold players with a fair amount of skill to jump between the two sides (which allows for the battle situation to change rapidly in matches of 3-4 players, and may also help to encourage high-stake aerial exchanges). As the elevator starts to rise, we get a shot of the snowy landscape behind it, which soon dissolves into (and this is why I chose Mars over any of the other lighthouses) a breathtaking shot of the edge of the world, and finally, as the elevator nears the top, all we can see in the background is the void, ominous, ready to consume the entire world. Finally, the elevator reaches the top, and we get an awesome shot of the massive magical orb at the very top of the lighthouse (even though it's only a background object), depicted in the beautiful graphics of SSBB. For the next minute or so, the elevators remain in place, slightly separated from the main battle platform, creating a fairly wide arena consisting of three platforms. Then, finally, the elevators drop away (but you do not want to ride them this time), leaving you permanently at the top of the central platform at the top of the lighthouse. I imagine that the central platform would be roughly the size of Final Destination. So by the end, it would basically be an FD battle: wide, flat ground, and no gimmicks. Except this time, there is an even more powerful background, thanks to the orb and the void, all set to the incredible music from Venus Lighthouse.

Actually, I think the void was really called "the rift," but it's been so long since I've played GS that I can't really remember. But that's not of major significance right now. So what do you guys think?

inhabityo

Smash Rookie
So what do you guys think?
yes, yes, for the love of god yes! that could potentially be the best stage ever! I would also like to see a Vale stage, with wind and lashing rain, and some villagers in the background. Every so often, the Aleph boulder could come crashing down into the middle of the area, stay a little while and the the villagers could use their psynergy to push it back up. In the same vain, a Sol Sanctum level in the lava area could be cool, with the Wise One in the background, and huge molten boulders falling down which the Wise One could lift back up again or something. There really is a lot of potenial for a Golden Sun stage in brawl...

inhabityo

Smash Rookie
What does anyone think of my idea?
that could be really cool, the ship could fly round different landmarks of the games like Aleph, Lighthouses etc, kind of like the Lylat Cruise stage. I can't really remember his ship though, I haven't played these games for years and i've only just started GS1 again so when i get to Lost Age, I will understand the idea a bit better

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
On the Lemurian ship and flying aroud, the pirate ship in Crossbone Isle, or atop of lighthouse are all really cool ideas.

Top Bottom