• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GM OF NINTENDO GERMANY APPARENTLY SAYS WE’LL SEE MARIO KART 8 & SMASH BROS IN SPRING 2014

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Bernd Fakesch, the General Manager of Nintendo Germany, hasapparently told a German news agency that we should see the next instalment of Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 sometime next spring. We already knew that Mario Kart was due to be released in the spring, but most of us expected Smash Bros next Christmas. Hopefully this turns out to be true.
“For next spring two more big license games are also announced for our TV console with Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros.”
About these ads

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I doubt SSB4 will come out next christmas i think it will be summer or fall

But i can see that ahppen mario kart 8 wii u in spring

(Ps big question will sakurai troll us or not on that release of ssb4 news)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Seems way too early.
Seems that way, until you realize that in February the game has been in development for just as long as Brawl was. This game doesn't even have a big story mode like Subspace either, granted they're also making a port to the 3DS and quite a few unique features at the same time, so it'll probably still take a bit longer. Even then, Sakurai has said that it could very well happen that the Wii U version comes out before the 3DS one.

Do remember that Spring is a pretty long period of time too, Smash could still come out by the end of May, which is still half a year away. In comparison, that'd be just as long as from the game's announcement at E3 2013 up until now, so it would still be quite some time away.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I wouldn't be surprised..Melee came out shortly after 64.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
It's possible, but I'm still banking on it coming out in the fall.

Didn't Sakurai recently say he wished we forget about the game for a while?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's possible, but I'm still banking on it coming out in the fall.

Didn't Sakurai recently say he wished we forget about the game for a while?
That was back in 2012 when the game was in early stages. The last thing Nintendo would want is for us to forget about one of their biggest console sellers while it's supposed to generate a lot of hype.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Man, what's with all these foreigners spilling Nintendo's precious "secrets" as of late? First Cranky leaked on an Italian Amazon page, now this??

Mister

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrMisterMisterMr
3DS FC
4742-4981-8845
Ooh, a spring release? I hope it's sometime in May. That would be the best birthday gift ever!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's definitely possible, as Wariofan1 has said the game will have been in development for over two years by that time and there isn't an SSE equivalent to take away resources and on top of that they have Namco helping. Due to that, potentially the game can easily be far along enough to make that release date.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmmm... I'm still skeptical. Being in Europe, I've been steered wrong by Nintendo of Europe's statments before but maybe I'm just bitter that it took half a Palutena Damned year for Brawl to come out in Britain.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hmmm... I'm still skeptical. Being in Europe, I've been steered wrong by Nintendo of Europe's statments before but maybe I'm just bitter that it took half a Palutena Damned year for Brawl to come out in Britain.
It's not just Brawl, even Melee took about half a year to get to Europe between Japan, and then there is the ten month wait between the Japanese and European release for Smash 64.... (But then again, I've heard that sakurai wasn't sure about releasing Smash Bros worldwide yet thus the longer delay)

Ah well, Kid Icarus Uprising's very close worldwide release makes me hopeful we don't have to endure this again this time around but ah well... Better not get my hopes up just in case...........

They have been improving a little bit in their release schedules these days though...

Morbi

Scavenger
It isn't confirmed yet, but it is nearly there. I have been predicting Spring since the game was announced. Obviously most people thought I was demented, but one only needs to know Nintendo's intent to determine such dates. Right after Nintendo announced Smash, Iwata made yet another apology in regards to the lack of games. They stated that they would push all notable IP Q4 2013 and Q1 2014. So it was quite apparent (with the correlation of Smash's announcement) that they would release the game at least before Summer (hence Spring). They have also essentially disregarded this year of the Wii U and they are going to attempt competing next year (which would entail console-sellers like Kart and Smash coming out early in the year).

Honestly, people predicting Spring were alluding to Brawl. Perhaps it is a form of repression, they don't want delays to mislead us this time around too? They just expected a similar scenario, if they actually paid attention to Nintendo's agenda, the Spring date would be more overt. Precedent to this announcement, there was not sufficient evidence in regards to the release date. I finally have something to prove my "absurd" allegations.

It looks like I wont be disappointed like everyone claimed I would be.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
C'mon, be released before April 27th... April 27th... APRIL 27TH...

Morbi

Scavenger
I guess you can now say "I told you so!", Morbid.
Not yet, I am not one to prematurely celebrate anything. However, it does appear that it is the case. I honestly had doubts myself, it is hard to retain an adamant opinion when it is directly opposed by most of the community. It has become much easier as there are a plethora of leaks saying similar things, most people will also make the development times in regards to both games fairly overt as well. When it is officially confirmed, I will be sure to be extremely pretentious about it.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
It isn't confirmed yet, but it is nearly there. I have been predicting Spring since the game was announced. Obviously most people thought I was demented, but one only needs to know Nintendo's intent to determine such dates. Right after Nintendo announced Smash, Iwata made yet another apology in regards to the lack of games. They stated that they would push all notable IP Q4 2013 and Q1 2014. So it was quite apparent (with the correlation of Smash's announcement) that they would release the game at least before Summer (hence Spring). They have also essentially disregarded this year of the Wii U and they are going to attempt competing next year (which would entail console-sellers like Kart and Smash coming out early in the year).

Honestly, people predicting Spring were alluding to Brawl. Perhaps it is a form of repression, they don't want delays to mislead us this time around too? They just expected a similar scenario, if they actually paid attention to Nintendo's agenda, the Spring date would be more overt. Precedent to this announcement, there was not sufficient evidence in regards to the release date. I finally have something to prove my "absurd" allegations.

It looks like I wont be disappointed like everyone claimed I would be.
Those pessimists can just go suck it. I thought a Spring release sounded totally plausible too, but of course there are people who, for some reason, only speculate on a 2015 (or December 2014) release. This game is definitely farther along in development than some people think. Hell, they even had a playable demo (albeit only Sakurai and the other nintendo guy got to play) at E3. Sakurai even informed us back then that he plays 4 player matches every day during his lunch break (to ignore requests :troll:). There's also that symbol which has popped up on more recent Miiverse photos. It's a little box with a check that usually indicates the poster has played the game, so that must mean Smash 4 has Miiverse integration at this point.

So yeah, I totally agree with you :awesome:.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing that worries me. If this is true and the game is coming out so soon, does that mean we're getting a smallish roster?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I don't know why everyone thinks spring is so unlikely. Come February, the game will have been officially in development for two full years, plus I guarantee he was at least considering the roster before development truly started; he'd probably mostly decided on it by the time Kid Icarus was launching. I can definitely see a May release for the game.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
One thing that worries me. If this is true and the game is coming out so soon, does that mean we're getting a smallish roster?
Considering that we had a boost from 26 (including Sheik) in Melee to 39 total (including transformation characters) in Brawl, combined with the fact that a lot of time, money and effort that would have been spent on a Subspace Emissary-like mode being freed up, maybe we are able to get far more characters in total for Smash 4.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Not really, I think Sakurai is keeping more of the roster secret this time around (imagine getting the game without having a way to know the full roster). For all we know, almost all of the characters could be finished and he's just holding out on us.

Morbi

Scavenger
I would also like to address the nature of the article and how some might not find it plausible. Prior to Smashboards, I was a member of Test Your Might. It is a Mortal Kombat/Injustice based forum for the competitive community. The actual DLC roster was leaked by the Brazilian Voice Cast. I, and few others, believed the legitimacy of the leak. It was the official Brazilian Voice Cast, you would assume that there was universal agreement that the list was objective fact. However, many didn't particularly like the list of characters leaked (Batgirl, Scorpion, and Zod) so they blatantly denied the validity of the list. Some were using similar arguments, the Brazilian list isn't official because it is Brazilian (what?). Many would also proclaim that Ed Boon (the "Sakurai" of Netherealm Studios) was trolling in regards to the list. The list was used to cover the "real" DLC characters that they inherently expected. They completely dismissed the notion that you cannot tamper with someones resume by changing the voice work that they did. It wasn't even believed when Batgirl was leaked (for a second time). The list wasn't even believed once Batgirl was announced.

I think you get the point. Once our expectations don't meet the reality of the situation, we start acting like idiots.

Those pessimists can just go suck it. I thought a Spring release sounded totally plausible too, but of course there are people who, for some reason, only speculate on a 2015 (or December 2014) release. This game is definitely farther along in development than some people think. Hell, they even had a playable demo (albeit only Sakurai and the other nintendo guy got to play) at E3. Sakurai even informed us back then that he plays 4 player matches every day during his lunch break (to ignore requests :troll:). There's also that symbol which has popped up on more recent Miiverse photos. It's a little box with a check that usually indicates the poster has played the game, so that must mean Smash 4 has Miiverse integration at this point.

So yeah, I totally agree with you :awesome:.
Yes, there are clues everywhere. I will admit, I didn't even think of these. I was taking the Nintendo perspective. However, it is apparent that even Sakurai was alluding to such based on his actions.

Edit: The removal of SSE was another overt clue.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not really, I think Sakurai is keeping more of the roster secret this time around (imagine getting the game without having a way to know the full roster). For all we know, almost all of the characters could be finished and he's just holding out on us.

Stop toying with my heart!

Morbi

Scavenger
I actually believe this to be the case as well. I do not think he wants to show much precedent to the games launch, perhaps one or two additional newcomers like an obvious Mac/Mii or a hype inducing one like Ridley/Mewtwo. That is for the better in my opinion.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
The roster is obviously absolutely finished, Sakurai said that even before E3. He's probably tweaking them right now (Marth's buff for example) but as far as the big part goes, the game is done. Now it's all a matter of make it playable and working as best as he can (and I trust him). Also this time around there won't be a Sonic situation, since there's no character left out that would justify the game being pushed back months just to include him (even if it was, DLC is a possibility and I'm sure Nintendo would force Sakurai to choose that path if so).
It's just a matter of who and how many.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
True but there's not easy term for "guy who was damped from melee but is now back". Rebound Veteran perhaps?
Returning veteran. Possibly returnee? Though there's the chance that Mewtwo and Roy would be given newcomer treatment with their reveals.

Morbi

Scavenger
Minor nitpick, but Mewtwo isn't a newcomer.
Technically he would be, it isn't the most accurate assertion, but it certainly isn't fallacious. Here is my rationale, Smash 4 players that haven't played Melee would consider him as such. It is relevant to note that it doesn't matter, it is a significant portion of the player-base though. However, once you assume that Mewtwo might receive an overhaul (completely new move-set as his first had critical disdain) he cannot truly be considered returning. Especially if they utilize implements such as Mega-Evolution. The last reason is that the word "new" which is the prefix, is more properly utilized in the context that I provided. So it is proper and my preferred method of referring to him.

You can call him whatever you want though, please do not attempt to correct me on something so menial. It isn't tasteful.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Eh calling Mewtwo a "newcomer" never really sat right with me, it would kinda be like calling Waluigi and Toadette "newcomers" for Mario Kart 8 just because they were absent in Mario Kart 7. I prefer "Returner" or something like that I guess.... But that's just my opinion. :/

Morbi

Scavenger
Eh calling Mewtwo a "newcomer" never really sat right with me, it would kinda be like calling Waluigi and Toadette newcomers for Mario Kart 8 just because they were absent in Mario Kart 7. I prefer "Returnee" or "Pseudo-Newcomer" or something like that I guess.... :/
That is true; however, I am always an advocate of literal definitions.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
No, you just walk out of GameStop and the security tackles you.
You arrive home and insert Smash Wii U, only to go use the restroom while it boots up (totally unrealistic situation). Sakurai slides out from under your bed, steals the disc, and jumps out your window onto Iwata's helicopter.

:troll:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
You arrive home and insert Smash Wii U, only to go use the restroom while it boots up (totally unrealistic situation). Sakurai slides out from under your bed, steals the disc, and jumps out your window onto Iwata's helicopter.

:troll:
That...sounds surprisingly awesome.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Ooh, a spring release? I hope it's sometime in May. That would be the best birthday gift ever!
Birthday gift... My birthday's today! Smash Brothers 4 is releasing today!

Don't hate on me I'm not actually this stupid. But if it releases in time for your birthday, good for you!

Top Bottom