• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ gng championship 2 results~ mn

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Webster said:
Edit the following as u may...

Wow. What another great event. I personally would like to thank GamesNGo for allowing me to venture out and run another great event with their staff. All the folks who attended the tournament. And everyone who pitched in to help make sure the event ran smoothly.

There were like ZERO issues with this tournament. :D

Well here are the results (sorry this took me a while, I didn't get home from MN til last night lol):

SSBM Doubles -

1: teflon has a big afro (aarosmashguy & chexr) ($96.00)
2: constract additional pylons (matt & heath) ($48.00)
3: NWC (zeus & D D) ($16.00)
4: yoshim (lucas & deepak)
5: cheech n chong (Flux Wolf & Beni)
5: you acquire puff ball (tripple r & amanze)
7: derob's fire (derob & fire)
7: 1 and a half asians (dgbot & harkz)

SSBM Singles -

1: aarosmashguy ($170.80)
2: chexr ($70.00)
3: zeus ($28.00)
4: lucas ($14.00)
5: triple r
5: deepak
7: d d
7: heath
9: max berger
9: luca
9: fluxwolf
9: fumps
13: wake
13: based god
13: amanze
13: kjell
17: !!baka!!
17: harkz
17: derob
17: kai
17: zatch03
17: beni
17: fire
17: morkexil
25: ogre
25: loki
25: ian goldense
25: seed

SSBB Doubles -

1: dk pwners (kjell & debom) ($96.00)
2: mila haze slayers 1/2 (yosh q & moe) ($48.00)
3: link and young link (sin242 & triple r) ($16.00)
4: anime swager (og & smith)
5: the king and a guardian (d.d & amanze)
5: dem *****z (mac & breezy)
7: zoozie (collin & quinton)
7: the ****in crawfords (epic & loki)

SSBB Singles -

1: based god aka Moe ($108.00)
2: kjell ($54.00)
3: sin ($18.00)
4: triple r
5: smith
5: yoshq
7: loki
7: breezy
9: yeti
9: loyde
9: amanze
9: epic
13: phi
13: navi
13: chew
13: huy
17: john vuong
17: icez

Smash had a really nice turnout @ this. Especially for Melee.

We ran hella games. And shooterz. Thanks everyone for your support. We'll see you in March. MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3 HYPE!!!!!! ^_^
Thanks for coming everyone!

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
wait a sec... me an heath got 48 dollars?

i received 24 and split it with heath... i thought that was all we got <.<

did heath collect the OTHER 24 dollars? or did we just get screwed out of money

Triple R

Smash Lord
Is it still possible to get the bracket in the OP? It'd be nice to see who everyone played. I'll try to do shoutouts later on when I'm not on my phone.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
wait a sec... me an heath got 48 dollars?

i received 24 and split it with heath... i thought that was all we got <.<

did heath collect the OTHER 24 dollars? or did we just get screwed out of money
There was an error, he has your other half. We plan on giving it to you when we meet up again.

napZzz

Smash Hero
i thought kjell and moe split, w/ kjell being in winners?
somehow I got hustled into him having his name on top, its not that big of a deal I dont really care, but moes ego wouldn't allow it

you played well at this sin, I'm proud of you. Moe, you suck **** for placing the same as me in melee

REAL SHOUTOUTS LATER

Maxwell Too Swell

Smash Apprentice
SHOUTOUTS!

-Grant: It was great to see you again! I'm really bummed that you're leaving, but it can't be helped.
-Zeus: Your Falco is crazy good! I enjoyed our friendlies a lot, and I hope to play you in tournament someday.
-Deepak: You aggravate me.
-Heath: It was good to see and smash with you again. Gotta order that pizza.
Tempest: I really wish you could have stayed longer at the tournament, but at least we had a fest the night before
-Luca: Team MAXBERGER next time?
-Aaron: Congratulations on winning!
-RRR: I enjoyed playing teams against you. I want a rematch against you in tournament!
-Kai: Love you, bro.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
There was an error, he has your other half. We plan on giving it to you when we meet up again.
ok, cool :)

shout outs....

heath, awesome job in teams. next time i'll bust out luigi : D

zeus/disciple, you guys both played pretty good, but i didn't think your team work was that great... you did better in a lot of the 1v1 situations ya know? just a critique.

aaron/chexr, u guys suck lol

Kyle/Link Girl, what a ****ing awesome Link, way to carry Kyle in teams.

Amanze/Randall, our sets kind of a blur to me except that i kept nairing amanze instead of dairing him like a noob.... and then eating dsmashes.. good games tho.

napZzz

Smash Hero
shoutouts

1: based god aka Moe ($108.00)-I feel really stupid for letting you split with me, let alone getting the name on top. I was coming from winners with no intention of a split anyways, but everyone else was pushign for it so I just let it happen, w/e....
2: kjell ($54.00)-2nd place y
3: sin ($18.00)-You played really well at this, good job
4: triple r-kirby sucks
5: smith-get on yetis level plz
5: yoshq-MN is gettin in that ***
7: loki-GJ makin it that far after losing first round, nice seein WI like usual
7: breezy-you were my hardest match of the day
9: yeti-GOOD ****! Try to come to more tourneys, you played really well
9: loyde-YOU OWE ME FOR THAT MCDONALDS D:<
9: amanze-Your pika isn't bad, keep it up

AND A SUPER SPECIAL SHOUTOUT TO DEBOM <3 I LOVE TEAMING WITH YOU AND YOURE THE BEST EVER

Wake

Smash Master
Awesome Tournament

Shoutouts:
Zeus- Dang man, your Falco is awesome! And your set with Aaron had, I think, the best matches of the tournament.
Disciple- I finally got to play you. Pikachu is crazy! You killed all the Peaches haha
RRR- Good job beating Zeus, and placing 5th, nice!
Fluxwolf- Dude, we didn't money match... where'd you go???
Max- Sorry about not getting to play friendlies. I'll take on your secret weapon at the next one!
Seed- Nice Job! Keep practicing, you'll get better! It's kind of funny how you always have to play Amanze in the first match haha
Aaron- I'm pretty new to the competitive scene so I've never gotten to see you play. You dominated!

If I'm forgetting anyone, gg's.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
SHOUTS

GENE AND WEBSTER!!!
The most unsung heroes of the day imo. Thanks so much for throwing such a great event and letting everyone have such a great time!! Let me know if you'd be interested in having a recording setup and videos taken at the next tournament you have!

1: aarosmashguy ($170.80)
TOO GOOD YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE.
Seriously sir. I'm so happy you defeated the evil chexr. LETS HANG OUT AND TRAIN SOON.

2: chexr ($70.00)

GOOD **** CHEXR YOU OWNED A LOT.
I'm so happy you got an apartment nearby lets be friends and play smash.

3: zeus ($28.00)

WOWOW Chicago trained you well! You didn't fall for my mindgame to get you to go marth. Too good!

4: lucas ($14.00) Mad skills. Want to play sometime?

5: triple r
I don't even know. :kirby:

5: deepak
Crazy games vs aaron?!

7: d d
NEEDS MORE GIMPS IMO

9: max berger
You have become quite skilled.

9: luca
I love your mindgames and your smart playstyle. Keep up the good work.

9: fluxwolf
Sorry I fock you up when I cheer you on.

Damn I thought you beat me. I have to be so careful vs you now. I think that means you're doing it right. :)

13: amanze
Stop playing fox and play samus!

You mad?

Baka played?? damn i missed it.

Nice up b use. I like where you're going with that. Keep up the good work.

Consider psychology for a field of study!

I gotta get you hooked up with some RTS games.

arvas

Smash Rookie
9: loyde-YOU OWE ME FOR THAT MCDONALDS D:<

yeah ill get you the money eventually you know us poor white fokes

napZzz

Smash Hero
I almost always come from losers.But always ending up winning.

But in this case we were gonna play a set but I had to leave so we did best of 1.
I cant believe i agreed to a split when I think back on it -____- I should've been like amanze and just taken advantage of the situation

I was gonna beat you this time D:<

I also forgot to show love to gene and webster :( you guys are amazing!!!!!!

Breezy

Smash Ace
1: based god aka Moe ($108.00)
I'm not sure why, but for some reason, when you were saying **** to me during my set with YoshQ, I actually got it this time. All that attacking shields **** is done.

2: kjell ($54.00)
Ahma get in dat *** next time we play in tourney.

3: sin ($18.00)
Didn't play you besides doubles, but either way, ****s 'n ****.

4: triple r
Same as sinnyboo. But thanks for picking me up from alicia's and giving me a ride home after the tourney. It's very much appreciated.

5: smith
Smith? You only outplaced me because we didn't play.

5: yoshq
Next time buddy, you're getting penetrated.

7: loki
Good seeing you as always. We didn't play though =/

7: breezy
Quit killing yourself on cruise, ******.

9: yeti
Didn't play or meet you but I heard you took a game off of near. Good job.

9: loyde
We played a lot at this tourney. You're definitely getting better man, just keep coming and I could seriously see you ****** *****es in the future.

9: amanze
Pikachu? Da **** is that? I wanted to get camped! Good set though, the rivalry continues.

9: epic
Didn't play you much either.

Didn't meet you, unless I just don't recognize the name. But keep coming to tournies

I don't really remember much about our set, but keep coming around.

We did a good amount of friendlies here. You were pretty good for this being your first tourney. Your Marth is good, but just try not to dancing blade so much, and practice edgeguarding and recovering.

13: huy
Same deal as phi

Same as huy

Same as john =/

OgBoss:
Friendlies are some serious **** when it comes to us. Great seeing you as always, keep on coming back.

Disciple. I still have your brawl disk. If you wanna come and grab from me sometime, feel free. I'll be in cottage grove on monday, so if that'd would be good for you, I can bring it with me. You might just want to call and remind me sometime earlier in the day.
Webster:
Always good seeing my favorite OoS tourney host. Great job on keeping **** running as always.

Gene:
Words cannot express my gratitude to you for again throwing this all together. It was a blast as always. Don't worry too much about the fact that some events started late, it happens.

All around great tourney! No laptops got stolen, no getting off the couch, no stupid yoshq's car, what more could I ask for?

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
My only shoutout for now:

Breezy: You still owe me a dollar from that dance match ;) jk though that **** was fun though. Next time there's a raging storm/gng championship, let's do that **** until brawl :)

NearZzz

Smash Lord
SSBB Singles -

1: based god aka Moe ($108.00) :metaknight:
2: kjell ($54.00) :snake:
3: sin ($18.00) :metaknight: :popo:
4: triple r :kirby:
5: smith :toonlink:
5: yoshq :luigi2:
7: loki :mario2:
7: breezy :ganondorf:
9: yeti :toonlink:
9: loyde :gw:
9: amanze :pit:
9: epic :gw:
13: huy :mario2:
the chars i can remember

napZzz

Smash Hero
ew dont put snake by my name I dont play bad characters

I also used diddy/mk D:< LIKE TWICE

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
my turn for some shouts

Zeus - I'm never using fox against you ever again. GGs and good times at disciples.

Sparrow - We shall smash at our new apartment soon! Need more single matches with you.

Tempest - smash > family. Nah jk I just wish you could have stayed longer.

Deepak - Next time i'm gonna try marth! watch out!

Lucas - Your shiek needs some more spacey practice! I'm going to start going to more tourneys again so we will get to play again soon.

Fluxwolf - That was pretty lame that I had to play you first match, oh well. I've been playing chexr like every weekend for the past month so I'm not really that out of practice. I had fun playing you. I hope your gf beasts me some day with her link.

Disciple - Keep being awesome.

Triple R - Kirby is too good! I never get to play you. sad face.

It takes me a while to remember names of new people but GGs to everyone I played.

yoshii

Smash Ace
I agree that it would be nice to see a bracket. Thanks again Gene and Webster!

1: aarosmashguy ($170.80) Glad to see you are back! I definitely want to take you up on that spacey practice, I got owned in game 3.

2: chexr ($70.00) How did you not win this? You guys still planning on talking to the managers at my apt. complex next week, right?

3: zeus ($28.00) good games, couldn't really do anything against you. watch out for triple r!

4: lucas ($14.00)

5: triple r what a match with zeus! it was fun doing team friendlies with you.

5: deepak didnt see any of your matches, but i know you lost to the same people i did. too bad our last time teaming for a while had to go rather poorly.

7: d d nice pika. i think i had an easier time beating it with jiggs which is really weird. it plays so similar to your fox!

7: heath didnt get to play you too much, but glad to see you back and playing again! lets play some friendlies sometime. oh yeah, lol too.

9: max berger i can tell you are really working at the game, keep up the good work!

9: luca- crazy falcon, cant seem to figure it out at all with puff. a mystery person was saying you could be like 5th best in mn right now...i believe it!

9: fluxwolf- didnt see you play at all, but best of luck next time!

13: wake
13: based god
13: amanze - we had a couple really really close games. i think your samus is way better then your fox.

17: derob
17: zatch03
17: fire
17: morkexil- glad you showed up again. first time in like 3 years? hope to see you at more of these.
25: ogre
25: loki
25: ian goldense
25: seed

Fumps

Smash Rookie
Fun tournament!

Shout outs:

Flux Wolf: We always seem to play in tourney, intense set!

Sparrow: Fun set, always enjoy playing your Falco.

Luca: Damn dude, you got good. GG on our MM, keep it up!

Max: I'm impressed with your sheik, came out of nowhere, keep playing her!

Chexr: Thanks for the MM, your reaction time is ridiculous, anything I throw at you will be dodged.

Minnesota: Thanks for all the good times, I'll see you at Genesis 2!

D

Deleted member

Warning character approaching!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT TOURNAMENT LOVED THE MAYHEM CREATED BY ALL THE NON-SMASH GAMES BUT MY WIIMOTE SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN STOLEN OR I LEFT IT THEN IT WAS STOLEN EITHER WAY IF ANYONE HAS FOUND/STOLE AN EXTRA WIIMOTE DURING THE AFTERMATH I WOULD APPRECIATE IF I COULD GET IT BACK.

SHOUTOUTS:

Gene: cant wait for the next gene and gene championships it was alot of fun keep up the great work.

Max: We definitely should move to cali and get married

luca: I also love you and getting whooped around by you, my mario came close once but other than that nothing also my crew loves you and your falcon needs to take a chill pill cuz he's getting off like a raging storm.

grant: I'm going to miss you, you've been you of my best smash buds since the beginning so this'll hurt </3

Randall: bring more animal crackers next time

Heath: When you become a professor I want to be the first on your classlist cuz I know you're gonna blow some minds. Also great convo

collin: you have a gambling problem

sam: keep up that fighter and I know you'll get better love ya broseph

Nicole

Smash Champion
i want to see vids of triple r's kirby in melee. how the **** does anyone get 5th with kirby, i dont care how good/bad his competition is, it's kirby in melee.

:kirby:

Top Bottom