• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goals & Aspirations for Sonic in 2011 + Reflections of the past

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That time of the year again.

So with a fantastic year for Sonic, what do people think looking back this year, the years previous, and how much further Sonic can go, where can he go, just how/why he'll go about it?

From my perspective, we got a lot done in terms of getting Sonic publicity. Many seem to have the belief that Sonic is a legitimate threat in tournaments and a skilled Sonic player is nothing to scoff at.

At the same time however, it seems like we still have a lot to get done.

The most obvious is that all of us have a lot of improving left to do. I find it amazing that Sonic has gotten this far on players that still have holes in their gameplay; which suggests that as time goes on and the veterans grow stronger and with the more fresh blood (with talent) show up; the more Sonic can ascend. It's unclear to me whether or not Sonic himself still has room to improve, but as long as players still have room for it, we'll probably be good for a little while longer.

Is there any hub besides the social thread were we can all come to one place and share ideas so that we can improve in places we are faltering, and help those that are struggling to get to where they want to be? Does anything more need to be done besides leave the social thread open for that kind of thing anyway? I'm open for any ideas.

Speaking of newcomers, I'd like to make it easier for them to break themselves into Sonic. I've already stressed that a lot of us who have been around for a while are still working on our game, so how does one expect somebody that's coming in right now to reach a high-caliber point in a reasonable time?

Certainly there are many ways to go about that. I believe one way to go about it is to update the guides, or gather more data on things that are right now undocumented or have no dedicated section anywhere on the Sonic Forum. It's one thing for us; the players, to know, but it's another for anybody who wants to know to look around and find that information as opposed to just stopping by the social thread and asking.

Organization? Sure, we could always use more polishing, but how could we go about it? There's already a community guide in the works, and data is being formatted as it comes in (slowly... hopefully surely though?). I think before organization can be done though the data needs to be gathered/put down, otherwise there's nothing to organize, right?

I believe that's it for that, but now I want to go over what ways we can go about furthering Sonic's metagame.

Let me use extreme cases/outliers to prove my case.

At the very start, a lot of people were conceived with believing that Sonic was one of the worst characters this game had to offer. How did it get from that to where we stand right now? It's not simply a matter of astronomically great players making (for all we know) the worst character to be average, is it? Maybe it is, TBH it feels as if it has some influence as to how much work one has to get to do this as opposed to working with another set of tools (another character) and doing better than they originally did, but maybe I can cover this elsewhere/somebody can help me think through this.

I think it has something to do with people dropping their old mindsets and adopting new ones. However, some things seem to go unchanged...

I only started in December of '08, so could somebody tell me what's changed with things like the Lucario matchup? If I didn't know better, it seems to only have gotten worse, and there doesn't seem to be any clearcut way of changing it.

Now I'm not saying it's unwinnable. I don't think it is either, but until it becomes obvious, I'd like to keep it from being just that. Being better than our opponents is too obvious of an answer, I'm looking for things like "is it possible Sonic can true combo Lucario into FSmash from a Down Tilt?" and some more hypothetical that could possibly lead into realities. This is how you go about making the matchup better in general, so that we can go more toe-to-toe with our opponents, and anybody can jump in and do the same (regardless of how much work has to be put in prior. If it becomes a "pick-up and go" kind of thing, all the better).

It would all be in vain if all this work people have put in so far got into waste and all of a sudden Sonic finds himself with a true auto-lose matchup, much like Donkey Bong Vs. King Dedede or Ganondorf versus... anybody with frame data to equate to more speed I suppose. Hopefully I am making enough sense.

While that's the biggest priority, it's certainly not to go uncredited if one finds way to go about improving our already good/neutral matchup. Imagine if somebody suddenly found an infinite on Meta Knight with Sonic, just what that'd do? An extreme and unlikely case, but my point still stands that it's probably just as important as making the bad matchups not so bad.

[collapse="regarding good matchups"]This may be a case to case thing, but I believe Espy for example believes that Sonic has a very good advantage on (Powersuit) Samus. It wasn't always like that AFAIK and it was more evenish, if not in her advantage (I don't remember if it was ever like that though...) I'm not sure if I have any right to say it but I agree with him on that notion and I can see where he's coming from.

Samus struggles to kill just as much, if not moreso than Sonic, despite having range over us. Both are capable of living to a reasonably high percent, and they seem to share a lot of similarities. The difference(s) lie in the regard that Sonic is able to abuse Samus' weaknesses more often and much harder than Samus can do with Sonic; and Sonic seems to nullify Samus' strengths. Sonic cannot easily be gimped or harassed offstage, which seems to be a boon in most cases for Samus. Her camping game, while still somewhat lacking, is kind of all she has in some cases. Sonic is simply too fast and mobile to be deterred by an already flawed strategy.[/collapse]

I think I'll leave it at that, just about everything else I could possibly say or think of can be debated and that's not the point of this thread.

That's probably all that can be done that can be backed up with solid credentials. I'll go over more sentimental stuff now.

It's one thing to talk over the internet, but how about meeting the pros and the new guys?

[collapse="friendships forming?"]I would be lying if I said I did not find motivation from my partner (in crime ^_-) and now my best friend, Jerry/"Tails." Before I met him, I had suffered a great defeat at a tourney from two Lucarios (surprise, surprise...). At that point, I had either lost the will to improve, or I saw no point in going on if I could not progress.

Shortly afterwards, I meet this one particular person who just happens to play Sonic. I thought to myself "eh, that's neat." I didn't think of it much, I had thought that it was just a one time case and I'd never see the guy again. My past has led me to believe that people come and go and forming a bond is all but pointless. Nevermind that though, I actually saw the guy around a couple of tournaments, and he even regarded me in a positive manner. I was surprised to find out that somebody like me had drawn a reputation, but regardless, it would be rude of me to turn him down. (I won't cover about how I had drawn that reputation in the first place. Let's just being yourself can get you far.)

I also gathered a bit more hope in this new guy. "If he were just a bit more polished, he'd probably do better, if not even surpassing me..." and so, with nothing but a hunch, I took a chance. I started talking more and more with this guy, and he was willing to listen. Either out of courtesy, or if it was because he had the same determination and the same will I did when I first started to become a better (Sonic) player. In due time, and with a little bit of help, he did improve, and even surpassed my original expectations.

At that same time, my hope in myself had renewed itself. " I can't let the student surpass the teacher!" I said. I didn't think it'd make sense then, or now, for the student to have to look up to a teacher who is worse than he is, so I set out to do better in general. It wouldn't make any sense for somebody with no hope in themselves to help another person, so I had to try, for him and for myself, or I wouldn't (have) feel(/felt) right.[/collapse]

The rest is history. If I had never formed that bond with Jerry, I cannot say with any certainty that I would be where I am now. Granted, I am not completely satisfied with how I keep messing up my inputs, but I am going to make an effort to start attending more tournaments and setting out to set an example for everybody else to follow, and pass on ahead.

At the same time too, it is because of everybody else around here that I've made it this far too.

[collapse="tribute"]I remember attending one of the top-deck tournaments here that I just did awful again. I wanted to give up again, but Kupo told me to keep trying. I'm glad I did, because I didn't see it then that I still had some things I could work on. I thought I was at my end, but I'm still nowhere near it it seems.

Tenki was the go-to guy for mental advice. He'd always leave you thinking, and I think in turn it would make you a bit more aware of the gameplay mechanics and how you can manipulate them into your favor. He may be busy as of late, but I'm sure I, as well as others, had drawn a little bit from him.

Chis was kind enough to take free time to working with the community. Most other moderators would've had me terrified to post, and thus, contribute. I love to help, but at the same time, I like to help my way. I know I can be a bit ridiculous at times, but please understand I appreciate each and every one of you for helping me get better as a gamer and as a person. I'm still doing a lot of growing up, and I'll never really forget everything everybody has taught me.

Then you have the obvious outliers for Sonic that always seem to perform above everybody's expectations at their locals/regionals, and nationals too. Right now, I'm just a guy who places 7th at high-caliber Vegas tourneys, and I can manage to beat average players, but when you find people around my skill level I tend to struggle. Players such as Espy/X/Speed/(insert others here) carry forth our hopes and dreams as (Sonic) players and give us a purpose to keep going. It would look silly if you decided to quit before you got on their level of greatness, now wouldn't it? At least this is the case with me, but I hope I'm not alone in this mentality either.

And knowing that our outliers are not perfect, this gives me hope in believing "I can be the next one!" How awesome would it be if I could join the ranks and be one of those that are regarded as an outlier for Sonic and as a top player in general? No one really knows, and the only way to find out is to get out there and put in work. Seriously, if I don't try, it'd probably suck if I could've been the one to single-handily defeat any and every Lucario player that comes my(/Sonic's?) way; but then I retire before that time and Sonic is left to be discarded into the junk pile...

Anyway if any of you were waiting for me to write about myself, tough luck. Despite all I(may) have done, I think I'm a deadweight and my only purpose is to mentor/gather the concrete data for Sonic. As of now, I've seen to drawn the conclusion that I can only solidify the hard data and give our current and potential outliers a reason to practice and make names for themselves (and Sonic). Even still, I promise I'll follow my word and keep trying until I've reached my full potential (or Sonic's, whichever comes first).

Also, if I did not mention your name, please don't feel like I'm leaving you out from malice. It truly is impossible to credit everybody when so many people have done so much.

Sharpie is the other Sonic player obsessed with Touhou and I get a kick out of it whenever he has something to say about the series; being that I'm still learning everything there is to it.

Malcolm was the one who helped me with the Zero Suit Samus matchup, and the guy I picked up the habit of calling everybody I know on a semi-personal level "a n***a." c: He was also one of the outliers I looked up to before he moved on elsewhere. Still won't forget though.

Shugo... Yeah. What better way to go about proving Sonic's worth than making people eat their own words? Ain't no DTilts gonna hard-counter Sonic (except maybe Mario's. :trollface:).

Goggles is quite the card on the forums, but in person there isn't any one type of person that can't be around him. Truly he's a person with good intentions, just a different method of showing that "love." "Tough love" yes.

[collapse="My past"]And of course, everybody else willing to listen to me. I'll try to keep it short, but up until the second year of foruming, I was kind of in a dark and lonely place. Nobody would care to hear anything I'd say, I'd be forced to pull some favors to get people to even acknowledge me, and it didn't feel right being alive if I wasn't doing anything (good(, for anybody)). Today, I have met a lot of people; people I'll never forget, and I can be myself more times and be accepted for it.

I no longer have to listen to my step-father who is a complete douche, and it felt so good the first time I told him "shut up" after I turned 18 last October. I never would have that confidence if I didn't have people giving me the courage. I no longer have to hide or pretend to be somebody else just to collect some sort of pseudo-happiness. I want to think I am a fair but reasonable person and that I can cooperate with anybody that is willing to do the same.

And to think I still have a ways to go with that too. When I start going to college next year, I hope I can make even more friends, maybe find a part-time job to find some work experience, and start leaving my mark on this world. A girlfriend would be a nice bonus but I don't need that anytime soon.[/collapse][/collapse]

Forgive me for the long pre-writeups, but if you're here, then you must still be interested to know where I'm going with this. I was just trying to emphasis the power of coexistence.

Is there any way we could communicate more often with more people? Not even just Sonic strictly, I've also made it obvious just what kind of influence it has to bond with people on more than just a forum-level (to think that the moderators of '08 were going so far out of their way to police the forums that it was counterproductive for everybody, and here we are now with a slightly more lenient contract and more things getting done than ever before...). You know, like meeting up at tournaments, or talking to more people who may be shy and letting them know they have nothing to fear?

We all have different origins, sure. I just find it amazing that with all our differences, we can all come together to work towards a common goal; which I don't think I need to say anymore times. ^_^

... You know, I think that's really all I have to say. The only thing that's left to do is just make a brief conclusion, which probably doesn't need to be said, but for the sake of wholeness:

-Enter more tournaments.
-For those who use Sonic as for secondaries, why? Any reason I/we could convince you to go solo Sonic more often?
-Get better as players.
-Get better as Sonic players.
-Update the guides written right now.
-Gather new/undocumented data.
-Organize/format the data.
-Make everything more accessible.
-More publicity?
-Push Sonic's metagame further.
-Make it easier for newcomers to break themselves into Sonic.

If I missed anything, feel free to pick up where I left off. Don't think of this as on opening post, but rather just another post. You're all free to put in whatever's on your mind concerning this topic, assuming I didn't already cover it for you. :)

Life

Smash Hero
Good thread is good.

Thought I'd comment on your list.

-Enter more tournaments.

For me, it's "enter tournaments" in general. Sure, there's /HOPE (I heard Shugo is attending /namesearchbait), but other than that there's basically nothing in the way of Brawl here. However, I have four local Brawlers for certain (and possibly a fifth) who are willing to show up to the tournament. And when you get four smashers together, that's the start of a scene, no? (Just gotta figure out a venue and it's good :D)

-For those who use Sonic as for secondaries, why? Any reason I/we could convince you to go solo Sonic more often?

As a Sonic main with a good chunk of the cast secondary, I say we need to be out for blood. I think we can take a national. Of course, I'm nowhere near that level, but two certain MLG Dallas attendees are...

-Get better as players.

HIIII! :kirby2:

-Get better as Sonic players.

YESSS! :falcon:
More specifically, we need to figure Lucario and Falco out.

-Update the guides written right now.

I'll help where I can.

-Gather new/undocumented data.
-Organize/format the data.
-Make everything more accessible.

Data's not so much my thing.

-More publicity?

This ties into what I said about secondaries. People flock to new and upcoming characters, and Sonic's well on his way up the tiers. Sonic has gone up higher than any other character since v1 (tied with Oli) AFAIK and he doesn't show signs of stopping (the new list came out before MLG Dallas)

Is this a good place to ask whether it's known that we can cancel a dash with SideB going in the opposite direction? (The input goes dash - B - quickly smash stick in opposite direction. Basically a B-reversal out of a dash.)

Also, what I said above. As more players pick up Sonic, we'll get more placings. Especially if they're good. See atomsk vs ADHD [inb4 namesearch]. That also gets rid of matchup johns and legitimizes Sonic as a viable character.

-Make it easier for newcomers to break themselves into Sonic.

I dunno, D1AOS seems to be having a good time of it. But this probably goes with the guides thing. I think the easiest way to do this is to find a good way to connect new Sonic players to local offline events (this is my stumbling block/go-to john). For existing players, the guides, if written properly, should be sufficient as a place to start.

As for my own stuff:
1. Get some tournaments/fests going in my area. If that means being the TO? We'll see.
2. Improve my Sonic due to actually having people to play offline.
3. College. I've only a nebulous idea of what I want to do with my life. Heh.
4. Get tournaments going there if applicable.
5. Pick up SSB4 because it'll probably exist by then.
6. If #5 is not applicable, begin to attend nationals when possible. If #5 is applicable, hopefully stay Sonic (I have a feeling Sonic will either get cut due to Sega or SAKURAIIIII'd) but if not go to the (presumably nerfed) MK or if there's actual hitstun Marth... or whatever new strikes my fancy.

sqrt(-1) Whenever I feel like it, pick up Melee. Marth is so fun.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yes, all you need is either a group of friends, or yourself and you can get a scene going. Travel around the city and find a business/venue willing to host your tourney.

Here in Vegas, we have had it pretty good all around. The owner would only ask for $2 house cuts and the rest would go to the pot to pay for 1st/2nd/3rd. Any kind of venue to get things started would work. Play N' Trade here always had people on stand-by waiting outside, and in Vegas the Summers are 110°+ and the Winters are a bone-chilling 40-50°. There were no chairs, the T.V.s would be elevated up so you had to look up as opposed to sitting down and looking down. Overall playing in the actual tourney was pretty uncomfortable.

To have the chance to play others is an opportunity you cannot miss. Through the thick of it all, friendships form, communities work to have everybody enjoy themselves, and when you can find a better venue, it's just a blast.

It may not be as easy as that though. I hear of tournaments on the EC that charge a $5 venue fee that's separate from the money that goes into the pot. Can you imagine, having to pay money just for even watching/playing friendlies/MMs? It's sort of understandable as a business, but then again some people are driven by money. You may or may not have to sponsor your events (assuming you want to become the TO of your local community) by advertising at your school, talking to family (specifically people around your age or younger (but if your father is willing to play competitively with you, more power to your family)), etc. After you build trust from the community you can start asking for more if need be, but I would say the goal would be to just break even afterwards.

Here's an idea. Charge a venue fee, but use it for a good cause. The best way to advertise your tournaments is to guarantee pots or pay for people to show up and speak on behalf. If this means you need to charge a $6 venue fee but use that $1 extra to paying for somebody's gas or airfare, then great. The whole point is to raise interest.

I'm making it a habit to work with the newcomers to Vegassmash, and see if I can have more meet-ups/smashfests at my house, or meet people at their houses and play with them. This goes for the veterans too but it's rather difficult with a/the stigma. It's basically you have to acknowledge that there are people that are not as skilled as you; but their initial intent to improve/have fun is almost as unshakable as religion.

This also means that in order to keep interest you'll have to tutor people and drop in some advice bombs here and there, but even the small things can make a big difference. I for example appreciate that people take interest in seeing me further my smash career and a simple "You can do it Kinzer!" is something I take very seriously towards myself.

This is part of why I have wanted to expand my knowledge outside of the expertise of Sonic. I understand that not everybody will want to pick up Sonic initially or over-time; but at the very least, I can keep people coming back so I can have people to train with. A good Meta Knight player may mean the same thing to you as a great Sonic player would; as you can use the experience from the Meta Knight player to condition you for when/if you travel out of state.

You have nothing to lose by talking to people. If they were interested, they'll come back to talk about more. If they weren't interested, they'll just (hopefully) kindly tell you no and you never have to associate with that person again if you do not want to.

Anyway, I'll worry about gathering most of the data. It's my job as a researcher to look deeper into this game, and I mostly work on commitions and (slowly) do small/big projects like Lucario's shieldstun frame-data (for the sake of solidifying the numbers and possibly improving the matchup for Sonic by finding the holes; and what to avoid).

I want more demand from the community though. I'm not about to do/tackle projects if not even one person will immediately benefit from the data. This means I want n****s to pester me via social thread/PMs/AIM. I don't exactly find motivation otherwise unfortunately.

... and I did know about the run-canceled Spin Dash. Tenki went on about run-canceled Spin Charge too. I'm having a difficult time finding applications, but it works as yet another fake-out. One I should start abusing for sure (Spin-Dash Shield-Cancel stops all running momentum and can make opponents mispace their attacks. ;~;).

:093:

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm predicting a new trend for 2011. Matchup specific combo vids.

Sonic vs Metaknight: A Race against Time
(arriving july 2011)

Tenki

Smash Hero

Is this a good place to ask whether it's known that we can cancel a dash with SideB going in the opposite direction? (The input goes dash - B - quickly smash stick in opposite direction. Basically a B-reversal out of a dash.)
lol, we used to do this B-reversed grab thing in 08. IMO it's kind of more useful than a pivot grab, since Sonic tends to run too fast to do things like pivot grabbing a spotdodge, the delay in cancelling a side-B makes it more usable.

It may not be as easy as that though. I hear of tournaments on the EC that charge a $5 venue fee that's separate from the money that goes into the pot.

One I should start abusing for sure (Spin-Dash Shield-Cancel stops all running momentum and can make opponents mispace their attacks. ;~;).
SDSC might be useful for cutting short an approaching foxtrot/B-reversing a retreating foxtrot. I always forget it >_>'

I'm predicting a new trend for 2011. Matchup specific combo vids.

Sonic vs Metaknight: A Race against Time
(arriving july 2011)
If you make this, texture hack the opponents to have the Barrel of Doom texture. :D

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hoping the Sonic guide will be complete sometime next year. That's my hope.

Don't really care about tournament performance too much.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
ill try to keep this as short as possible, but i doubt that will happen

Ive decided that I needed to reevaluate the way I'm playing brawl in general before I can get better as Sonic, so I've spent a lot of my free time trying to understand the "whys" about Sonic in hopes that my understanding leads to confidence. Sometimes a player just needs that confident attitude, and for me, I need information that appeals to my personality as a player, which for me is the analytical type. I've actually listened to podcasts from players like Juicebox Abel and played more traditional fighters like street fighter to rebuild my understanding of the basic concepts like spacing and patience. doing that helped me be a more complete player, and I think im more or less ready to actually improve, compared to early last year, when quite frankly i reached a point where I wasn't moving forward at all.

What I'm getting at is that what the next step for sonic needs to be honestly, is for more players to reach a strong level of play overall. This year, we saw the current pinnacle of Sonic's gameplay in high level play as it evolved in a sluggish, frustrating process of trial and error. I believe it took this long because Sonic is not a standard smash character compared to the others in terms of spacing and other things. Like El fuerte in SSf4, conventional tactics tend not to apply in many matchups, for player and opponent. Now we are at a point where it is crystal clear what not only sonic can do, but what he should do, and really understand why. When I saw the frame data and blockstun threads, I was convinced that Sonic could go even higher in tourneys (note that i didn't say tier list) because I can see the same attention to detail that i see in shoryuken and dustloop character forums.

I think we have built a very strong foundation now, so i think next year if we get a few more players to make noise in tourneys to the impact that x and espy had at dallas then that is a viable goal and the primary one, followed by getting together and making sure a bunch of sonic players go to these events together, making an effort to go represent the character. organization for ease of information searching and the like to me is secondary since i know how hard it is to get people to work on that in a timely manner.

My goal for the Sonic boards: to have 1-2 sonic players in the top 5-6 in every major tourney this year.

god i type too much...:( merry christmas btw guys

Tesh

Smash Hero
My goal for the Sonic boards: to have 1-2 sonic players in the top 5-6 in every major tourney this year.
Won't it cost thousands of dollars to fly Espy and X all over the country?

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
lol there is no way in hell i can do that but i dont mind chipping in here and there, especially if they planned on coming to a tourney in my area (MD/VA) and need a bit o help. oh wait, isn't Pound V coming up? :awesome:

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Here ill push Sonic's metagame right now; use sh fair> first hit uair>FH uair. first hit uair>FH uair is a true combo. or even first hit uair>grab/utilt/fair/ftilt/jab. I cant tell you how much i love to get 5% fairs and turn it into 20% combo with super easy follow ups.

EDIT: love SDSCing to get grabs like that. So much better than our dumb pivot grab. Its awesome because we stop instantaneously behind our opponent which makes for some interesting mind games. Its a dangerous tool in our cross up arsenal along with DDP, dash dance, SDSC Roll, screech stop, and my favorite next to SDSC cross ups; the sh uair cross.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Could not have said it better myself.

If you want things done, no better way to go about it than doing it yourself.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
yea we all should set our sights on making names for ourselves during this new year. I know that's what i plan on doing as well as become more active as i haven't really been around as often as I'd like.

Tesh

Smash Hero
We all need to step it up.

Get this "only 3 good Sonics" arguement out of here.
There are at least 4 "good" Sonics. I'm honestly gonna put K.I.D. on Speed's level out of faith. Anyone that routinely practices with San would have to be good.

But he said like top 5-6/250 at nationals. Come on really? At a national you have ALOT of tough players there will be more than 4 people there capable of easily beating Speed and KID. We should all step it up, but to be perfectly fair...

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
There are 4 big tournaments coming up - Oh Snap, Phase X, No Koast, and WHOBO - in the first quarter of the year in the Southwest + Kansas, and I'm going to try to attend all of them and get good placings for myself. But mostly, this year, I'm just going to attempt to attend a lot more tournaments that the 3 I did last year, and get more experience with the Texas crowd.

EDIT: Oh, and I've got plane tickets to go to Vegas on the week of my birthday, which should be Spring Break. Kinzer, if you're there for the break, maybe you could help me around the place and possibly get to a Vegas tournament, lol.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
EDIT: Oh, and I've got plane tickets to go to Vegas on the week of my birthday, which should be Spring Break. Kinzer, if you're there for the break, maybe you could help me around the place and possibly get to a Vegas tournament, lol.
Spring Break huh? I'll see if me and Jerry can get a tournament on that weekend just for you. We still haven't had made a static schedule for the monthlies, but I'm thinking either the second or third Saturday of every month should be fine.

We should talk more details later though, like if you'd be interested in MMing or playing a seriously with me.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
1) I'm not important enough to get an entire tournament set up for, so don't let me be the primary reason to set up a tournament.

2) This birthday is my 21st, so you can imagine what I'm going to do when I'm there. So if there is no tournament going on that week, then that's OK, I'll be losing my money another way anyway.

MMs and serious matches would be great though.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
No really, we don't have a schedule so things are pretty lenient now, and now's a better time than ever to set up some hype; as this scene needs anything it can get.

Besides that, I'm already planning the next tournament to be titled:

"Neo Vegassmash presents: Billy Mays is now an inside joke."

Now I'll just have to see if Jerry is willing to go with that. >_>

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
There are 4 big tournaments coming up - Oh Snap, Phase X, No Koast, and WHOBO - in the first quarter of the year in the Southwest + Kansas, and I'm going to try to attend all of them and get good placings for myself.
Im telling you, whobo 3 is something you dont wanna miss(ask anybody who went to whobo 1 or 2). People have told me that WHOBO is a event that will live with them for the rest of their smash days. YOU GOTTA GO!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Im telling you, whobo 3 is something you dont wanna miss(ask anybody who went to whobo 1 or 2). People have told me that WHOBO is a event that will live with them for the rest of their smash days. YOU GOTTA GO!
I just checked a calendar. My birthday is March 14th, and that is on a Monday, so if my plane tickets are for that week.....:(

Top Bottom