• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GnG CHAMPIONSHIPS//MMMB -- AUG 14TH, MN --- HYPE IT UP!!!

Jiggy

Smash Apprentice
If I went to this, how touchy would the administration be about me just filming the event/players?

Not gameplay, moreso the gaming environment.

Jiggy

Smash Apprentice
If I went to this, how touchy would the administration be about me just filming the event/players?

Not the gameplay, just the gaming environment.

hunger!

Smash Champion
lol whoa Jiggy, trip post. But do as you want. The tourney itself wont have any problem with that i guarantee it. might just be a handful of players.

my suggestion is DO IT.

and lol we have like 5 confirmed minus setups, hell yes!

Triple R

Smash Lord
I can bring a brawl commentary setup, but I'll need to make sure I can get a ride... wait, Randall, you're driving, correct?
I was just going to come prepared to drive to the tourney. I didn't know if you were planning on finding a ride from moe or something, but I was coming prepared lol.

im bringing my melee setup with its own personal power strip (it takes up 5 outlets rofl )
Dang, that reminds me. I should go and try to find one of my power strips, never can enough of those.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
I was just going to come prepared to drive to the tourney. I didn't know if you were planning on finding a ride from moe or something, but I was coming prepared lol.

Dang, that reminds me. I should go and try to find one of my power strips, never can enough of those.
lol you and Disciple both forgetting important parts of your sentences :p

Amanze and I might team, I'll need to do some damage control for sending my teammate feelers out, but it's looking like an 80% chance :D

EDIT: I like Jiggy's idea, I may have to bring one of my own just for some memories before I drop off the face of the MW lol

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
so is there any advantage to preregistering for this?

also - PD we were still teaming in melee right?

and wow ogbot, thats a lot of mm's. good luck

P D

Smash Ace
so is there any advantage to preregistering for this?

also - PD we were still teaming in melee right?

and wow ogbot, thats a lot of mm's. good luck
yeah dude.

also, anything you gotta do before the tourney? or can you just pay there and stuff?

napZzz

Smash Hero
i have recording stuff btw, just need a windows laptop
I can bring mine if you can get it to work with it

Not gameplay, moreso the gaming environment.
I see no problem with it as well as anyone else i'm sure

Still got room in your car from me since we're staying at dylans friday night?

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Anybody willing to house Iowa Friday? Myself and Joker + 3 others who will be playing other fighters during the tourney. Not a big deal if you can't-- just need to know so I can get a hotel. Speaking of, should we just stay at the venue and does anyone know nightly rates?

Breezy

Smash Ace
OK, since randall is driving, I'll be able to bring a recording setup, with commentary. I'm not 100% it'll work though, I'll have to try it out tomorrow.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Anybody willing to house Iowa Friday? Myself and Joker + 3 others who will be playing other fighters during the tourney. Not a big deal if you can't-- just need to know so I can get a hotel. Speaking of, should we just stay at the venue and does anyone know nightly rates?
It's a little short notice, but I could ask my rents. They might be chill with it, but I honestly can't say if they would be 100%. I'm not too far from the venue either, I live like a city over from Bloomington.

EDIT: Also, who are the other 3?

Double edit: Just asked. Grandparents are gonna be here for my sister's confirmation. Big no there guys. Sorry :(

napZzz

Smash Hero
We should still start at the same time, we plan on having plenty of side events and its best to have all the time we can get

napZzz

Smash Hero
dubs start at 11, sign ups START at 10

I can imagine pushing it back an hour would be fine, my bad

its not really up to us anyways, its up to gene and since he's running a tight schedule i'm not sure if he's gonna switch it

Triple R

Smash Lord
it's going to suck so much for oos if it starts at 10am. push it back to 12 (only an hour)
If it's only an hour, I'm sure you could suffer and go to bed possibly an hour earlier, there is such a thing as going to bed early. Can no one house you the night before? I'm not sure how tight the schedule is, but I don't think it would be right to move it back when a good chunk of players probably would not know about moving it back before they get there, which is just wasting their time. Moving times back for a few players is so problematic in the smash community. It's about time people realize there are other people that have to make plans too, and you can't always shift stuff all the time for a few people. Just plan ahead and come rested.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
good **** RRR, hungers post actually kind of pissed me off..

you arent m2k dude you are a local champ so stop acting like you can run ****. show up to the tourny when its planned to start if you want to take their moneyz and dont complain about it being an hour earlier than YOU want it when its just a ****ing hour like you said.. pretty sure all of your posts have revolved around you trying to make tournaments cater you

i remember before brawl came out you sucked at melee and played link so dont act like u can jump into this new game and be "good" and run our tournament over here......

yoshq

Smash Master
you idiots... he said oosers. like me, or anyone not from minnesota. do you doubt that oosers want the tourney to start later? because i certainly do, and i don't see why any of the rest of us wouldn't. the thing is we're going to stay up til 3 regardless, and if the tourney can still finish but start 1 hour later and let us get some sleep then why wouldn't it?

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
u guys are a bunch of cry babies, the first tourny i went to i had to get up at 6am for...

tournies USED to open at 9am u fuktards LOL

plus with the way u guys play that game if it started at 1 or w/e it wouldn't end by 4am.

@disciple: no one outside WI says "i want to be just like hunger" id say hes pretty local

LOL im trolling so hard right now

imad

hunger!

Smash Champion
rofl, flux you're a ******.

and fyi, i never have played link in melee, back in the day before brawl, i played sheik/fox/luigi. now, i dont play the game at all and my last melee tourney was Cats4Peace and i got 9th while you got Dead Last. Just mm me if i'm so god **** awful at melee and take the free $5 from a "new brawl player that doesnt even play melee"

also my car isnt the only WI car coming, steve has a full Neenah car coming for melee.

lol w/e, ill see you guys saturday, flux you're going to lose our mm IF you accept you, chump.

grimacetpp

Smash Apprentice
flux you need to settle the **** down, Hunger only asked if it could be moved back 1 hour. Not like he was demanding it. god **** you're ridiculous

napZzz

Smash Hero
you can look at it as just an hour cry less and come or oh it sjust an hour its not that much lol

PD venue opens at 10am you can probably show up asap if you'd like, like I said you can use my computer for your recording **** are you down for that?

Triple R

Smash Lord
I think people are forgetting that this tourney is not just for brawl. There will be lots of games and moving tournies around could also mess with people entering multiple games. The only reason anyone wants to move the tourney is because they think they might be able to get away with it. Let's get real, you wouldn't even try to do the same thing at an MLG tourney.

yoshq, I don't know why you thought i was saying this because of his skill, I think you toke flux's thoughts and implanted them into my post. I would say this to anyone of any skill. Smashers being late to tournies has always been a pet-peeve of mine.

Still got room in your car from me since we're staying at dylans friday night?
Don't worry, you're in good hands.

P D

Smash Ace
you can look at it as just an hour cry less and come or oh it sjust an hour its not that much lol

PD venue opens at 10am you can probably show up asap if you'd like, like I said you can use my computer for your recording **** are you down for that?
yeah thatd be cool what OS is it? xp/vista/7?

Top Bottom