• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GOLDEN CHARIOT RESULTS! 6-14-14

What side event would you like for the next one?

• Regular doubles

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Waseda doubles

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Crew battles

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • 3v3 tourney

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
First of all, I want to apologize for the somewhat disregard for region/crews in seeding the brackets. I rushed myself to get them done, so I just did them by skill alone, and I didn't ask anyone else to look at them. I normally get at least one or two other people to look at brackets before finalizing them, but for whatever reason, I didn't this time. I promise that won't happen again. And also, we need more people to bring Wii's/Brawl discs, aka PM setups. It kinda sucked we had to have Brawl on hold since we had only 3 PM setups, but we had to do so since PM was the biggest Smash event.

Now, onto to the good stuff. I'd say, for the first time at this venue and creating a stream setup on the fly, this tournament was a great success! The venue is huge, the two projectors gave spectators something to watch, we had pizza and concessions for everyone, and it was a blast. HUGE thanks to Ryck for putting this all together, Frank/David/Kenneth for letting us use the venue and being a great help for just about everything we asked them for, Brent for helping all around, Rickie (Bees?) for running the PM bracket, Dean (@deanelazab) for running the Melee bracket, helping with the stream, and sharing his tourney-running experience, Brett (@ Bestrin Bestrin ) for setting up and running the stream for us, and to EVERYONE who brought anything to help us out, setups in particular. Look for the next one to come in a few months before this year is out, and I know for sure we will use what we learned from this one to make the next one MUCH better!

Shoutouts to @Samsora and @ Brawlman1000 Brawlman1000 (THE SAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLT) for finally taking me out of the usual me vs. Lee GF's for Brawl, I really gotta practice and stuff now thanks to you guys! I would use the whole "I was running the tourney, it wore me out" excuse, but that would discredit how good you guys are getting and the work you have done to get here. Do know that I usually get my revenge quickly, so be wary! Also, shoutouts to the PM devs for making Diddy Kong a very ridiculous character, not a bad showing for my 2-week Diddy! I need to stop running tournies so I can get friendlies in, I can't remember the last time I had friendlies since WHOBO lol.

As always, if anyone wants to claim a spot or needs info changed or has any info to add, please let me know!

Golden Chariot Brawl
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
LeeLoL
$66.00
2nd
Brawlman
$33.00
3rd
Samsora
$11.00
5th
Captain Zack
5th
Palestine
7th
Yams Everywhere
7th
TRC | Curlz
9th
Joseph Coo (Forfeit)
9th
TRC | MasterMajora
9th
DtJ | BSL

Golden Chariot Melee
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
LeeLoL
$156.00
2nd
TRC | Owl
$78.00
3rd
King Ramses
$26.00
4th
Ragnarock
5th
Mushroom Dynamite
5th
Zone
7th
WMA | Jackets
9th
Shu
9th
Dinowulf
9th
Pops
9th
Brzz
13th
Glitch
13th
Rhyme
13th
Mountain Goat
13th
Aly
17th
Princess
17th
Chris
17th
CC
17th
Dorito Pimp
17th
Jawn
17th
Socks
17th
The Butt Pirate
17th
Zylo
25th
Joseph Coo
25th
Oath

Golden Chariot PM
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
LeeLoL
$180.00
2nd
Ragnarock
$90.00
3rd
King Ramses
$30.00
4th
Samsora
5th
Earwax
7th
TAG
7th
Exia
9th
Captain Zack
9th
Pyro
9th
ChKn
9th
WMA | Jackets
13th
Mushroom Dynamite
13th
Dorito Pimp
13th
Dinowulf
13th
DtJ | BSL
17th
Palestine
17th
Princess
17th
Krald
17th
Robo
17th
Bees?
17th
TRC | Curlz
17th
Bestrin
17th
Socks
25th
Yams Everywhere
25th
Jack
25th
TRC | Oath
25th
Grape
25th
CBK
25th
TRC | MasterMajora

Curlz

Smash Lord
Project M Waseda doubles needs to be an event at the next tournament. Project M gets the most entrants per event and we rarely get to do doubles anymore. It'll be so hype!

Aside from that, I really enjoyed my time at this tournament. I am rather disgusted with my performance, but I think I realized what I need to do in order to improve. I'm hoping this snail's pace improvement will end soon. >.>

Noor & Captain Zack... You're on my hit list!

TFerg

Smash Apprentice
It was my first tourney, and I obviously played like poo, and I was sad to be knocked out by Brad LOL
Had a great time though, thanks for running dis man. Shoutouts to Samsora who played a really impressive 1 week Zelda

Last edited:

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
GGs all. Fun was had. Salt flew. Pizza was eaten. It was a good day.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
I enjoyed all the melee competition out there especially against jackets (Steve what I think they called him) let's do this again sometime

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
also quick shoutout to Rhythm. Your falcon is really good and although jackets destroyed me the next match after i feel like i had more fun fighting against you cause of our even Skill. So thanks for that.

Top Bottom