• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Going to my first Real tourney today need advice

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
I've been to real tourneys just not as a half decent player like I am now. I've been to a few so the nerves are alot less now, what advice as an Ike player and as a person can you give?

DemonFart

Smash Lord
well...you're a ike player so i think you should
-show no sympathy to competitors
-fight for your friends
and always, before a match starts you must tell the opponent to prepare themselves.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Have a good 2ndary...

Don't panic...

Stay calm...

Make friends...

Don't panic...

and get lots of friendlies... to know others.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Some simple things:

If you don't plan on using a secondary, put extra effort into winning the neutral stage match and then learn at least two stages (Corneria and Pirate Ship) for your counterpick.

If you lose a stock and are down, don't panic. Ike is the comeback king. Well, actually, more like the comeback prince, since Lucario actually gains advantages from sucking. In any case, look for that Fsmash opportunity and strike.

Play friendlies. Good practice, if nothing else.

Accept any advice given and don't be afraid to ask for it either. Always good to get a side perspective.

If possible, save the matches so we can critique them.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
short hop + bair? short hop + fair? Either one of those would work. Try not to underuse Aether, I feel like it might be a little underused. It's really good, though, because it's fast and you get super armor, and does decent damage.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
short hop + bair? short hop + fair? Either one of those would work. Try not to underuse Aether, I feel like it might be a little underused. It's really good, though, because it's fast and you get super armor, and does decent damage.
Thers a reason why its "underused" as you say. If it misses, you're royally ******. Its really only good to throw out every once in a while but don't use it as your main way to damage people.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Thers a reason why its "underused" as you say. If it misses, you're royally ******. Its really only good to throw out every once in a while but don't use it as your main way to damage people.
Aether really only leads to spikes, I never really use it unless 'm trying to spike

Top Bottom