• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GM OF NINTENDO GERMANY APPARENTLY SAYS WE’LL SEE MARIO KART 8 & SMASH BROS IN SPRING 2014

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Early 2015... despite the confirmed 2014 date? You need to brush up on your speculation skills, mate.
You never heard of delays have you? Nintendo nearly always has delays.

However.

In this particular case I would wager money on Smash Bros releasing before the end of 2014. Nintendo is going to need a killer ap Wii U title for Christmas next year, and Smash Bros. is it. So they're going to push for a November/December release at the latest.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

However.

In this particular case I would wager money on Smash Bros releasing before the end of 2014. Nintendo is going to need a killer ap Wii U title for Christmas next year, and Smash Bros. is it. So they're going to push for a November/December release at the latest.
No, what Nintendo needs is for their games to come out asap. The Wii U has been doing pretty terribly all things considered, at this moment they aren't sitting in such a comfortable position that they can intentionally delay a game to come out at a given time, they could do that with the Wii since it was dominating, but not with the Wii U, they need to have attention surrounding that as soon as possible.

Plus, if Smash is ready to go, let's say in summer, they'll earn more from its sales going from summer to december than they'd benefit from having it sell well at christmas. You don't delay a game half a year just for it to coincide with christmas, especially not a big-time title like Smash Bros, that's not a good financial move at all.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
No, what Nintendo needs is for their games to come out asap. The Wii U has been doing pretty terribly all things considered, at this moment they aren't sitting in such a comfortable position that they can intentionally delay a game to come out at a given time, they could do that with the Wii since it was dominating, but not with the Wii U, they need to have attention surrounding that as soon as possible.

Plus, if Smash is ready to go, let's say in summer, they'll earn more from its sales going from summer to december than they'd benefit from having it sell well at christmas. You don't delay a game half a year just for it to coincide with christmas, especially not a big-time title like Smash Bros, that's not a good financial move at all.
Can't wait until the release date is finally announced, so we don't have to debate with doubters on how it can come out earlier than expected. But then again, there'll probably still be people who claim it'll indefinitely be delayed :tired:.

EDIT: Also, they have X and stuff like that already for late 2014 right?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
smash bros better release in spring if nintendo expects to even come close to there 9 million expected sales.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Even if Nintendo came out and told us today that SSB4 would release in the spring, I'd still be skeptical.

I'll believe it when I have the disk in my hands.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Not yet, I am not one to prematurely celebrate anything. However, it does appear that it is the case. I honestly had doubts myself, it is hard to retain an adamant opinion when it is directly opposed by most of the community. It has become much easier as there are a plethora of leaks saying similar things, most people will also make the development times in regards to both games fairly overt as well. When it is officially confirmed, I will be sure to be extremely pretentious about it.

I agree with this post. I just looked back at my "take a break from sb4 debate and look at Mii pictures" thread where I talk about smash coming out sooner than later and getting flamed for it. I just agree to disagree no point in debating that impossible battle on this forum. Nintendo like any other company cares about money and waiting until next holiday season for SB4 is a bad business move. People seem to forget titles do not revolve strictly around America'a Christmas. Other countries handle December a different way. Sure North American sales shoot up for titles during December. SB4 could be close to done for all we know. I can't wait to get my old ass back into the smash community and attend tournaments and hopefully see old faces I haven't seen since 2005.

Morbi

Scavenger

However.

If they thought the game was going to be delayed an additional year (for some reason disregarding the notion that the game is at least functioning currently)... they wouldn't have given us an estimate. The estimate 2014 is about as broad as they could have possibly gotten with releasing a date, if they weren't confident in 2014, they would not have proclaimed that the date would entail 2014. It is not mandatory for a company to give us an estimate. I don't believe they even gave us one for Brawl. Trust me, if this game takes till 2015 to release, Nintendo is going to have some problems. Mario Kart will not carry the console for an entire year.

Delays are irrelevant anyhow as they have no bearing on the release date that Nintendo releases. We are not speculating the launch date, we are speculating the release date. Hence the ambiguous Spring/Holiday 2014 talk.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
hopefully for once nintendo will have a game come out on time :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Logically Donkey Kong is the one to start the year and it will be followed soon by Mario Kart (and maybe something else) then there'll be a trailer for Smash at E3, with a late summer release date.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Logically Donkey Kong is the one to start the year and it will be followed soon by Mario Kart (and maybe something else) then there'll be a trailer for Smash at E3, with a late summer release date.
Which wouldn't matter because the Wii U would probably be dead at that point.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Which wouldn't matter because the Wii U would probably be dead at that point.

Why is there no dislike button on this site?

I don't even care if you were joking, because there was nothing humorous in that statement.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
I have a Wii U, and trust me I want it to succeed. But, even though the sales are picking up greatly, I'm fearing it will be crushed by the Playstation 4 and XBox One, which I really don't want.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I have a Wii U, and trust me I want it to succeed. But, even though the sales are picking up greatly, I'm fearing it will be crushed by the Playstation 4 and XBox One, which I really don't want.
And that matters.... why exactly? PS4 and Xbox One selling more consoles has no effect on whether the Wii U is successful or not. The GameCube had nowhere near as many sales as the PS2, yet is considered one of the best systems Nintendo has ever made.

Games, not sales, determine if a console is successful or not.

majora_787

Smash Hero
And that matters.... why exactly? PS4 and Xbox One selling more consoles has no effect on whether the Wii U is successful or not. The GameCube had nowhere near as many sales as the PS2, yet is considered one of the best systems Nintendo has ever made.

And on the other side of the spectrum, we have the Xbox One. /Halfjoking

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
But people buying $400 or $500 dollar consoles, especially in the U.S. around Christmas, along with accessories, games, and having to pay for multiplayer, stacks up. Why buy a Wii U at that point, if you even have money left? Now, some people still choose Nintendo over all else (Like myself), but most do not. The system will only redeem its self when more games release, but will cost Nintendo money until that point. If Smash Bros. 4 holds off until the time you claim it does, we can assume that the Wii U will have cost Nintendo too much for them to continue making it. They wouldn't be anywhere near bankrupt, but it would cost way too much from a business standpoint.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER

The Gamecube, as I recall, was Nintendo's first failed console. I had 2, and they were amazing, but it was no where near successful.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
The Gamecube, as I recall, was Nintendo's first failed console. I had 2, and they were amazing, but it was no where near successful.
Again, you are missing the point. Sales don't matter, games do. The GameCube is the prime example of this. It is not a failure by any stretch of the imagination because the people who bought it loved it. The same can't be said for Virtual Boy, which only had 13 games and gave people headaches if they played too long. A brilliant concept, but too ahead of its time for the technology to match the vision.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Again, you are missing the point. Sales don't matter, games do. The GameCube is the prime example of this. It is not a failure by any stretch of the imagination because the people who bought it loved it. The same can't be said for Virtual Boy, which only had 13 games and gave people headaches if they played too long. A brilliant concept, but too ahead of its time for the technology to match the vision.
From a business standpoint, it was a failure. I loved it myself, but when it costs the company that created it money, it's a failure. Games don't help, because the money from the games goes to the developer, not the console company (Nintendo).

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
But it says that it just happened, not to say it won't happen again. They said that it could mean a turn-around in the Wii U's sales.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
if the system does not sell there wont be many games for that system, look t wii u's 3rd party there is not one

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
But it says that it just happened, not to say it won't happen again. They said that it could mean a turn-around in the Wii U's sales.
Um... I have no idea what you're talking about. You said that it was a failure because it cost Nintendo money to make the Wii U. I'm assuming you mean that it's being sold at a loss because all game consoles cost money to make. You also said that game sales don't help. The article says that while the Wii U is being sold at a loss, one game sale makes it profitable. Therefore, the loss is not significant and game sales cover the cost, contradicting both your statements. Also, I fail to see how being sold at a loss to the company makes a game system a failure. If that were the case, then both PS4 and Xbox One are failures, too.

if the system does not sell there wont be many games for that system, look t wii u's 3rd party there is not one
Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed
Sonic Lost World
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Resident Evil Revelations
DuckTales Remastered
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Rayman Legends
Scribblenauts Unlimited

Yep. There is certainly no third party games on Wii U. (/sarcasm)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The gamecube was a failure?

It didn't sell all that well, but a failure?!?

It made more than enough money to get by.

Top Bottom